K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Great community, individualized learning, high expectations, faith-based values. Teachers are effective, caring, and great communicators.

We have had a two children graduate from Carondelet and our youngest still in the Middle School at Carondelet. Most of the students in my sons class went into AP and honors classes and are now graduating with high honors. Both of children took advanced Math at Carondelet and excelled in all the core curriculum areas. Both were well prepared for high school and now college. The school is highly recommended by area high schools, which says a lot for the program. Great school!

Carondelet Catholic School had an amazing elementary school. I have three kids. My first one went through the middle school program. The teachers didn't know much more than the students, and the smarter kids in the class ended up teaching themselves. I pulled my 2nd child out in fifth grade, and 3rd child in fourth. Even in Elementary, the smarter kids didn't get a good education. If you're at the elementary school, run from the middle school.

Our daughter started kindergarten at Carondelet this year, and we love it! The community has been so welcoming and the teachers and staff are outstanding. We've been very impressed with the communication, curriculum, community and small class sizes. We highly recommend Carondelet to anyone who is looking.

I absolutely love this school, my kids are in grades 7 and 5 and every year since kindergarten has been great. The academics are rigorous and the learning environment is very positive. My kids have developed life long friends and have built skills that will be valuable throughout their lives. The school is a gem in sw Minneapolis.

My children have attended Carondelet since kindergarten. The Lower Campus was absolutely wonderful, so we were slightly nervous about moving to the Upper Campus for 3rd grade. We have never been SO happy!! The teachers are very nurturing and it is obvious that they truly care about the kids. I have also been very impressed with the incredible communication from teachers and availability to answer my questions.

My family moved from Chicago (Sept. 2008)where our children attended a top academic school. Upon our arrival to Minneapolis, we started with the neighborhood public school. It was impersonal and provided little to no academic challenge, creativity or motivation. My children were bored and were losing their love for learning. Mid year we transitioned to Carondelet, and it has been tremendous! Becky Farber, the principal, and all the staff have been very caring, personal and excited to have the children there. There is an attention to the details for how a child learns. My children love it and are excited to be apart of the community.

My son attended Carondelet from 2003-2005. It is an EXCELLENT school. He left because we moved to California. We have had the misfortune of having him attend a public school in California. It is like night and day. He is so far advanced here he is bored. We left Carondelet at the end of his first grade year and it honestly took until he was halfway through 3rd grade for the California school to catch up to where Carondelet was in first grade. I am actually thinking about moving back to Minneapolis and enrolling all 3 of my children back in Carondelet. It is an awesome school.

I am an 8th grade student at Carondelet, and 8th grade has been really fun for my peers and me. With an addition of some new teachers and a new principal, the school improves every day. Carondelet Is challenging and fun and a great place to learn and grow... going into high school I feel very well prepared. If you are looking for a great faith, based, friendly school in mpls., this is the place you want to be!

Carondelet is an excellent school. in addition to great academics (my kids have been very well prepared for high school), the school emphasizes life long values, important for a happy life. A great experience.

Last modified Carondelet Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8