Minnetonka, MN

Hopkins North Junior High School 4

Posted June 14, 2014
I would love to say that Hopkins North Junior High is amazing I consider it my home away from home! I have gotten so close with my teachers and fellow classmates! I love the fact that you can be who you choose to be, as well as the curriculum is amazing taking anatomy and physiology in Junior High and other challenging courses was a exhilarating rush that I will never forget! But, other then all of the Spectacular things I have to say about this school I do have to say that there are some down sides of this school, like any other schools, there is a decent amount of bullying (that is starting to be solved) as well as a lot of Students who take drugs go to Hopkins schools in general so you/ your child will be surrounded by people on drugs, but that doesn't mean that there aren't good people who go to this school! I hope this helped and i hope to see you/ Your child at Hopkins North Junior High School next fall.

Hopkins North Junior High School 1

Posted October 28, 2013
This school is bad you get no gym and it is also poopy. Most teachers are mean

Hopkins North Junior High School 2

Posted March 07, 2013
Hello. I am currently enrolled at HHS (Hopkins High School), having gladly graduated from North. If anybody is reading this that is about to get forced into or go to North, my only recommendation is switch to West, purely based off my own observations and those of veterans of both schools. You see, North is run by administrators that mean well, but ultimately fall through in almost every regard. The review of "a student of 9th grade" should not even be read unless you have a degree in crypto linguistics and came from North, as it is extremely objective (while Misters B and B were some of the best teachers I ever had, there were certainly more than just them) and downright slanderous (Mr. K was actually one of the sweetest guys i knew at North if you to the time to talk to him, not just run from him). The teachers averaged each other out, with some amazing and others, well, not. The only reason I rate this school so poorly is because of the other students. Students such as two out of three who posted a review previous to me. The students here are not all elitist and not all cliquey, but rather all arrogant, intolerable, ignorant, and, for lack of a better term, pure ratchet divas.

Posted January 29, 2013
I'm in 7th grade this year, and I believe this school is amazing. The FLEX classes provide good advanced rigor for those to be challenged, and *most* of the teachers are very well trained, respectful, and teach us a lot. For public education, this provides the best deal, especially with technology being introduced into the curriculum (I.e activboards, iPads) which I think makes school easier for us kids. I would definitely reccomond it, and I'll tell you, your taxes are going to some good stuff.

Hopkins North Junior High School 3

Posted January 10, 2012
i'm a student of 9th grade i been here since 7th and the old principal was really rude, the new one is better but Mr Kusch has a few anger problems, for some students this may be hard for them or some don't care either way this school is to strict every year there's more fights more bullying and the teachers don't even care about it, sometimes the subsitute teachers aren't any better. if u want to bring u kids to this school than go ahead there's only 2 great teachers in this school Mr. Beckman and Mr. Beal, and one last thing pretty much everyone in this school are snobby rich talking people who don;t care about anyone but themselves that's also including the parents who come here. thank you for reading and have a good day

Hopkins North Junior High School 4

Posted June 26, 2011
The principal here is horrible. She does not care about the students or her staff. She does not look at the individual student and is rude and impossible to deal with. Thank goodness she's retiring.

Posted March 10, 2011
As a parent it is exciting to see the new course offerings for next fall (2011-12 school year) the rigor of the classes, and the quality of the teachers are amazing. Couldn't ask for a better education for my student.

Posted December 17, 2009

Posted September 09, 2009
Great School, I have a 7th grader and all I have to do is go to the infinity campus and I will know how my kid is doing in school. Way to go.

Hopkins North Junior High School 0

Posted May 27, 2009
I am a parent who has an 8th grader at North Junior High, a junior at Hopkins High School, and a 6th grader going to North Junior High next year. Coming from a private elementary school made my husband and I a little nervous. Since Hopkins ISD has such a good reputation, we chose to go public for Jr/Sr High. Our kids are thriving thanks to the staff and friends they've made. Any place you go will have +/- but you get what you give, and North has great opportunities to volunteer as does the high school. I can email a teacher at anytime and will hear back immediately, AND they know who my children are! This is not always something that will happen in a large class, but it does here! My kids say they like the diversity the most and that the teachers are 'approachable'. Thanks for reading.

Hopkins North Junior High School
10700 Cedar Lake Rd, Minnetonka, MN  55305
Last modified Hopkins North Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hopkins North Junior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top