Sheridan Elementary School 4

Posted May 23, 2014
My son is in the ASD program at Sheridan. The teachers and staff are GREAT. I have been very impressed with how much attention each student receives. The music & theater classes are impressive, great place if your kiddo is into that. On the downside, being in one of the lowest income zones in Minneapolis of course makes things tough for a lot of students. And although there is great opportunity for parent involvement, there doesn't seem to be much.

Sheridan Elementary School 3

Posted August 07, 2010
I am a student there and i dont think its all that bad. i learn more and more each day, and i am eager to learn more next time, i think the teachers really cae about their student, and the student feel like they can achieve anything.

Sheridan Elementary School 1

Posted January 08, 2009
We had our 2 kids at Sheridan for 2 years.. LOVED the teachers. THe class sizes are too big and one teacher cannot handle the integration of special needs children. Even children without special needs that may be slower do not get the attention they need. I had to complain about an ongoing use of videos and movies. My kids saw more movies durring the school year than we showed at home. Verry disappointing. We pulled out our kids and now pay $700/ month for a private school. Too bad really. We actually moved 4 blocks from the school just so our kids would have the stability of going to the same school for 9 years. Good luck Sheridan, we are praying for your improvement!

Sheridan Elementary School 3

Posted May 30, 2006
programs are limited because of district funding, yet they still provide as much specialty learning as possible. Too many children in one school

Sheridan Elementary School 5

Posted February 18, 2005
Me & my kids(1stgr & 4thgr)love this school for its wonderful teachers,who are always showing positive praise & love to all students.Hands on literaly is very important to me as well as what they are learning! They also provide both special ed. & gifted and talented. they all learn dance, music, art, strings, computer, in classes that are equal in race & sex. They also pair-up older kids with young ones through out the year for special projects which teaches them to always lend a hand to younger people through out their community! The teachers also give enough freedom to express their inner talents in their projects. We left a catholic private school to come to this school!

Sheridan Elementary School 5

Posted August 18, 2004
Sheridan Global Communications and Fine Arts is a wonderful school. The staff enjoy being there, the students are engaged and the curriculum and facility provide for a variety of interests and challenges. I have worked with schools for much of my career, and I always feel a sense of orderliness and calm when entering Sheridan. While this might seem to be an expectation, it is much more difficult in today's world and is the sign of a well run school and cooperative staff.

Sheridan Elementary School
1201 University Ave NE, Minneapolis, MN  55413
Last modified Sheridan Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Sheridan Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top