Pope John Paul II Catholic School 2

Posted October 04, 2013
Be careful. PJPII is semi-diverse (approx half white/half Hispanic), but it is one of the most closed-minded Catholic schools I've ever encountered - not diverse at all. If you want die-hard, extreme, no-exceptions Catholicism, PJPII is the place for you! If you want true diversity of culture, mind, and spirit - seek elsewhere.

Pope John Paul II Catholic School 4

Posted March 20, 2012
We have been asking for a class curriculum so I can guide my daughter what to study. We were given a kindergarden curriculum, when they knew my daughter is in 1st grade. Now in our 2nd year we are still asking for the 2nd grade curriculum. No response from email sent to Ms King. I do not understand how difficult this could be. I hope they would just have the link of each grade's curriculum from their website. This is what most school do anyway. Other than this glitch, I think the school is great.

Posted September 24, 2009
I was a student at this school for 8 years. I love this School more then anything! I learned so much and the attention through the teachers and staff was great. I could have gone to a public school and gotten a bad education...but I went to PJP2 and got an AMAZING education and I learned about my faith. The school may be small,but it gets you the one on one help you need. The teachers all know you by name and they are friendly and nice. I really miss that school. -Tori S.

Posted March 06, 2009
This school is amazing. And diverse! The amount of time and dedication the teachers and staff put into every single school day - and after school - is astonishing. The student to teacher ratio is small (something like 12:1?), providing ample opportunities for individualized instruction. Plus, extra study assistance is offered almost every singe day by the staff - both before and after school hours. Students progress at their own challenging rate - from 'special needs' (often language related) to those who excel beyond their typical grade level (two students are studying Geometry this year - sophomore-level math!). In science, middle schoolers are dissecting worms, crickets, and frogs. Spanish is a required course. Music is taught by a graduate of Julliard. Although a small school, athletic teams are well fielded. What else? I can't say enough about this school. Given as a whole, this school radiates community and pride.

Posted June 21, 2006
I enjoy everything about this school. My children get the help they need with everything. There are resources available to give them work from the next grades as they have progressed faster than some. There is now Spanish taught in all grades including kingergarten. Also new is a school choir that has performed at various functions this past year. ALL ARE WELCOME.

Posted August 17, 2005
My daughter received a great learning experience at Pope John Paul II. The teachers worked great with her,understanding her needs.The school has a welcome feeling the moment you step in the doors.I will be sending her back to PJP II for the upcoming 2005-2006 school year, and years to follow!

Posted July 28, 2005
Pope John Paul II Catholic School feels like a small town school in the middle of NE Minneapolis. They have wonderful teachers and students get the one on one attention they need.

Pope John Paul II Catholic School 4

Posted July 12, 2004
- a former student

Pope John Paul II Catholic School
1630 4th Street Northeast, Minneapolis, MN  55413
Last modified Pope John Paul II Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Pope John Paul II Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.