Posted August 03, 2015
Our four children have attend (or still attend) Annunciation. We have an 8th grader, a high school sophomore, and two in college (they both attend a top 20 university). Each of our children were challenged academically at Annunciation regardless of their "level". The teachers are outstanding. Our high schoolers were well prepared for high school and they tested into all honors courses offered freshman year. Each year, Annunciation graduates are among the top 10 graduates of many area high schools. Not only are the teachers great instructors, but they truly care about the students as persons. In addition to providing excellent academics, Annunciation also prepares students to be leaders at high school and in their communities, and our graduates are articulate and can confidently speak in front of large groups thanks in large part to our Creative Arts program. The high schools our graduates attend (Catholic, private and public) consistently remark that Annunciation students "participate" at higher percentages than kids from other schools, both in the classroom and in extracurricular activities. They are not afraid to speak up in class. Each year, Annunciation graduates are leaders in student government (President, Vice President), Captains of sport teams, debate teams and robotics teams, leads in plays and musicals, and recipients of service awards. Annunciation has been a true gift to our children and our family.

Posted May 11, 2015
Both of my boys have gone to Annunciation since Kindergarten and now my oldest is in high school and my youngest is finishing 7th grade. Annunciation has been a fantastic place for my boys academically and socially. They have learned how to be leaders and how to donate their time and services to people in need. They have been part of a caring and dynamic community and have made lifelong friends. They have been well prepared for high school and life. I highly recommend Annunciation to teach the "whole" child. It was one of the best decisions my husband and I have made.

Posted April 10, 2015
We have 1 child at Annunciation and are thrilled to be apart of such a vibrant school. Not being a native Minnesotan the Annunciation community is very welcoming and filled with families from near and far. Annunciation is a very well rounded school not only for the student but the entire family. The students genuinely care about one another, are respectful to their peers and adults and are taught life skills to prepare them for success in high school and beyond. Annunciation creates leaders, scholars and unique individuals. The families at Annunciation are very welcoming and involved in the classroom and school. We all want the best for our child(ren) and all students. It is an excellent institution that has a long tradition of being an educational pillar in the SW Minneapolis community.

Posted March 19, 2015
We looked at several public and private schools before choosing Annunciation. My husband isn t Catholic and as a kid attended our neighborhood public schools, so at first he was a bit hesitant of our choice. Five years later, we both couldn t be happier in our decision. We currently have two daughters in grade school, and one in preschool. Our kids have thrived with the individual attention they have received from their teachers. We have met so many wonderful families, and feel blessed to be part of such an incredible community.

Posted March 17, 2015
Annunciation School is a great grade school located in Southwest Minneapolis. Our students are prepared to succesfully enter high school and then go on to college. We have had two students score a perfect 36 on their ACT. Annunciation focuses on the whole child and teaches many lifelong skills. Our students go on to be leaders in every aspect of their lives. If you are looking for your child to get a great quality education Annunciation School is the place to go.

Posted March 16, 2015
We have two kids at Annunciation and could not be happier with the school. Our children are thriving , both from an academic aspect as well as socially & spiritually. They love the school and the community and are proud to go to Annunciation. The students want to see each other succeed and be the best they can be -- and it shows from the encouragement the kids receive from their teachers in school or their peers at sporting or other extracurricular events. The families at the school are welcoming and inclusive -- and we have made wonderful friends. It has been and continues to be a wonderful choice for us and for our kids. Between the buddy system, (pairing the older kids with the younger kids), the creative arts program, sports, academics and the teachers who truly care about the students and want to see them succeed, Annunciation has been a gift for us.

Posted February 26, 2015
We have been parents at the school for 10 years, 1 child graduated from Annunciation last year and two are still attending. I cannot say enough about Annunciation and how prepared our child was for high school. Our eldest daughter is attending a very rigorous Catholic high school and was so well prepared that she is breezing through her first year with a 3.8 GPA. We have different learners and Annunciation was able to help and challenge all 3. The education your child receives it the best in the city. Our community of families make Annunciation feel like a large family where everyone helps, pitching in to take care of each other and our kids. We also have a great time with Whiffleball tournaments, September Fest, Trivia Night, Dancing with the Stars and a yearly Auction. The best part about Annunciation is that when your child graduates you will have a strong, confident, social justice minded leader who will go forward in the world to do great things.

Posted February 21, 2015
We are in our second year at Annunciation and know that we absolutely made the right choice in choosing Annunciation. I could talk about the great teachers, the involved parents, the small class sizes, the fantastic buddy programs that pair older kids with younger kids, the ways they try to ensure that kids are kept engaged and appropriately challenged in their learning, the dedicated and forward-thinking principal, and much more. But, what I love most of all is that my child is happy, he is thriving academically, he looks forward to school, he loves his teacher, and he is becoming a part of a community of people he cares about and that care about him.

Posted January 29, 2015
My oldest daughter is hearing impaired and our public school was not giving her the attention she needed to succeed. Her class was over-crowded and her teacher didn't have time to help her improve. We moved her to Annunciation and found that she improved dramatically! She improved in all her core classes as well as gained confidence. Our youngest is always full of ideas and excited to create and write and build! I am so thankful for our school and the leadership skills they have instilled in my kids.

Posted January 04, 2015
Choosing a private school wasn't an easy choice since my husband and I are public school teachers. Sending our kids to Annunciation was the best choice we've made as parents. The small class sizes, rigorous curriculum, quality teaching, strong community, music, and athletics are a perfect fit for our family. This is an investment in my children and has been well worth it. I can't imagine us anywhere else!

Annunciation School