PK-12|Private
1,380 students

Bad
Good

The teachers are amazing and the quality of the students unsurpassed. There is a reason this is one of the best schools in the country! You will not find a better education in Minnesota, and nationwide. Diversity, inclusion is important here. (All types- not just racial, but economic, etc). The community does a lot, no bullying, drama, etc. that you find at other schools. Best of luck, it is an absolute gem!

I am now a senior, and I have been at Blake after moving in out of state 3 years ago for my freshman year. I was expecting a hard working, top-of-the-line academic school, but was disappointed with what I found. The education is comparable to a public school out east, but that wasn't my biggest problem. Many groups here are very cliquey and unaccepting. It it hard to make friends if come new. Also many girls are backstabbers, and the guys are rude. It's hard socially.

We switched our daughter to Blake this year as a first grader. It has been an amazing experience. She has grown and changed for the better, and loves school. It is a very parent involved school, which is amazing, but also can be hard to juggle so many events and opportunities with 2 working parents in the home. The staff has an interest in each child as I have never experienced. When she was home sick for a week, she even got a phone call from her teacher and classmates to say hi and check on her. It is truly a place that nurtures the child as well as the mind, and I cannot imagine a better place for her. I wish I had the opportunity to attend Blake as a child. I could go on and on...

Since my previous 1 star review was removed, I would like to place a new review. For my family, Blake school was really disappointing. I strongly think a public school is way ahead of Blake in so many aspects.. Spend your hard working money on your kids college tuition and find a good public school for your children.

My daughter recently graduated from the Blake School, she had a wonderful engaging experience, that prepared her both academically and socially to succeed. We love the school and wholeheartedly would repeat the experience all over again. It was the right place for her and a place that would always be in her heart. lifelong friends, personal and intellectual growth and a place to call home.

My daughter entered the Blake School as a freshman. Coming from a top rated Mpls. Public School, she was overjoyed with the academic inspiration, the appreciation of her fellow students in the curriculum their teachers provide each day and being in an environment where learning was the purpose of the day, not a side act to the main attraction of socializing. Each day provides for deep discussions, interesting work and invested teachers and staff. This was a perfect match for my hard working, socially graceful and ethically sound daughter. She is appreciative of each day she has at this amazing school. Highly recommend!

I am a recent graduate of the Blake School, and attended from 8th grade through graduation. I could not be happier with my experience for those five years. The classes are small (no more than 20 students at the very most), teachers are interested, kind, and engaged, and the community is supportive and strong. The college counseling program in the Upper School is arguably the strongest in the state, operating by the motto "college is a match, not a prize." The extracurricular opportunities are endless, and the athletics are top-notch. If a student is looking for a rigorous and challenging environment (Blake is not easy!) in preparation for the work at a top university, this school is an excellent match. The alumni network is also very strong, as I keep in touch with classmates, and have since met more graduates since settling out east.

I love it. Everything is perfect as well as challenging in every aspect that a high school could be

Attending Blake is a wonderful opportunity for any student who is looking to attend a prestigious college or university after high school. It is widely recognized as one of the best private schools in the nation. Teachers are wonderfully responsive and generally give meaningful assignments (not just busy work.) Sports at Blake are amazing. Our Lacrosse, Soccer and Hockey teams are perennial powerhouses. With that said, I believe that Blake still has much to work on. Recently, many of Blake's longtime (and best) teachers have retired or found other jobs. I must say that the administration did a terrible job finding people to replace them. I truly think they chose these replacement teachers arbitrarily. I don't think that their qualifications were even considered in the hiring process. Also, Blake can be a very suffocating community. It is very small!!!

The Blake school is an amazing school with great teachers and a supportive learning enviornment.

Last modified The Blake School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12