Bad
Good

Speaking directly to the unsound propaganda posted on March 11, 2016. As a parent of a child who attended Groveland, I have never seen nor am privy to such exclusive testing results of English vs Immersion students. Fact # 1 - Spanish is one of the easiest languages to learn in the world. Fact # 2 - Learning Spanish does not make you smarter nor does it raise your I.Q. Fact # 3 - Groveland has a financial gain by offering the immersion program. Fact # 4 - The Spanish class room size is about 18 vs 25 in English. Fact # 5 - The immersion kids are now given special access to the English Enrichment specialists to "boost their test scores" = they are not doing well in English/Testing and are taking away from the English kids. Fact # 6 - The immersion program does not have any Special Ed or Special Needs children as part of their student population nor do they have the ability to nurture these precious gifts. Groveland's English Program is one of the best in the State but is sadly being broken a part by an agenda. Fact # 7 - English is one of the hardest languages in the world. If you want your child to have a strong foundation and survive in the English speaking world, parents need to start advocating for the English program now before it's too late. Very sad to see what is happening to this school.

I have three kids that are or have been at Groveland. The Spanish immersion program is taking over the school because it is a no brainier. The kids learn a second language AND test higher in reading and writing English than the regular English class kids. My kids are fluent in Spanish and test higher than state averages in all areas. The only thing holding the kids back is parents fear. Grow a set parents and give your kids the BEST! There is a reason the property values are so high in Minnetonka. This school is reason #1

This school is changing. Spanish Immersion is pushed heavily. We felt like if we did not pick Spanish we would be making the wrong decision. It has been a rough start. Our child does not like school . This school, because of the direction they are going, with Spanish becoming the majority, we feel this school is not the right choice. Looking for a more traditional school.

Groveland Elementary Minnetonka My grandsons in kindergarten and first grade are getting an amazing education at Groveland. The first grader can read and speak in Spanish and English, is great at math and even reads notes. The Kindergartner, in special ed is finally learning to communicate using words. I cannot praise this school enough. Thank you Groveland.

Groveland has an amazing community feel to it. A great principal that listens to all parents. They have done a great job integrating a spanish immersion program into the school as well.

Great teachers. Great principal. Great parents. Great students. Everyone is involved, and there is a very positive attitude that resonates through everyone.

I can't say enough about Groveland, it's amazing. My husband and I have open enrolled our children in the Spanish immersion. The first day we walked into the school we felt so welcomed. I would recommend Groveland to any parent. Love walking into the school and always being greeted by Mr Parker. It's one amazing school! It has my vote.

WOW! This is our first year at Groveland, and so far we are so impressed. The entire staff is Amazing! They are very friendly, helpful, and of course professional. The principal Mr. Parker is visible,is easily approachable, and seems to know kid's names along with their parents. What I am most impressed with is his kindergarten teacher Mrs. Martin, and his special education team headed by Kelly Kautz.. Together they put together a educational program that allows our son the chance to get extra attention when needed, but also allow him to gain independence on his own. Fantastic experience so far I am excited to see what rest of year has in store for us.

My son is enrolled in the Spanish Immersion program at Groveland. Our experience has been fantastic. The staff are truly dedicated to building world leaders and it starts here. The principle engaged and knowledgable. The school programs are top notch and our educational experience has been second to none. Minnesota has some of the best public and private school in the nation.

The entire faculty care's about me and my children. Every event is education and family focused. It's a wonderful place.

Last modified Groveland Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.