Minnetonka, MN

Groveland Elementary School 1

Posted June 26, 2014
This school is changing. Spanish Immersion is pushed heavily. We felt like if we did not pick Spanish we would be making the wrong decision. It has been a rough start. Our child does not like school . This school, because of the direction they are going, with Spanish becoming the majority, we feel this school is not the right choice. Looking for a more traditional school.

Posted April 18, 2014
Groveland Elementary Minnetonka My grandsons in kindergarten and first grade are getting an amazing education at Groveland. The first grader can read and speak in Spanish and English, is great at math and even reads notes. The Kindergartner, in special ed is finally learning to communicate using words. I cannot praise this school enough. Thank you Groveland.

Posted September 24, 2013
Groveland has an amazing community feel to it. A great principal that listens to all parents. They have done a great job integrating a spanish immersion program into the school as well.

Posted September 24, 2013
Great teachers. Great principal. Great parents. Great students. Everyone is involved, and there is a very positive attitude that resonates through everyone.

Posted September 24, 2013
I can't say enough about Groveland, it's amazing. My husband and I have open enrolled our children in the Spanish immersion. The first day we walked into the school we felt so welcomed. I would recommend Groveland to any parent. Love walking into the school and always being greeted by Mr Parker. It's one amazing school! It has my vote.

Posted September 20, 2011
WOW! This is our first year at Groveland, and so far we are so impressed. The entire staff is Amazing! They are very friendly, helpful, and of course professional. The principal Mr. Parker is visible,is easily approachable, and seems to know kid's names along with their parents. What I am most impressed with is his kindergarten teacher Mrs. Martin, and his special education team headed by Kelly Kautz.. Together they put together a educational program that allows our son the chance to get extra attention when needed, but also allow him to gain independence on his own. Fantastic experience so far I am excited to see what rest of year has in store for us.

Posted September 29, 2010
My son is enrolled in the Spanish Immersion program at Groveland. Our experience has been fantastic. The staff are truly dedicated to building world leaders and it starts here. The principle engaged and knowledgable. The school programs are top notch and our educational experience has been second to none. Minnesota has some of the best public and private school in the nation.

Groveland Elementary School 0

Posted October 13, 2009
The entire faculty care's about me and my children. Every event is education and family focused. It's a wonderful place.

Posted May 21, 2007
My children have attended three schools and Groveland has been their favorite. From my perspective, this is a model school. The PTO is strong and provides many extras for the kids. There are many opportunities for parents to participate and most parents do volunteer their time. Academically, this school is top notch. It deserves the 10 rating that it gets. There are smart boards and projectors in the classrooms. A newer computer lab. This is a public school and the kids routinely work a grade above level. However, they still have fun and enjoy school! So far, my kids' teachers have been wonderful. Most of the staff is upbeat and happy. The principal is very visible and knows all of the kids by name. Front office staff knows all of the parents and kids by name. My only complaint is that the building is a bit old and needs a remodel.

Posted May 15, 2007
I think that Groveland School is an excellent learning facility. There has not been any issues with getting my son the 'extras' that he has needed from excellerated classes to Social Worker evaluations. The principal is active and social and always willing to help in any way. The class sizes are manageable as well as balanced. I am very happy my children will be at Groveland.

Groveland Elementary School
17310 Minnetonka Blvd, Minnetonka, MN  55345
Last modified Groveland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Groveland Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top