Bad
Good

This is my daughter's first year at this school. She had lots of problems in bigger schools and far she has been having much success at New Visions. The staff facilitate a sense of community which I love. I have had a couple of complaints but when I brought them up, they were addressed immediately. As with any school, your chiild's experience is greatly influenced by your involvement. Each parent must also realize that all schools are not a good fit all children, so do your homework to ensure the best fit possible for your child.

I'm surprised at the mediocre rating. My son goes here, and his progress has been phenomenal. We had him in a Montessori program prior to New Visions, and Montessori was not a good fit (he has a fine motor delay, and much of Children's House work requires fine motor skills.) We have loved both his kindergarten and first grade teachers, both of whom we found to be motivated (and motivating!). Many/most of the kids at this level aren't in the school because of developmental issues, but because it's become the community school - his class is perhaps 40% Somali (so now he has smatterings of Somali, French and Spanish.)

My son was very unhappy in two different public schools. The staff of New Visions takes each child's needs into account. My son feels safe, like he really belongs, and I have seen many episodes of teachers intervening with kids to ensure appropriate behavior. The teachers go out of their way to create a community and create 'school spirit' and a sense of fun and creativity.

This school has been so much better for my son than the Minneapolis Public School system that I wish he had been in it since kindergarten. He recently had some bad side effects from a medication and they have helped us immensely.

Last modified New Visions Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.