Public charter
Minneapolis, MN

Watershed High School 1

Posted August 17, 2014
As a parent, my son went to this school to get away from the inner city "huge schools", but found that even at a smaller school, the teachers were not tolerant of a shy kid. The admin was dishonest. Disappointing.

Posted August 06, 2014
I went here for 2013 to 2014. I think this school is good school it's just that for me the education system is little different. I went to this school in the first place so I wouldn't get bullied. I didn't which I'm happy about. Overall I think this school is awesome.

Posted February 05, 2009
My son is a Senior at Watershed. The high energy and engagement level of the teachers is amazing, they truly care about the students. The classes are challenging with many learning opportunities being hands-on to help develop applied knowledge skills. Parents are always welcome to visit the school and may contact teachers via email or in person to get regular updates on their child's progress as well as attend the various events that are sponsored throughout the year. Parents are encouraged to join community groups, and that is a great way to meet other parents who are involved and concerned with their children. We ve seen our son grow in confidence and skill and he comments regularly about the broad learning opportunities available at Watershed. The atmosphere is one of learning, respect, and encouraging each student to find their strengths to prepare for the challenges they will face after graduation.

Posted February 04, 2009
Watershed has been a important for three of my children. Each child has arrived at this school with different needs, and each child has received generous and gracious guidance and assistance to find their own way through what are not always easy years. Academic confidence, validation of identity and the opportunity to explore interests of their own are some of what Watershed has offered my children. I am excited about what this school has become in its first thirteen years, and even more excited by its future potential.

Posted August 14, 2008
I have had two sons attend and graduate from Watershed, in 2005 and 2008. They both thrived in the academic environment, which brings creative and interdisciplinary thinking, including art, into the the block sheduled 'main lessons'. These blocks are about a month long and involve an in depth inquiry into a particular topic, which may be a geographic area, a particular literature, a historical period or the like. The notion is to engage in a mulitfacted review that can involve historical, scientific, cultural, philosophical, and artistic context. Our experience has been that this has been very instructive and very good preparation for higher learning. Both boys have gone onto college, and have received large merit based scholarships from good schools. In addition, the small size and supportive community atmosphere of the school proved to be a wonderful envirironment for their social and personal development.

Posted August 09, 2008
After a long and winding search that has involved public, private and out of state boarding schools, we were so happy to find Watershed for my son. He instantly felt welcomed and we have been very happy with the quality of the teachers and how safe and kind the school is. He is, for the first time in many years, looking forward to going back to school . The school is very small, so you do have fewer academic options that you find in a big high school - but that is more than made up for with the incredible welcoming community, where everyone knows everyone. They do wonderful extracurricular activities that don't fit into the mold - like a senior trip that the kids plan and fund-raise for the entire year. If you have any concerns about whether your kid will get lost in a big HS, check it out!

Watershed High School 0

Posted January 29, 2008
Even with so many choices in the Twin Cities, my daughter easily chose Watershed. She has been challenged academically and artistically. Socially, she loves the mix of students who go to WHS. It's diverse and respectful.

Posted October 28, 2007
Two of my children attended Watershed. My son graduated from the school and very much loved his time there. The teachers were and are outstanding people who demonstrate real caring for my children. The school and those teachers really did instill a love of learning. The environment was nurturing in the best possible way. My kids did things I never thought they'd do. They took chances. They felt that it was a safe place to do that. They actually wanted to go to school in the morning. That said, the school is facing some serious challenges. The face of the student body is changing and as more and more students arrive with attitude and drug problems, it is harder for other students to maintain the same positive environment. Parental involvement is extremely important in this school and parents are welcomed and encouraged in every way.

Posted September 14, 2007

Watershed High School 2

Posted October 20, 2005

Watershed High School
4544 4th Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN  55419
Last modified Watershed High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Watershed High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top