No rating

Second Foundation School

Private | K-4, 6-7, 9-12 | 50 students

Living in Minneapolis

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $226,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $890.

Posted April 13, 2010

Child-centered learning and learning *how to learn. Fantastic caring teachers and a place where respect and dignity are lived every day.

Posted January 12, 2010

In our short time at Second Foundation School, my children and I have seen a change in ourselves. I am more apt to give my children freedom at home to do as they please, thus creating a huge sense of independence within their selves. My oldest child has been showing much more compassion and fighting less with her younger sibs. She's jumping at the chance to comfort them and help them do things that I would normally help them do. This is huge in our world and I have Second Foundation School to thank.

Posted February 6, 2009

Second Foundation saved my life. I'm so glad there is a true alternative available. After my experience as a student for three years, my daughter attended from the age 4-13. SFS is a wonderful group of free spirits.

Posted November 2, 2007

I went to SFS for 6 years and loved every second of it. It's a unique school where students can grow and learn at their own pace and study the subjects they are specifically interested. My experience at SFS was more valuable, practical and useful than anything out of a textbook.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 4% 6%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Nonsectarian
Associations
  • NCACS

Transportation options
  • School shares bus/van with other schools
  • Some districts reimburse
  • Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

1219 University Avenue Southeast