Minneapolis, MN

Posted October 12, 2014
I can't say enough to express how grateful we are for AHA. My Son is hearing impaired and was kept in special education at RHS even though it was not necessary, so we took him over to AHA where he is in advanced classes and excelling at a rare public school said he never would. He has friends here in all his classes and has become the wonderful young man we knew he always would. The community of parents and teachers are so wonderful I am so proud to be part of it! Our Son is a junior now, the time is going by so fast. I will never regret moving him here, and I thank the teachers and staff often for their care and dedication to their field.

Posted June 23, 2014
We just complete our first year at AHA. I can tell you we are true believers in the AHA way. Freshman year was a wonderful experience for our Daughter. She was in many adnvanced classes, we were concerened that the load mught be to great, the teachers stepped up and helped and she had a fantastic year acadmically. She partipated in both fall and winter sports. The fall sport was fantastic and a wonderful introdution into AHA. As the practices started before the classes, she was already friends with many before classes began. The winter sport had some coaching communication issues and was not what we had come to see as "up to standard" for AHA. The parents spoke with the school administration and action was taken. Next year will be better. The school places a strong emphisis on social work and helping otheres, our daghter partipated in many at efforts and learned the rewards of helping others. Administration is strong and involved, the princpal came to several sporting events to show support for the teams. Our daughter loves it at AHA, we are blessed that she can be there. We feel there is no place that can prep her for college and life as AHA can. Thank you AHA!

Academy Of Holy Angels 4

Posted December 11, 2013
When I read angry reviews I wonder if those people are ever happy. I have had 2 daughters graduate and have another who is a junior. My girls have 3 completely different personalities and all enjoyed their time at Holy Angels. All three made friends outside their "cliques" of their elementary school, you just have to get involved and meet some new people. Their is a large emphasis on extra curricular activities and actually over 90% of students are involved in something. I think that is a good thing. My first two were fervent about soccer but my third has done everything from ping pong to LaCrosse, to joining Math Club. Their is a great emphasis on academics as well. All of my girls scored very high on ACT's so they must be teaching something right. My two college age students were properly prepared for college and received excellent academic based scholarships. I do think laptops are heavy, there needs to be some improvement where you either leave the books or the laptop at home not haul both around. The lap tops need to be lighter as well. All 3 of my kids thanked me at random during there four years for sending them to AHA. I think that says a lot!!

Academy Of Holy Angels 1

Posted August 06, 2013
Holy Angels has been a disappointment. It is a slacker school. The academics are poor and admissions misplace people in the wrong classes.At an open house they were all happy like "welcome to holy angels", when during a school day it is really like a prison ran by the populars. The teachers can not control the students either. As for the students they are mostly city kids who act like they own the show. If you drink and do drugs this is a great school for you. You will make friends easily if you have horrible values. Project laptop is a scam and the student also throws their back out from carrying the computer in the backpack. Teachers also don't care and do not enjoy what they are doing. So many kids cheat in class and the sad part is that the teachers do not even stop it. Many kids come from feeder schools in Eagan and Savage. These clicks stay the same. They make up 75% of the student body. Sports are average. Theater is average. I just can't believe I wasted two of my precious years there before transferring. Also it is inner city and has an urban environment so you here sirens every week. People who think they are "all that" go to AHA. Please don't waste your money here.

Academy Of Holy Angels 2

Posted July 10, 2012
True, you get out what you put into it BUT as a parent you must understand there s still politics going on, private catholic school or not. There s St. John s, the feeder school sending a significant numbers to AHA, don t be na ve to believe there isn t favoritism/preference given to those students! i.e. coaches kids are captains of teams whether or not they re leaders or barely average players. For a school with all the religion/social moral type classes, why all the video cameras in the halls? Reason; calculators go missing, lockers broken into, car keys stolen, cars broken into and the dean of students has an deal with Richfield Police, (this is totally whack!) where if the stolen item is returned, the perp goes free, a get out of jail free card! Don t believe for a second that President J. Reilly wasn t aware of this. IMHO, it s best that she is gone!! Re: academics, DeLaSalle sends kids to the Ivies, Breck, Blake, SPA, Edina too but not AHA. Top colleges must not like this school! Outstanding Theatre program, love the band instructor, terrible terrible top Math classes and no science enrichment going on. Open enroll ur student at a public school or home school!

Academy Of Holy Angels 2

Posted April 20, 2012
Academy of Holy Angels has an absolutely beautiful building and is filled with rich history. However, there academics are not what I expected and I feel that all they care about is sports and money. The teachers do not have any control over their students whatsoever. In fact, yesterday in one of the classes the substitute that was hired allowed the students to flip their desks over and use them as imaginary boats while the rest of the students hollered and lounged around. The environment of the students is awful. Majority of them are conceited and unfriendly. The social life is just awful and I do not enjoy it here. The only things I comment on is the buliding itself, the history, and the arts department. I do mean to offend anyone, but this is my opinion. I do not reccomend this academy at all.

Posted August 31, 2011
Holy Angels is the BEST investment you will ever make for your child.Our son attended public school k-8,was a quiet well behaved middle to low student who struggled in certain academic areas.He has blossomed at AHA. The class sizes are low, the teachers are happy, the administrators are welcome to feedback and the entire school is nurturing. The first day of 9th grade my son got in the car and thanked me for sending him there.There are payment plans,financial assistance-do not think it is unaffordable. We never thought we would send him to private and now he is a senior-he also remarked his friends he left behind at public hs have told him they hate it and hope the year flies by. He said "how sad is that" Go Stars!

Academy Of Holy Angels 3

Posted May 12, 2011
I am a former student. I attended during the 90's. The academics when I attended were excellent, as I am sure they are now. If your child needs to be challenged, and you can afford their tuition, I recommend it highly. It's also a wonderful school for any child who is interested in theatrical arts. They teach everything from basic acting, to very advanced theatrical method method and design. Politics is where my rating goes down. My experience was if you came from a well off family or excelled at sports you were given preferential treatment. I still support the school, as a whole, to those students who will thrive within their system and benefit from the areas which they excel. If tuition will be a challenge, I suggest you make the best you can with public schools and reach out for advanced classed and outside extracurricular activities.

Posted August 26, 2010
Holy Angels not only has great academics, but are on the rise in sports, and have a great group of well rounded students.

Posted March 02, 2010

Academy Of Holy Angels
6600 Nicollet Avenue, Minneapolis, MN  55423
Last modified Academy Of Holy Angels is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Academy Of Holy Angels Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 28 reviews. Top