Seward Elementary School 3

Posted May 15, 2014
We've become less satisfied over time with Seward, and are leaving this year. The classes are big, and behavior is an issue. Teachers are mixed - some truly wonderful - but they seem stressed and overwhelmed trying to implement all the many district mandates and remain true to Montessori. There is little written feedback for bigger projects, so it's hard to know exactly where your child needs to improve, and more attention to differentiation at the top end is definately needed. In addition, recess is laughably short, and kids do not get enough movement in their day. The biggest strengths of this school is its caring support staff, many good teachers, and closeknit parent community. The building is horrible, but I believe a significant addition is in the works.

Posted April 29, 2013
Seward is the best place ever! I was a graduate from class of 2012 and it is a place I know I can call HOME! Opening place, Loving staff members, i don't regret attending school at Seward. This place is the place that made me who I am today. A successful Hmong girl with a current 4.0 GPA at South Sr. High. Thank you so much!

Posted October 12, 2010
It's all about great community!

Posted April 20, 2010
The atmosphere in the school is very peaceful. Kids are generally respectful and helpful.

Posted May 27, 2009
Seward Montessori is such a good safe school. The kids are well behaved. They all get along and everyone feels valued. My son is in Kindergarten and he reads like a 2nd grader and he is starting to learn multiplication. I think this palce is good for every kid's self-esteem. Oh, and it's fun for the parents too! I have met lots of new friends as has my son.

Posted September 10, 2008

Posted March 13, 2008
Seward Montessori is a really good school, especially in the early grades of K-3. All schools in MPS have some issues, many to do with testing and funding, but overall, this is one of the top MPS around. I'm happy our children are there and I feel they are getting a very good education. I would recommend Seward to anyone looking for a good public Montessori who want a school that values diversity, parent and community involvement, Montessori philosophy and the whole child education

Posted November 15, 2007

Posted September 16, 2007

Posted December 17, 2005
My son will graduating from Seward this year. He has been at the school for 9 years. My daughter is also in 3rd grade here. I could not have picked a better school. I have been so proud to be part of the Seward Community. The teachers are kind and caring. The Junior High kids are very well behaved. I like how the school encourages the older kids to help the younger kids. Sixth grade is my favorite grade. The kids take a canoe trip and a week long environmental camp in the middle of winter. What a great school! Highly recommend if you can get in.

Seward Elementary School
2309 28th Ave South, Minneapolis, MN  55406
Last modified Seward Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Seward Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top