St. Charles Borromeo School

Private | PK-8 | 297 students

Living in Minneapolis

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $150,000. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $870.

Sweep tile

Posted August 19, 2010

I am not only a parent of several students that are currently at, or have graduated from St. Charles, but I am also an alum. The majority of the teachers have their Masters Degrees and have chosen St. Charles. They could be making so much more at a public school, but chose St.Charles for the love of the students and the kind of school St. Charles is. They are true to the faith and live it out everyday. My kids were much more advanced than their fellow students when they got to H.S. I couldn't recommend it more.

Posted July 31, 2010

My experience as a student here was deeply underwhelming. I had to unlearn most of the Spanish I learned there once I got to high school, because we were taught by people who, at best, spoke semi-passable French. My math teacher ignored me entirely, as he did most of the female students. That was fine with me at the time, since I thought I hated math, but doesn't sit well with me in retrospect (particularly now that I'm considering an MBA). I went on to a selective and challenging college prep high school, then to a selective and challenging liberal arts college, but that was more in spite of St. Charles than because of it. Gosh, though--I sure did learn a lot about the evils of secularism and feminism and liberals and gays and all! Totally helped get me to get to where I am today.

Posted September 6, 2009

It is a great school, with great teachers.

Posted January 14, 2009

Great education. Safe nurturing environment that brings out the best in students. Very dedicated staff and administration that adapts well to individual needs. Very good sports and extra-curricular programs. Very involved community with many opportunities for volunteer. Graduates from this school do well when they move on to high school and beyond. I strongly recommend this school.

Posted December 20, 2008

great school! good at sports but education is up there too :) they have a great system for kids who are bellow and above normal!
—Submitted by a student

Posted August 31, 2008

St. Charles is an excellent school. The teachers instruct, listen, and care about each child. It is a safe environment and well kept. St. charles has done well to keep up with the times in the sense of teaching our children computer, spanish, more science. They try and work hard to help children with special needs. I went to a catholic school as a child and we played in the parking lot and had to find fields to play sports. That should not be a part of our child's education. Thank God St. Charles puts their funding to education and not play time. I am proud to be a parent of St. Charles. One of my children graduated and is excelling in private high school, mostly due to the education she received from St. Charles. My other child is still at St. Charles and is doing well.

Posted May 27, 2008

A great school for the Pre-K to 8. I've had 3 children at this school...some with several years to go. The staff has brought out each of their unique skills and helped them individually when they stumble. Involved parents, faith based, great sports and arts programs, very committed staff mean your child gets a well rounded and character building academic experience.

Posted January 18, 2007

The parking lot not only is used for cars but is also used for the children's playground. Steps need to be taken to assure safety for the children from oncoming cars. The lot has gates but are always open. New teachers are not given adequate briefing about existing programs and curriculum therefore they make up their own and confuses the parents and students from what they are used to and what they usually expect from past programs and teachings.

Posted December 20, 2006

This is a great school. The staff cares about the students and works well with parents. Gary, the principal, is very active in the function of the school. Religion is very much the center of their education
—Submitted by a staff

Posted October 10, 2006

Excellent education. The teachers are very attentive to the students and provide structured yet caring environment. Small Class room size allows the teachers to really connect with each student. I was surprised to find that they offer the same variety of classes that public schools do. The majority of teachers there have a Masters Degree in Eduction.

Posted September 21, 2006

I have two children currently attending St. Charles, and one who recently graduated. I have been very pleased over the years with the school's fidelity to the Catholic Faith, amount of parental involvement, prompt and effective administrative action in response to concerns I have brought up, and high academic standards. One concern I had in the past was the quality of the middle school band and choir program, and the school appears to have made a significant improvement in those areas this year. One logistical downside of this school is that it does not have its own baseball/soccer field, and sometimes requires extra driving when your kids are involved in school sports. However, most/all of the families of St. Charles students are friendly and more than happy to help with driving. This really is a great school, and I am glad my husband and I chose to send our children here.

Posted June 19, 2006

My daughter attended this school. My daughter recieved an excellent education, and she was prepare well ahead of her counterparts for high school.The staff, and students were great. My daughter 7 years later, still has maintained those friendships. The lesson learned in the classroom, and playground are life lessons that have made her the fantastic college student she is today. Thank you!

Posted December 23, 2005

St.Charles is a good school it is really close and family like but there are low ends of this school that make it not great ... It doesnt offer to many classes that are for those in advanced or those that need special needs. The teachers are ok they dont really give a lot of attention. Overall my experiance was not that great.
—Submitted by a former student

Asian 4% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Two or more races 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Archdiocese of St. Paul-Minneapolis

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2727 Stinson Blvd