Public charter
Minnetonka, MN
Before care: Yes

Posted April 08, 2014
We are so fortunate to have found ISLA for our child. The staff are dedicated and committed to enriching our children's lives. The IB program helps instill the values we want to see him take with him in life. The Spanish immersion is superior to many other immersion programs, because our specialists (art, phy ed, music) and even our extra-curriculars are all in the target language. We also especially enjoy that the school brings Amity interns to live in host families and help in classrooms. They enrich our community with their unique culture and accents.

Posted April 07, 2014
Isla is an awesome community. I love the small class sizes and the teachers are amazing. I highly recommend ISLA, it gives my students another first language not a second one.

Posted April 07, 2014
ISLA is a fantastic school. Great teachers and curriculum! Very impressed with entire experience, they deliver on their promises. Children flourish here from Spanish to Math to personal accountability. Highly recommended.

Posted April 07, 2014
As a substitute teacher I have seen many classrooms and many students. I have consistently been impressed by the organization, knowledge and caring within this school. Classes are capped at 25 students, two classes of each grade level. This small school size makes it possible for every staff member to know every student as an individual and know if they are struggling, I am also extremely impressed with the IB program. There are getting to be more and more schools gaining the label of 'International Baccalaureate' but not all school are able to implement it as well as ISLA,

Posted April 07, 2014
ISLA is an amazing IB Spanish Immersion school! It has taught my daughter to be a world thinker and understand her role in the world. ISLA has challenged her academically and enriched her life through a top notch music program. I am thrilled at the person my daughter is growing into and I believe that it is due in part to the amazing teachers and the learning environment at ISLA!

Posted August 27, 2013
IB and Spanish Immersions - What more could you want! An excellent school and staff.

Posted May 30, 2013
As an employee and parent in the school I can't think of a better place to work and have my children. ISLA is a wonderful school. Having twenty years of experience I have seen and worked in all kinds of schools. At ISLA teachers and staff are extremely dedicated. ISLA is a small independent public school. I attended a private IB World School and I believe that children at ISLA receive a private school education for free. Instilling in youth the concept of being global citizens of the world is a part of our mission. We believe in knowing children individually and providing the education that each one of them needs. The school community is welcoming and understands that it takes collaboration from everybody for a successful experience. We all work together to raise amazing children. Visit us online or come for a tour, you will love the school community!

Posted April 20, 2013
ISLA has been an amazing school for our daughter. We love the small community (around 250 total families) and small class sizes. In addition to the amazing Spanish education that our daughter is receiving, we have been thrilled with the International Baccalaureate (IB) program. We knew nothing about IB before beginning and we have been blown away by the character development that happens alongside learning because of IB. The administration at ISLA is very knowledgeable, friendly, and extremely dedicated to the children. Because of the small community, each child is able to receive much individual attention, which is also a plus. We could say so much about ISLA. It is fabulous.

International Spanish Language Academy 4

Posted January 26, 2013
I am very satisfied w/the education my daughter is receiving at this school. We've had mostly positive experiences although I wish our teacher gave more challenging homework...as it only takes her seconds to complete. Most of her teachers have been really good.

International Spanish Language Academy 1

Posted December 29, 2012
I am a parent and had my children there for several years. I finally decided to transfer when bullying in the classroom and on the playground couldn't be successfully controlled. Teachers were frequently excessively excessively harsh in speaking to the children an poor behavioral role models. When speaking with the vice principal she felt it was okay for the kids to be afraid of her. After several years I realized this was not the school for us.

International Spanish Language Academy
5959 Shady Oak Rd., Minnetonka, MN  55343
Last modified International Spanish Language Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
International Spanish Language Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top