No rating

Carondelet Catholic School

Private | K-8 | 420 students

Living in Minneapolis

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $278,900. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,030.

Posted November 2, 2014

Great community, individualized learning, high expectations, faith-based values. Teachers are effective, caring, and great communicators.

Posted May 27, 2014

We have had a two children graduate from Carondelet and our youngest still in the Middle School at Carondelet. Most of the students in my sons class went into AP and honors classes and are now graduating with high honors. Both of children took advanced Math at Carondelet and excelled in all the core curriculum areas. Both were well prepared for high school and now college. The school is highly recommended by area high schools, which says a lot for the program. Great school!

Posted April 23, 2014

Carondelet Catholic School had an amazing elementary school. I have three kids. My first one went through the middle school program. The teachers didn't know much more than the students, and the smarter kids in the class ended up teaching themselves. I pulled my 2nd child out in fifth grade, and 3rd child in fourth. Even in Elementary, the smarter kids didn't get a good education. If you're at the elementary school, run from the middle school.

Posted October 21, 2011

Our daughter started kindergarten at Carondelet this year, and we love it! The community has been so welcoming and the teachers and staff are outstanding. We've been very impressed with the communication, curriculum, community and small class sizes. We highly recommend Carondelet to anyone who is looking.

Posted August 11, 2011

I absolutely love this school, my kids are in grades 7 and 5 and every year since kindergarten has been great. The academics are rigorous and the learning environment is very positive. My kids have developed life long friends and have built skills that will be valuable throughout their lives. The school is a gem in sw Minneapolis.

Posted October 21, 2010

My children have attended Carondelet since kindergarten. The Lower Campus was absolutely wonderful, so we were slightly nervous about moving to the Upper Campus for 3rd grade. We have never been SO happy!! The teachers are very nurturing and it is obvious that they truly care about the kids. I have also been very impressed with the incredible communication from teachers and availability to answer my questions.

Posted March 9, 2009

My family moved from Chicago (Sept. 2008)where our children attended a top academic school. Upon our arrival to Minneapolis, we started with the neighborhood public school. It was impersonal and provided little to no academic challenge, creativity or motivation. My children were bored and were losing their love for learning. Mid year we transitioned to Carondelet, and it has been tremendous! Becky Farber, the principal, and all the staff have been very caring, personal and excited to have the children there. There is an attention to the details for how a child learns. My children love it and are excited to be apart of the community.

Posted January 6, 2009

My son attended Carondelet from 2003-2005. It is an EXCELLENT school. He left because we moved to California. We have had the misfortune of having him attend a public school in California. It is like night and day. He is so far advanced here he is bored. We left Carondelet at the end of his first grade year and it honestly took until he was halfway through 3rd grade for the California school to catch up to where Carondelet was in first grade. I am actually thinking about moving back to Minneapolis and enrolling all 3 of my children back in Carondelet. It is an awesome school.

Posted January 4, 2009

I am an 8th grade student at Carondelet, and 8th grade has been really fun for my peers and me. With an addition of some new teachers and a new principal, the school improves every day. Carondelet Is challenging and fun and a great place to learn and grow... going into high school I feel very well prepared. If you are looking for a great faith, based, friendly school in mpls., this is the place you want to be!

Posted December 7, 2008

Carondelet is an excellent school. in addition to great academics (my kids have been very well prepared for high school), the school emphasizes life long values, important for a happy life. A great experience.

Posted October 12, 2008

With a new principal and some new teachers, we are happier than ever at Carondelet.

Posted February 4, 2008

I have children in the elementary and junior high at Carondelet. We've loved everything about the school, including the great teachers and wonderful parent community. Are children are thriving. Great experience!

Posted January 28, 2008

I went to this school, and I was very unhappy. They need to get new teachers, and bump up the extracurricular program. This is a good school for elementary, but not for Middle School.

Posted February 5, 2007

'Carondelet is a great school. It is a wonderful, nurturing community and my children are thriving here. The teachers are very helpful and approachable.'

Posted January 15, 2007

Because of the small size of our school there is a lot of one on one attention to students. There are also two major trips taken, to Camp St. Croix and to Camp Widjiwagen. They are extremely fun and it's a great school.

Posted May 8, 2006

Carondelet is a very good school. The teachrs really know what they are doing.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 3% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of St. Paul-Minneapolis