Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Clear Springs Elementary School
Grateful to: Teacher

Posted September 13, 2015
Mrs. Ortner is everybody's favorite! Kids adore her. She truly loves children and teaches them well.

Posted September 13, 2015
My both children (K and 2nd grade) love Clear Springs school and teachers. We started as open-enrolled family, but later moved into school zone so kids could make more friends in neighborhood and also take advantage of busing. School program is very adequate, teachers and principal try very hard hard to get to know each student closer and adapt to their personalities. High potential program is offered to more capable students. After school care is very engaging as well. I love seeing my children study in loved, respectful environment overall.

Posted November 26, 2014
This is the greatest school you can send your kids to! Principal Carpenter is a guarantee that you and your child will get everything out of this school possible. You know you have a top-notch principal when he not only knows the names of every child in his school, all of their parents as well. Also, you never know when he'll greet the kids in the morning wearing a turkey costume or a gnome costume or many others. The teachers really care about each and every student. They pay attention and don't let kids fall through the cracks. Amazing involvement. Can't say enough great things!

Posted September 21, 2014
As a parent I cannot say enough great things about this school. From the moment we met Mr. Carpenter when he gave us the tour we were IN! This is the best Principal we have met and it translates into his staff not only in academc excellence but in the emotional care given to all children. Concerns are inmediately delt with and teachers work with you to make sure your child is succesful. If you have the opportunity to attend CSE do it with no doubt. We had to move out of State and altough we are in a great district we miss CSE with all our hearts.

Posted June 09, 2014
We have one son currently at Clear Springs and another entering next fall. Our experience with Clear Springs teachers, staff, and with Curt Carpenter has been fantastic. We toured several school districts when we moved back to MN and are very thankful that we chose Clear Springs and Minnetonka.

Posted March 19, 2014
My family feels so fortunate to be a part of Clear Springs. It is a warm, welcoming community where successes are celebrated and concerns are addressed with sincere care. The energy in the building is positive, inclusive, and comforting. Enough cannot be said for the principal, teachers and staff. They create this very special environment.

Posted March 08, 2014
Minnetonka is the most accommodating district to work in! All teachers and staff are very friendly and are the best at providing rigorous and "just right" learning to all students. When my students walk in our door each morning, I am always there to greet them with a smile, and they do the same. This is a school in which I could work until my retirement! Awesome work, Clear Springs!

Posted March 03, 2014
I have 2 children at Clear Springs and am happy we chose it as our school. We open enroll and feel so blessed to be part of such an amazing school community. From the parent volunteers who put on special programs for the kids, to the teachers and staff who go above and beyond to make sure each child is treated as an individual to the Principal who is amazing, you couldn't find a better home for your child. While the school size is large, it keeps a small school feel with the inviting atmosphere that welcomes parents in. Class sizes are a little larger then I would prefer (21 for most classes through 3rd grade) although I do feel my kids are getting a great education regardless. If you are going to chose this school, I recommend bussing your children home!!! The pick up line is sooooooo long. If you are planning on choosing Clear Springs as your school, I recommend putting your children on a bus. Even open enrolled families can use the bus, just pick a stop that works for you! It is much better then sitting in the line of cars, although I hear that most schools have the same problem. Whatever school you choose, Minnetonka is a great district and I am happy to call it home!

Clear Springs Elementary School 1

Posted February 22, 2014
Unless you are looking for a BIG elementary school, look elsewhere! The grade levels are big, the class sizes are big (and getting bigger), and the lines to pick up your kids are big (huge actually). I so wish that we had dug deeper and talked with parents (not administration) before picking Clear Springs. Minnetonka has become a massive district, and there is no sign of the growth stopping.

Posted October 16, 2013
Our family feels truly blessed to be a part of the Clear Springs community. The teachers have been beyond fabulous - caring, nurturing and committed to helping our kids reach their full potential. The staff - from the front and health offices to special ed to all of the support teams - are fully vested in our children and always go the extra mile to make our school experience exceptional. Our principal has an uncanny ability to remember everyone's names - and continually works for the best outcomes, no matter what the situation is. If our kids have needed special services, we've received them. If they've needed paras in their room, we've gotten them. If we've needed help working through a problem, we've had listening ears and help making it right. I cannot imagine being in another school. We hit the jackpot at Clear Springs. I highly recommend Clear Springs Elementary to anyone looking for a school in Minnetonka. Our family is beyond lucky to have this great school - and community - in our neighborhood.

Clear Springs Elementary School
5701 Hwy 101, Minnetonka, MN  55345
Last modified Clear Springs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Clear Springs Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top