9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

DeLaSalle is an incredible school. I am an alum and constantly am reminded how much the school has given me. As a student I was given unbelievable opportunities to study abroad, take college-level courses and develop friendships that I maintain to this day. I know of no other school that can take a kids from hugely disparate backgrounds and build such a strong, loving community. I hope to send my kids to DeLaSalle one day.

I really liked my experience at De. I felt stifled towards the end of my time there by the cliques and the low thought-diversity. Most of my peers were wholly focused on parties, sports, and academics, and while De claims to encourage intellect and diversity, I found it hard to speak up when I felt like I was the only one who cared. That said, the academics are quite good, minus several math/science teachers, and I have met some of my closest friends there. I did like the relatively liberal atmosphere, and the diversity is excellent on paper. The problem is, at De everyone is tolerated, but not everyone is accepted. I'd go here if you're looking for: a liberal Catholic school with good academics where the student body is racially and socioeconomically diverse but intellectually apathetic.

DeLaSalle is the best education one can get in Minnesota. De offers more then just academic challenges and success but diversity and community. They do an unparalleled job of graduating students, ready for the world not only in academics but in social wisdom. Your child will learn how to see and respect others for who they truly are, something I have yet to find else were. Any De graduate has the tools to make a difference in the world. It is worth taking a look at because I am positive you will not find any school like it in the state.

We have had a great experience at this school. I'm from Minnesota, but was stationed in Maryland (I'm in the Army) when we were making the decision as to where my daughter would go to school. The staff went out of their way to work with us in getting our application in and working with the kids school in Maryland. They were incredibally easy to work with and welcoming. I went to another school in the area when I was in high school, but chose DeLaSalle because of how great they were to work with. My daughter has had a great experience at DeLaSalle so far, great kids, loves her classes, and the staff is as welcoming as they were when we made the decision to have her go to DeLaSalle. Love it.

I've been to this school and it's okay, I mean great teachers and all but it seems that there is a bit of cliques going around and that's not cool. I mean there's diversity and all but each clique seems to hang out with mostly their race. Great school in terms of academics though.

Eh I really hate it here. Switching schools for sure. Why did I ever go here in the first place?

I love it here, De is very diverse, welcoming and heart warming. The teacher are amazing and the environment is amazing as well.

What a remarkable school! DeLaSalle draws kids from many backgrounds and all parts of the Twin Cities. There is a palpable sense of ownership among the students. Our three kids have received an outstanding education at DeLaSalle, and all three were offered admission to colleges rated as "most selective" on a national scale. Every graduate in my son's class had a college option last year. Teachers are authentic and accessible -- and they do a remarkable job of recognizing individual talents. As a Catholic school, our children grew in their intellectual and personal understanding of their faith. All three participated in a wide array of Christian Service programs that were right in line with our family's values. They also participated in a wide array of athletics, fine arts and student leadership programs -- as did their friends. Our two oldest are through graduate school now, and among their "De" friends there are a sizable number of accomplished, young professionals -- doctors, lawyers, researchers, engineers, teachers, and more. Most importantly, we've watched these kids grow to be terrific adult men and women. DeLaSalle delivers!

The administration is not at all responsive to parents concerns or needs. They hire staff and teachers based on abilities to coach on not to perform their primary jobs.

I've been at De for two years now, and although there are always downsides in a school, I have to say it's been a great experience. While many other schools brag about diversity, at De we actually live it. There are all different cultures and they actually *gasp* mix. I have friends from all over the Twin Cities from all different backgrounds. The majority of the teachers are helpful, intelligent, funny and friendly. Of course there are some that students would rather not have, but that's true for every school. My only complaint is the lack of extracurriculars other than sports. Overall, De is welcoming and the place for someone who isn't into cliques or obsessed with popularity.

Last modified DeLaSalle High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12