Public charter
Minneapolis, MN

Posted March 28, 2014
My son started at Seed then Harvest and now he is graduating from The Tuskegee University with a Chemical Engineer Degree and has gotten a full scholarship for their Graduate School. Couldn't have done it without Seed's strong foundation. Donald Johnson Sr.

Posted March 25, 2014
I took my kids out from their previous school because I wanted to offer them something than the routine and Harvest Prep has provided that. they have good structure and my kids have become better scholars. They think more about their future and coming home with a lot of homework which does not afford them time to watch television. Keep up the good work!

Harvest Prep School-Seed Academy 1

Posted January 31, 2014
this school has left behind its' staff and students in favor of appearances. The turnover in staff is outrageous with more than 50% of teachers disappearing each year. paras (student support personnel) often remain but licensed teachers move on to programs that provide staff support. Administrative organization, communication, and consistency is lacking. The principle of expecting the best exists without the support and resources to make it happen.

Harvest Prep School-Seed Academy 2

Posted November 08, 2013
My child has been at this school for 2 years, and this will be his last. No matter how many times problems/concerns are expressed nothing is done. At the end of last year the nurse couldn't find my childs epi-pen, his benedryl was gone and there was another childs medicine in the box. As a non-black parent I'm treated with complete disrespect by the admin staff, often completely ignored. The homework that is sent home often has the answers right next to the problems. I've yet to see any work on spelling, science, history, etc. Last spring 9 field trips were set up for the class, parents were told it would cost $60, but the kids only attended 4, we were told those 4 cost $40 (when the math says it should be $26), which leaves the assumption that parents who paid in full also ended up covering the cost of those who didn't, it took 5 months to get the $20 reimbursement. The school is not secure, they don't look at emergency cards, anyone is able to walk in the school and take your child or gain access to the classrooms. There's a lack of diversity at the school. The ONLY 2 good things I can say is that I have loved both of his teachers and that the kids wear uniforms.

Posted October 09, 2013
this school had help my children a lot.among the programs l benefited are meal for minds,parentmpowerment meetng and so on.teachers involvement in the kids development had been enormous

Harvest Prep School-Seed Academy 3

Posted July 15, 2013
I am interested in receiving more objective comments about this school from parents that are involved and not surface comments based on one incident or interaction. I would like to hear more about parent:parent interaction, parent:teacher interaction, student:student interaction and any cultural differences amongst the students that have presented as challenges or successful stories to share. Also, study habit development, cirricullum, etc. I find the last comment listed to be extremely emotional in content and not based on any intelligent commentary. thank you.

Harvest Prep School-Seed Academy 1

Posted June 20, 2013
Our family has never had a worse experience with a school. Harvest Prep used to be one of the most reputable schools in the Twin Cities for African American students. Now, it is a complete disaster. There is NO order, our daughter brings home the same homework 2-3 times a week. Our daughter has been attacked twice. Once on the bus and another time on the school grounds and both times by boys. There is no communication between the school staff, parents or transportation. We have had nothing but problems with Harvest Prep. I will homeschool before I allow her back in this disaster of a school!!!

Harvest Prep School-Seed Academy 3

Posted June 11, 2012
i`m a student at this student in the 7th grade and to be honest the school is good academically but in everything else i dont like it..... first it seems like they wait until the last minuite to do things 2nd we barley have any break to relax and be refreshed in the summer 5-6 weeks is not enough the uniforms arent really that bad but i would perfer without them and 3rd it seems like they never care about the students opinions

Harvest Prep School-Seed Academy 0

Posted October 31, 2010
I LOVE HARVEST PREP BECAUSE IT IS A SMALL CHARTER SCHOOL. MY GRANDSON GETS TO BE IN A HIGH ACHIEVING SCHOOL. RATHER THAN THE MINNEAPOLIS PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM WHICH HAS CLOSED ALL OF THE GREAT NORTH MINNEAPOLIS PUBLIC SCHOOL NEAR OUR HOME. HARVEST PREP IS THE BEST SCHOOL FOR OUR SCHOOL NEEDS, AND IT IS A HIGH ACHIEVING SCHOOL FOR THE STUDENTS. AS SHOULD BE THE CASE WITH ALL MINNEAPOLIS PUBLIC SCHOOLS, ALSO.

Posted September 06, 2009

Harvest Prep School-Seed Academy
1300 Olson Memorial Hwy, Minneapolis, MN  55411
Last modified Harvest Prep School-Seed Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harvest Prep School-Seed Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top