Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

MME has great administrative leadership and highly qualified teachers. They offer a rich curriculum that addresses the needs of all students. The school and district is committed to not only a rigorous curriculum, but to the arts and athletics. The school also offers a Chinese and Spanish Immersion program that was started six years ago. As an educator I understand the traits of a school that is exceptional....you will find none better in a middle school than MME. During this challenging time for students--MME has developed a plan for our adolescents that demonstrates a deep caring for our children.

Amount of homework: Disagree

The home work gave me depression and anxiety and I have at least 3 hours of it every night

Develops character: Strongly disagree

The students are so biased and the teachers don't even care about how you act, they just want to get their job done and go home to their mansion

RThe teachers do not realize students have a life outside of school and I will come home with at least 3 hours of homework each day. It is very hard for me to manage because I am a gymnast and a cheerleader. The teachers push students to much and All of the stress caused me depression and anxiety. Also, all the teachers do is have you look at slides on the smart board while they talk. I am not an auditory learner so my grades slipped very fast. The technology is very confusing because they expect all student to have printers and wifi at home etc. The pastas for special Ed kids are rude and they make them sit at a reserved table for them. They also yell at them a lot which hurts my feelings because just because they are different does not mean they should be treated differently. Whenever I introduce myself to a teacher, they give me a once over and immediately underestimate me because I do not look or dress like the other kids. The food is overpriced and it affordable and there is always something moldy or not cooked right. I hate going to this school because the people there are mean, the food is horrible, it is unnafordable and hard and stressful. I hope you take my review into consideration because I come home and cry my self to sleep everynight because school is so horrible. I told my parents and they did not believe me. Please save yourself if al the trouble and find a better school. I hate this school so much that I wish that me and my family could move to another state and I could start over at another school. Most of the students are judge mental and biased and only care about what kind of iPhone they have, what clothes you wear, and how many miles long your freaking mansion is. I personally don't know how the heck this is one of the best schools in the us.

I went to MME for 1 and a half years. I left because I couldn't stand it any more. There was tons of bullying which no one helped with. Also, the classes were enormous. I had at least 30 kids in most of my classes. Also, if you need help it is very hard to find. Most of the options for help are before school which is hard for many students. The teachers don't really care about you and can barely remember your name! DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD AT MME

Everyone loves this school however the one area they lack in is the social department. My son and I know other students from talking to their parents were very badly bullied at MME. No teachers ever helped or anything or offered an alternative we eventually had to move due to it and its very sad. I hope they have improved since the 2012 school year.

Amazing experience for our 6th and 8th graders. Pete Mr. Dymit and team do an exceptional job!!

We have been thrilled with the teachers, administration and opportunities at MME. Our son is in his second year there and constantly talks about how great things are at MME. He enjoys the independence, the opportunity for honors classes, the variety of after school activities/athletics and the way teachers make school interesting and even fun! As parents, we appreciate how kids are expected to act in a respectful manner and the principal's communications on important school events as well as offering guidance to parents about the changes our kids are experiencing. We feel fortunate that our kids have the opportunity to attend such a great school!

Both my children attend MME and it has been an overwhelmingly positive experience. The teaching staff is professional and caring, the administration is responsive and hands-on, and the course work is challenging and relevant. As I compare stories with friends in other school districts, our decision to send our children to Minnetonka schools is constantly reinforced.

I have nothing but positive to say about MME. We switched from private school to MME with our oldest and the transition went so much smoother than we could have anticipated thanks to the staff at MME. We now are on child number 3 at MME and still loving it. Having children at both ends, high potential and special needs, really made me nervous, but the teachers and staff work wonders with each and every student and it is amazing the self confidence all of my children have. The before and after school programs offer so many options for my children to make an even greater connection with their school and fellow students. Keep up the great work MME!

Last modified Minnetonka East Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.