Minnetonka, MN

Minnetonka East Middle School 1

Posted April 21, 2014
I went to MME for 1 and a half years. I left because I couldn't stand it any more. There was tons of bullying which no one helped with. Also, the classes were enormous. I had at least 30 kids in most of my classes. Also, if you need help it is very hard to find. Most of the options for help are before school which is hard for many students. The teachers don't really care about you and can barely remember your name! DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD AT MME

Minnetonka East Middle School 1

Posted April 18, 2014
Everyone loves this school however the one area they lack in is the social department. My son and I know other students from talking to their parents were very badly bullied at MME. No teachers ever helped or anything or offered an alternative we eventually had to move due to it and its very sad. I hope they have improved since the 2012 school year.

Posted January 04, 2014
Amazing experience for our 6th and 8th graders. Pete Mr. Dymit and team do an exceptional job!!

Posted September 23, 2013
MME has great administrative leadership and highly qualified teachers. They offer a rich curriculum that addresses the needs of all students. The school and district is committed to not only a rigorous curriculum, but to the arts and athletics. The school also offers a Chinese and Spanish Immersion program that was started six years ago. As an educator I understand the traits of a school that is exceptional....you will find none better in a middle school than MME. During this challenging time for students--MME has developed a plan for our adolescents that demonstrates a deep caring for our children.

Posted January 05, 2011
We have been thrilled with the teachers, administration and opportunities at MME. Our son is in his second year there and constantly talks about how great things are at MME. He enjoys the independence, the opportunity for honors classes, the variety of after school activities/athletics and the way teachers make school interesting and even fun! As parents, we appreciate how kids are expected to act in a respectful manner and the principal's communications on important school events as well as offering guidance to parents about the changes our kids are experiencing. We feel fortunate that our kids have the opportunity to attend such a great school!

Posted January 04, 2011
Both my children attend MME and it has been an overwhelmingly positive experience. The teaching staff is professional and caring, the administration is responsive and hands-on, and the course work is challenging and relevant. As I compare stories with friends in other school districts, our decision to send our children to Minnetonka schools is constantly reinforced.

Posted January 04, 2011
I have nothing but positive to say about MME. We switched from private school to MME with our oldest and the transition went so much smoother than we could have anticipated thanks to the staff at MME. We now are on child number 3 at MME and still loving it. Having children at both ends, high potential and special needs, really made me nervous, but the teachers and staff work wonders with each and every student and it is amazing the self confidence all of my children have. The before and after school programs offer so many options for my children to make an even greater connection with their school and fellow students. Keep up the great work MME!

Posted January 04, 2011
MME is a great school for all kinds of students. The teachers "get" middle schoolers and truly enjoy working with this age group. The curriculum is interesting and challenging and the teachers make the tough subjects fun. The administration is wonderful, too - very responsive to students' and parents' needs. We're lucky to have such a strong middle school in our school district

Minnetonka East Middle School 2

Posted September 09, 2010
We have been disappointed in MME. It seems to be a vast, on going experiment in crowd mgmt. While we find the teachers & staff friendly, we also find the teaching standards to be minimal, likely due to the extremely large classes. (Some classes don't have enough chairs!) Example: our 7th grader was given a vocabulary book which her two older sisters had used at a different school. They were required to know the spelling, definition, accents, antonyms and synonyms for each word, with weekly tests. At MME, all that is required is to be able to pick out a general definition from multiple choice. When I mentioned this to the Vice Principal of the MMW School, I was told that all that other work was merely rote memorization and contributed little to a child's educational development. Unless your child is gifted, be forewarned, MME is a minimalist educational experience.

Posted April 04, 2010
I Think this is a great school, all the teachers really help you with the topics you struggle in. I know for a fact some of my weaker subjecs have really turned on to my higher ones. They also know how to make our education fun so we actually pay attention.

Minnetonka East Middle School
17000 Lake St Extension, Minnetonka, MN  55345
Last modified Minnetonka East Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Minnetonka East Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top