Posted August 29, 2014
Ramalynn is a great school! Our children have attended school there for over 8 years and the Teachers truly care about each child and their ability to learn. Exceptional learning catered to each child's ability at all levels Pre-K through 8th grade is observed daily. A great place to grow, and learn - Ramalynn!!!

Posted August 22, 2014
Our son is now in his 7th year at Ramalynn, and we couldn't be more thrilled with the school. He has excelled in academics, sports, and fine arts. We would whole-heartedly recommend this school to everyone from preschool through middle school!

Posted August 22, 2014
I have had two sons in the school for the last four years. Both have not only done really well in academics and are several years ahead, based on the standardized state tests, but more importantly, they are well-rounded, caring INDIVIDUALS. I attribute that to the fact that the Ramalynn staff tries to understand the abilities, needs and personality of the individual child, give him/her responsibilities early on and encourage him/her to speak up when things do not seem to go right. In what other school will you find a first-grader telling a fifth-grader that his behavior was not okay and see the fifth-grader actually reflecting on it and apologizing? The formalized communication can be improved, but I have seen big steps in the right direction in the last year. More important to me is the direct line I have with all the teachers and support staff. If I need to have a conversation about an issue, I usually can set it up within a day. Lastly, one truly amazing thing is the sense of community among the students as well as the parents. Ramalynn families experienced some tragedies in the past and recently and the reaction of the community truly makes me proud to be part of it.

Ramalynn Montessori Academy 1

Posted August 03, 2014
We did not have a good experience at this school. Poor communication between teachers, administration and parents, preferential treatment for family friends and long time students, and too much focus on athletics. Academics are not as strong as claimed by the school owners and cheating and bullying behavior is not dealt with appropriately.

Posted October 19, 2013
My child attends the Apple Valley Ramalynn location. The teachers are excellent and deeply understand each child--their personalities, strengths, areas for improvement--even down their good/bad times of the day. The Director also provides monthly parent education seminars where we receive great advice on how to increase our child's independence and continue to encourage their learning. The children are happy, polite and respectful--to both adults and each other. There are quite a few all school gatherings which gives the school a strong sense of community. The teachers are kind and sincerely care about the well being of our children. Overall, this is a happy and peaceful school with the appropriate level of academic challenge for each specific child. I am so grateful we found this school and highly recommend it to anyone looking into giving the gift of a Montessori education.

Posted September 24, 2013
This was my former school and I absolutely loved every minute of my six years there. I was not being challenged enough in public schools and Ramalynn Academy was the place that I transferred to. This school was where I grew up and it felt like they were my extended family. I cannot say enough about Ramalynn and I feel that it is a great fit for any child! The teachers are wonderful and always went above and beyond to help me and my fellow students succeed.

Posted August 19, 2013
Great school family/community feel. If you are looking for STRONG academics in a nurturing and respectful environment this is the place for your family! Ramalynn offers wonderful after care curriculum/ activities. As a parent , I love having open communication with the teachers and staff . Both of my children have greatly benefited from the education and warm environment at Ramalynn My recent graduate looks forward to visiting .

Posted May 16, 2013
Ramalynn is fantastic. We enrolled our daughter there in pre-school when her daycare facilities experienced problems intending to send her to public schools later. But they had her reading within weeks and now in kindergarden she's reading at a 2nd or 3rd grade level and doing lots of math. We're keeping her enrolled past kindergraden because of her excellent development. I think the white/minority balance is closer to 50/50 then reported below. The facilities aren't incredible, but the teacher to student ratio of 8:1 is more important. They have about 4, maybe 5, former students in the NFL or NHL. Both academic and sport programs are outstanding. The kids are mature beyond their years and very respectful. They're not exposed to peer pressure like bigger public schools. Communication with the school could be improved and there are some negatives. But the positives far outway the negatives and most importantly our daughter is blossoming academically and as a person that's what counts.

Ramalynn Montessori Academy 3

Posted May 06, 2013
Good basic reading and writing instructions, just like any other montessori school in the Twin Cities. They have good diversity, about 85% of students are from South Asia and speak another language at home. Facilities are subpar, about 7 dusty rooms on the back of the industrial building. They manage the best they can but winters are tough with one medium-size room multitasking as a gym, music room, assembly room and indoor recess room on cold or rainy days. Not enough bathrooms and they are filthy by mid-day. Other montessories provide hot lunch option, but not here. Kids bring their own food and cold lunch is encouraged because of only one microwave. Monthly fee is expensive compared to other schools, given outdated facilities and constant extra fees. Every other Friday is a mandatory pizza party and healthy eating is difficult to maintain. Communication is not consistant, there is no school directory or email lists.

Posted March 20, 2012
Every parent knows their child has the potential to achieve great success and Ramalynn has been the Catalyst for equipping hundreds of students with the necessary tools to be successful. Ramalynn have some of the finest teachers I have ever seen, many of them long tenured, The student to teacher ratio great, allowing teachers to have close relationships with each student. This close relationship allows teachers to customize a curriculum for each student and group students with students of similar needs. This simple but effective method maximizes each student s ability to learn and retain knowledge. Ramalynn s students excel in their studies and development because teachers and parents recognize schooling does not stop at school but continues at home. Parents are encouraged to participate in a verity of school activities allowing parents stay involved with their children s progress. I am very pleased with Ramalynn; I truly believe my child has been instilled with the building blocks to have great success in all aspects of life. If parents have the means of sending their child to this school it would greatly increase their potential to become a well accomplished member of society.

Ramalynn Montessori Academy
5917 West 101st Street, Minneapolis, MN  55438
Last modified Ramalynn Montessori Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Ramalynn Montessori Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top