Minneapolis, MN

Breck School 4

Posted November 13, 2014
I have seen their academic work flow in their Elementary, Middle, and High schools. They have a few teachers and students whom are rather rude, but they do manage to bring out children's talents and skills. They have many nice facilities, and few students are really two-faced (I have met a few and talked to some of the students about it). It really is a nice school to send your child to as I have visited it and my grandkids love it. One is a Harvard Graduate and the other is a middle school child.

Posted December 14, 2013
I am currently a sophomore at Breck and have been attending the school since kindergarten. I absolutely love Breck and it's become like a second home to me. All of the students are very nice and the teachers are fabulous. The academics are rigorous, but fantastic, so with enough variety of courses to suit the various student needs. Our arts are amazing, and our sports teams do very well for a smaller school. The campus (P-12 on the same campus) is beautiful, especially the new Upper School. Breck has a real since of community, whether you've been at Breck since preschool or came in 10th grade.

Posted May 16, 2013
I'm a Freshman at Breck, and I honestly LOVE it here! The bad reviews are kind of surprising to me, because a lot of them aren't true. For one, saying that lower and middle schoolers don't learn anything? That's a lie, I've been going to Breck since 2nd grade, and I've learned WAY more than I would at any other school. The people here are great - everyone is super nice and Breck is like a big family. It's one of those schools where you find yourself walking to class with a different person every day. My teachers are great...although the Science department could use some work...but as far as English and History go, I've had some of the best teachers! I'm seriously looking forward to spending the rest of my high school career here - I can't see myself anywhere else.

Breck School 1

Posted May 13, 2013
After digging deeper and asking a lot of questions it be came very clear that Breck has a terrible lower and middle school curriculum. I would NOT consider sending my child to Breck for lower or middle school. Their lower school and middle school students have a lot of fun, but learn very little! Be sure to ask them to share their test scores if you choose to consider sending your child to Breck for lower or middle school.

Posted April 21, 2013
I have gone to Breck since preschool and truly love it here. The social stuff can be a bit hard and the curriculum is challenging, but for a student who adjusts well to change it is a great fit. The teachers are caring and really support each individual student. On top of that, the leadership and class opportunities are incredible. I would definitely recommend this school.

Breck School 1

Posted September 15, 2012
This is not a school you would want to go to above the age of ten. After lower school, there is no point in going to Breck anymore. Four years ago, Breck lost a wonderful headmaster, and has completely redone the administrative system for the worse. Please, if you are debating whether to go to Breck, Blake, or any other independent school, pick another choice. Breck is not worth what your student will go through.

Breck School 3

Posted June 07, 2012
This school is good in the education aspect, because they let you miss one class you don't like. For example, I do not like history, so I can take three years of history instead of four, or someone could miss a year of a language. The people are nice, unless you are on their bad side and can attack you verbally, or behind your back.

Posted March 04, 2012
We have had our child here for several years. While the cost is something to look twice at, we wouldn't have done it any other way. There's something to be said about how much these children are learning at such a young age...so many different lang. being taught at the P-K level, how many events there are to get family involved, sports, a beautiful, safe place for the children to learn... We're excited for the years to come for all our children..

Posted November 19, 2011
Breck's an amazing school. The teachers are excellent, the curriculum is challenging, and the people are amazing. You don't need to go there since preschool to find a place to fit, and so what if there are rich, snobby, overachievers? There are probably some at every school, and since when is it bad to cry over a B? Most kids have high aspirations (Ivy League), and though it's a highly competitive enviorment, your friends will stick with you. The small class size is perfect for some people, but if this isn't for you, I wouldn't suggest Breck. Overall, my experience has been, and will be, amazing. I would highly recommend this school.

Posted October 26, 2011
Breck School is a phenomenal school. Their whole child approach differentiates them from the rest of the private schools in the area. It is a magical place. Teachers, faculty and staff are amazing as well as the parents and children who attend.

Breck School