Minnetonka, MN

Hopkins West Junior High School
Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted June 03, 2015
They tried to develop compassion through their Power of One project. However after doing the required volunteer work (oxymoron considering it isn't really volunteer if you are REQUIRED to do it), your grade is dependent upon how well you can write about your experience not what you did or how much the agency appreciated your efforts. You can get the same grade without doing the work.

Posted May 12, 2013
I am an 8th grader @ west and feel that it is a wonderful school, I would never switch to NJH the teachers love their jobs and there is minimal bullying. I love this school and its programs for gifted children and special education are spectacular.

Posted November 01, 2010
I am an 8th grade student at West Junior High, and it is an exceptional school. I began taking classes at West in 6th grade, and all of the teachers and staff were very understanding about my conflicting Junior High and Elementary School schedules. West has great teachers who really care about their subjects and about the students. There are opportunities for everyone, and there is a strong sense of community. West is a truly outstanding school.

Hopkins West Junior High School 4

Posted May 19, 2009
I am a student at HWJH and i am in 8th grade. The kids there are welcoming and if you hang out with the right people you can make A LOT of new friends. The school compared to the other Hopkins middle school, North Junior High, is choosen most offen to go to. North behavior wise doesn't have as good as a reputation. I really like it here and would recomend it to undecided parents and students.

Posted December 22, 2008
I have a 7th grade child at HWJH. The experience has been wonderful. They have great programs, plenty of choices, and an unbelievable teaching staff that are very involved and active with the students. I have looked at other school districts in the area and picked Hopkins because of the academic success and the ethnic diversity it had to offer my children.

Hopkins West Junior High School
3830 Baker Rd, Minnetonka, MN  55305
Last modified Hopkins West Junior High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hopkins West Junior High School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top