Minnetonka, MN
Before care: Yes
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

My name is Jim Hebeisen, and I am the new principal of Tanglen Elementary School as of July, 2013. Please watch for exciting new opportunities for parents and students as I work with the staff and PTO to create an incredible learning environment for our students.
July 19, 2013

Posted May 13, 2014
I couldn't be happier with my our experience so far at Tanglen Elementary. The teachers care about my son, spend extra time with him, and model professionalism and excellence every day. My son has excelled in math and reading this year, and has developed strong social skills with his peers. The principal and leadership in the building has been exemplary. There is a clear vision for the school and I couldn't be happier with the direction it is going.

Posted May 12, 2014
This is my 7th year as a parent at Tanglen (K,3 & 6).I have always been amazed at the overwhelming support the teachers&staff have provided the students & parents at our school.With the addition of our new principal this year, Jim Hebeisen, it has been an even more positive experience.He is a genuinely nice guy, an excellent communicator, and has brought about such a cohesive change to our school.I have heard so much positive feedback from the staff regarding his leadership skills.We also have a very active PTO that has been instrumental with fundraising efforts&planning community-building events that embrace&celebrate a diverse environment that is truly reflective of our global world.Technology is also a priority at Tanglen.Virtually all classrooms are equipped with Smartboards and all students have access to iPads and other devices.This summer, Tanglen will undergo some long overdue construction with a brand new kitchen, cafeteria, gym and HVAC system.I look forward to 6 more years as a Tanglen parent as it continues to grow and excel in the great Hopkins ISD!

L.H. Tanglen Elementary School 4

Posted October 28, 2013
We r new to this area, My daughter has started 2nd grade here this year. she is enjoying her school and happy with her teacher. We are getting familiar with the school atmosphere ...expecting positivity and creativeness! As a Parent I expect common etiquettes,manners and morals should be taught in school. Office staff is very cooperative! New Principal is looking active and friendly.

L.H. Tanglen Elementary School 4

Posted October 16, 2013
New to the area, we chose Hopkins schools based on US News & World Report rankings. We have been really pleased with our choice; the level of academics is high, the synergy between teachers in the elementary school (Tanglen) is strong, and the entire Hopkins school community has been welcoming and supportive. And for anyone who may have concerns along such lines, the high diversity in Hopkins has NOT lowered academic standards but instead adds depth and richness to our childrens' educational experience. I do wish class sizes were smaller but that is a larger problem than with just this district. Despite that, this district is doing a super job of educating kids--go Hopkins!

Posted September 07, 2013
Tanglen Elementary is a great school! We have been a part of the school's community for five years with two kids attending there. Tanglen has fantastic teachers, a great student body and strong community feeling. The teachers are so positive, dedicated and innovative. The families are committed to the school and its success. Class sizes have been very good (around 23-24 kids in 2nd-3rd). The Challenge (G/T) program is a real strength of the school. The new Pre-K program (Stepping Stones) is outstanding! And the new principal seems terrific -- energetic and positive. Our kids love it there and my husband and I couldn't be happier.

Posted July 23, 2013
I'm the biased PTO president, but could not be more proud of Tanglen's teachers, staff, students and families. We've worked hard to serve our increasingly diverse student population and their families, and it's totally paying off. We had 650 people at our spring Block Party! There's new energy, and a great sense of community. My daughters have thrived at Tanglen. My husband and I pat ourselves on the back for sending them to a school they love AND that is preparing them to succeed in a 21st century workplace/global economy. We moved here specifically for Tanglen from south Minneapolis: my husband needed us to live closer to his teaching job in EP, and had observed at statewide professional development workshops that Tanglen teachers often led them! This is not Beaver Cleaver's suburban school--it's way, WAY more interesting and fun. I just met the new principal, Jim Hebeisen, who invites current and 'shopping' families to stop by anytime this summer. He could not be more energetic and positive. If your idea of a fantastic education includes cultural--as well as academic--competence, you'll feel right at home at Tanglen.

Posted July 23, 2013
Very friendly staff, they know every kid and pay a lot of individual attention to each child and family. This school has a well thought out culture of respect and positive reinforcement for students. They are told what to expect and encouraged to be and do their best!

Posted July 22, 2013
This school has been outstanding for us! We've been a part of the school body for 4 years and currently have 2 children attending. Both our students are thriving and are part of the outstanding gifted & talented program Tanglen offers. The teachers are terrific, dedicated, and have been great to partner with. The Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO) is active and has outstanding teacher & parent involvement in enrichment, technology and community building endevours. This past year, between the Cultural Night and Block Party ... the community pride was evident! Looking ahead at the upcoming school year with the building remodel and new principal, Tanglen is sure to continue the tradition of excellence our family has come to expect.

Posted July 22, 2013
My child loves this school. This is a diverse atmosphere with many different cultures. The teachers are great, going above and beyond their duties. Parents are involved and friendly. I would recommend this school to anyone.

Posted July 20, 2013
An amazing, diverse community public school with seasoned teachers and a new, enthusiastic principal. We have been Tanglen parents since 2005 and wouldn't think of sending them anywhere else. The future is bright at Tanglen!!

L.H. Tanglen Elementary School
10901 Hillside Ln, Minnetonka, MN  55305
Last modified L.H. Tanglen Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
L.H. Tanglen Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews. Top