Ramsey Fine Arts Elementary School 4

Posted November 16, 2009
The staff seem to be very passionate. The love these kids and want them to succeed.

Ramsey Fine Arts Elementary School 3

Posted October 20, 2009

Posted October 03, 2009
There are three reasons I love Ramsey. One is that it serves an ethnically diverse, largely inner-city, 'under-privileged' student population. Another is that it serves a high percentage of Latino students and approximately half the teaching staff is bilingual in Spanish, which provides an encouraging environment for students and families who primarily speak Spanish, as well as giving native English speakers the opportunity to learn Spanish. The other (and certainly not the least important) is that it offers a stringed instrument music program, required for students in grades one through five, and offered as an elective for grades six through eight. This program provides an incredible learning opportunity for all students, and especially for those who might not ever be offered such an experience otherwise. For fifteen years I have watched many students benefit from the small group instruction, a different kind of learning, and the joy of the music. Many students who otherwise struggle in school often gain a new sense of accomplishment with this program, and learn much about listening, focus, and working together as a group. Year after year, the program is threatened by budget cuts, as a 'secondary' or non-essential program. I want to see it continue to go strong and, more than ever, to be considered essential. It is one of the truly exceptional things about Ramsey of which I never tire of being a part.

Posted October 03, 2009
Watching kids of different backgrounds learn through performance i invaluable.

Ramsey Fine Arts Elementary School 0

Posted June 16, 2008
great staff. work hard to implement PBIS!

Posted February 12, 2008

Ramsey Fine Arts Elementary School 2

Posted September 24, 2007
My daughter started here as a Kindergartener. There are 27 kids in her classroom, and as near as I can tell, there is no teachers aid to help out. I was not impressed by the staff -- both teachers, and administration. I attempted to speak to administration about my concerns and it took me 10 minutes to have anyone actually acknowlege my presense at the front desk. I am transfering my daughter to another school.

Ramsey Fine Arts Elementary School 2

Posted May 15, 2007
I am very dissapointed in Ramsey IFAC. They seem to be teaching to the lowest common denominator. When contacting the Administration about this problem there is little or no response. Our Daughter is above average and is completely bored! She will not be continuing at Ramsey next year. Discipline and safety is very bad. Look for another school!

Posted May 14, 2007
I have 2 students at RIFA, and I am grateful for the teachers at Ramsey. One of my students has experienced great difficulty this school year and I have been given genuine support and practical information, above and beyond what is expected of a public school. In spite of the demands of the public school of today, these people are working with limited funds or as in most cases, no funds at all! On top of very little support from most parents, increasing demands from public school bureaucy, larger classrooms, plus increasing concerns about child safety it is a wonder that they are able to teach anything, dealing with all of these issues on a daily basis, it is amazing they can teach anything at all. I believe it would be a better choice of time to find ways to help them, and less time criticizing them.

Ramsey Fine Arts Elementary School 3

Posted January 02, 2007
My daughter began as an 8th grader, and has made friends, but no close ones, she's been harassed, taunted, and endured horrendous language at Ramsey. She's had her lock stolen off her locker repeatedly, along with things out of it-- as well as things stolen from her binder during class. This is not a good experience, and while the staff was both responsive and kind, and did their best, there seems to be no hope of any turn around at present. I also feel a fine arts school should offer more than one language and somewhat broader options for higher achieving students than does Ramsey.

Ramsey Fine Arts Elementary School
1 West 49th St, Minneapolis, MN  55409
Last modified Ramsey Fine Arts Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ramsey Fine Arts Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top