Minneapolis, MN

Posted April 23, 2015
Wonderful school! The staff is awesome and they really care about the children. The students get a lot of extra help in reading and math. My children love it here!

Posted October 27, 2014
Amazing Staff and Teachers! It feels like family! My kids love going to school here!

Posted July 16, 2013
We love this school. My daughter just finished her second year and her Spanish skills are amazing. She was reading in Spanish and English before she finished kindergarden. The staff are great and parents are really excited about the school which makes for a great community feel. Very pleased with the diverse education and positive environment.

Posted February 11, 2013
The teachers are the best. They are so helpful. My child went there from K to 1st. And she loved it so much. The teachers helped us see that Spanish specking was not the best for my child right now and they helped move her to another school close by. I loved it when all her teachers said that they are really going to miss her. The staff as very helpful also. They get to know you and your child. They make it feel like an small town. Everyone knows everyone. I do hope to send my son there. Just an big thanks the Sra. Anderson you are the best.

Posted April 12, 2007
Windom is a grate school, a perfect place for Spanish and non-Spanish specking kids to share and learn each other languages and cultures. This is my daughter second year in Windom and she loved it. The staff is great; the teachers all speak Spanish well and they are culturally competent. Estuardo Montero

Posted February 27, 2007
I love Windom I use to go there from 1st to 4th grade and I loved it from the teachers to friends and everything in between if I had a change to go back I would love to. It's so different than the school I go to now. I love how we ate lunch, went to gym, did classes, actives, how we got treated and everything. My favorite teachers were: Becky and Mrs. Irani. I'm sad that they left and went to other schools along with me I made a big move from there to Brooklyn Park.

Posted September 16, 2006
My daughter attends Windom in the Dual Spanish Immersion program and loves it. The parents are very active with the school, the teachers care a lot about the kids and she is learning in Spanish and English which has proven to be an academic boost to children. Windom is a wonderfully diverse school with an excellent staff.

Windom Dual Immersion School 4

Posted May 31, 2006
My son is is finishing kindergarten at Windom Open school. We chose the school because of its Spanish immersion program, though our family speaks only English. It's best to learn another language as a child, and complete dual fluency will be very valuable. I volunteered a little in the class and know that the kindergarten and first grade teachers are excellent. Our son has been doing very well, and other students are progressing. Some children are much less prepared for school than others. Kindergarten starts with English and Spanish spoken (many sentences are stated in both languages) with more Spanish spoken over the school year. The Spanish reading class is taught at three skill levels, so children can progress appropriately. Counting and using math is common in class. Art and gym classes are during alternate weeks in kindergarten. English is emphasized in third grade, so reading English at home is helpful.

Posted July 06, 2005
My daughter started the Immersion Kindergarten class this past year and she loved it. She has not only gained friends of a variety of cultural backgrounds but has learned to appreciate other languages as well. She is aware that there is more than just the English language and is curious about other cultural events/activities as well. Her teacher was fantastic! All of the children have all learned so much Spanish this past year. This summer my daugther expressed how much she misses hearing Spanish. I think that is one of the biggest compliments to their program!

Windom Dual Immersion School 4

Posted July 15, 2004
Both of my daughters came to Windom Open School and I feel that they have gotten a great education in their time at windom. They have both gained life long friends from windom, and learned so much from the teachers. There was only a brief time when I wasnt happy with the school, but that was only because of a principal, and she ended up leaving the following year. Windom was a great experience for both of my daughters, and I think the Dual-Immersion program that will be added this coming year will be a great addition to the school.

Windom Dual Immersion School
5821 Wentworh Av S, Minneapolis, MN  55419
Last modified Windom Dual Immersion School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Windom Dual Immersion School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top