Posted March 19, 2014
Minnehaha is a great school, community, and place of worship! I would recommend Minnehaha to all prospective families. Start your kids here as young as possible!

Posted September 13, 2013
Minnehaha Academy is a phenomenal school on all levels. They are excellent in academics, arts, and athletics. Most of my lifelong friends are not from college, but from my time at Minnehaha. I'd highly recommend Minnehaha to anyone!

Posted September 13, 2013
Minnehaha is an awesome school! The academics and teachers are great. The sports and coaches are great! The arts program and facilities are super. I'd recommend this inviting Christian school to anyone! Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

Posted April 05, 2013
Minnehaha Academy has been an amazing place for our kids to grow and excel. The high school is small enough for the kids to know just about everyone, yet big enough to offer everything from football to a debate team. What is unique is the desire of these students to do well in everything - positive pressure to have great grades and perform well in whatever activity they choose. And with a smaller school, kids aren't forced to choose between band and theater and hockey. They can do it all. My kids have made terrific, solid friends and have close relationship with their teachers as well. The senior capstone class is amazing for these young adults to express, explore and solidify their faith. And the cultural field experience allows the entire high school to spend a week in a new cultural environment, learning about and serving others. We are very satisfied with not only the education our children are receiving, but all the 'extras' that are helping them become adults who want to do their best and serve others.

Minnehaha Academy Upper School 4

Posted October 15, 2011
I currently go to Minnehaha Academy. I highly recommend Minnehaha Academy. Teacher - Student relations are better than any that I know of. The teachers will bend over backwards to help you out in any area. Students are generally accepting and if you put yourself out there at least a little bit, you'll find someone to hang out with. The music and art departments are absolutely amazing, and I hardly hear complaints about bad coaching in sports. There are a few downsides to this school, which are just that the school is very Christian focused and that there is a lack of diversity. The religious side could bring a student to the point of feeling uncomfortable in class judging by how much we pray or bring religion into our day to day lives, but in no way is the religion forced upon their students. The teachers and/or classes are just very set in their beliefs and don't leave much room for personal opinion. Overall, this is a very good school to send a kid to. Financial aid is very generous and helps a lot. The Christian values of the school bring a very welcoming aspect to the school, wich is very valuable in a teen's life.

Minnehaha Academy Upper School 3

Posted March 10, 2011
As you have read, the academics at Minnehaha Academy are superb and the school's excellent at prep for college study. As a former student I particularly enjoyed some great classes (I encourage everyone to take Latin; great teacher and it was really one of the best experiences I had). I also enjoyed some wonderful activities, in particular the Friends of the Library and the music department. However, despite academic and extracurriculars, the school's trouble lies with the religion and diversity. I had more liberal and less traditional Christian views, and in certain aspects I felt really alienated in school. Classes sometimes focus far too much on religion even if they aren't religious classes and the religious classes were pretty set in their views. Minnehaha is difficult for me because I love some aspects and hate others. My time at Minnehaha was overall positive, but sometimes the feeling of alienation as I was trying to discover myself became too much.

Posted December 02, 2010
As my son finishes graduate school this year, I recall with fondness the decision we negotiated together to have him leave, after ninth grade, one of the finer publis schools in the western suburbs to attend what was then a fairly run-down high school on West River Road. In the intervening time, the campus has improved with two major capital campaigns and my son, almost singularly among his friends from before MA, has found success at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, largely due to the fine start he got in languages, the arts, athletics, and positive mentoring at MA. I probably recommend it stronger than he; I am a little envious I never had the opportunity to attend a school like Minnehaha Academy.

Posted July 21, 2010
As a parent I can attest to the high academic standards, excellence in teaching and opportunities for creative expression experienced at Minnehaha. The projects the students complete from an early age are impressive, and provide meaningful learning and sharing experiences. Students from Minnehaha Academy excel in the classroom, on the athletic fields, and in the arts. Gifted students are accepted by a number of Ivy League colleges each year, and find they are well prepared for highly competitive academic environments.

Posted May 01, 2010

Posted December 16, 2009

Minnehaha Academy Upper School
3100 West River Parkway, Minneapolis, MN  55406
Last modified Minnehaha Academy Upper School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Minnehaha Academy Upper School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top