PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Minnehaha Academy was a great school for me, academically and athletically. I took a few AP classes, which varied in difficulty. I think that, while all of the teachers at MA seemed to be passionate about the school and their teaching, sometimes their methods were a bit unorthodox. While I acknowledge that it is a Christian school, I don't feel that it is important to point out "God's work" in every class session. Mrs. Myers (English) is absolutely wonderful.

I have been at Minnehaha Academy for 10 years (since 1st grade) and absolutely love it here. The academic rigor, Christian values and caring environment are emphasized at Minnehaha. Some of my favorite aspects of the school are the teachers, the challenging classes, CFE (cultural field experience) and the athletic program.

Amount of homework: Agree

AP and Honors classes give more homework than regular classes, but I think that you can still find time to participate in extracurriculars and have a social life no matter your course-load. Teachers at Minnehaha understand that many students take multiple APs/Honors, so they do the best to give the right amount of homework.

Minnehaha Academy is a fantastic grades PreK-12 school, combining excellence in high level college prep education with strong Christian values. My kids have absolutely thrived in this positive and friendly community. From the top-notch teachers to the awarded fine arts, cultural field experience program, athletics, and many other extra-curricular offerings, Minnehaha has something for every student to be involved and they can do it all. The facilities are beautiful along the Mississippi River in a nice Minneapolis neighborhood, and the upper school will soon be adding a new STEM facility to the campus. The school offers a lot of financial aid and scholarships, which is helpful for families of all income levels. We highly recommend Minnehaha Academy for anyone looking for a fantastic education that caters to the whole person. We are so happy with this school and love to share our experience in hopes that other students may also benefit from MA like our kids have.

Minnehaha is a great school, community, and place of worship! I would recommend Minnehaha to all prospective families. Start your kids here as young as possible!

Minnehaha Academy is a phenomenal school on all levels. They are excellent in academics, arts, and athletics. Most of my lifelong friends are not from college, but from my time at Minnehaha. I'd highly recommend Minnehaha to anyone!

Minnehaha is an awesome school! The academics and teachers are great. The sports and coaches are great! The arts program and facilities are super. I'd recommend this inviting Christian school to anyone! Awesome. Awesome. Awesome.

Minnehaha Academy has been an amazing place for our kids to grow and excel. The high school is small enough for the kids to know just about everyone, yet big enough to offer everything from football to a debate team. What is unique is the desire of these students to do well in everything - positive pressure to have great grades and perform well in whatever activity they choose. And with a smaller school, kids aren't forced to choose between band and theater and hockey. They can do it all. My kids have made terrific, solid friends and have close relationship with their teachers as well. The senior capstone class is amazing for these young adults to express, explore and solidify their faith. And the cultural field experience allows the entire high school to spend a week in a new cultural environment, learning about and serving others. We are very satisfied with not only the education our children are receiving, but all the 'extras' that are helping them become adults who want to do their best and serve others.

I currently go to Minnehaha Academy. I highly recommend Minnehaha Academy. Teacher - Student relations are better than any that I know of. The teachers will bend over backwards to help you out in any area. Students are generally accepting and if you put yourself out there at least a little bit, you'll find someone to hang out with. The music and art departments are absolutely amazing, and I hardly hear complaints about bad coaching in sports. There are a few downsides to this school, which are just that the school is very Christian focused and that there is a lack of diversity. The religious side could bring a student to the point of feeling uncomfortable in class judging by how much we pray or bring religion into our day to day lives, but in no way is the religion forced upon their students. The teachers and/or classes are just very set in their beliefs and don't leave much room for personal opinion. Overall, this is a very good school to send a kid to. Financial aid is very generous and helps a lot. The Christian values of the school bring a very welcoming aspect to the school, wich is very valuable in a teen's life.

As you have read, the academics at Minnehaha Academy are superb and the school's excellent at prep for college study. As a former student I particularly enjoyed some great classes (I encourage everyone to take Latin; great teacher and it was really one of the best experiences I had). I also enjoyed some wonderful activities, in particular the Friends of the Library and the music department. However, despite academic and extracurriculars, the school's trouble lies with the religion and diversity. I had more liberal and less traditional Christian views, and in certain aspects I felt really alienated in school. Classes sometimes focus far too much on religion even if they aren't religious classes and the religious classes were pretty set in their views. Minnehaha is difficult for me because I love some aspects and hate others. My time at Minnehaha was overall positive, but sometimes the feeling of alienation as I was trying to discover myself became too much.

Last modified Minnehaha Academy Upper School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12