Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered School leader (1 response)

Posted March 30, 2016
MME has great administrative leadership and highly qualified teachers. They offer a rich curriculum that addresses the needs of all students. The school and district is committed to not only a rigorous curriculum, but to the arts and athletics. The school also offers a Chinese and Spanish Immersion program that was started six years ago. As an educator I understand the traits of a school that is exceptional....you will find none better in a middle school than MME. During this challenging time for students--MME has developed a plan for our adolescents that demonstrates a deep caring for our children.

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted January 03, 2016
The home work gave me depression and anxiety and I have at least 3 hours of it every night

Develops grit: Strongly disagree

Posted January 03, 2016
I fell like giving up more every single day. I'm just going to let go sooner or kater

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted January 03, 2016
The students are very mean and so are the teachers. I am bullied every day.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted January 03, 2016
The students are so biased and the teachers don't even care about how you act, they just want to get their job done and go home to their mansion

Posted January 03, 2016
RThe teachers do not realize students have a life outside of school and I will come home with at least 3 hours of homework each day. It is very hard for me to manage because I am a gymnast and a cheerleader. The teachers push students to much and All of the stress caused me depression and anxiety. Also, all the teachers do is have you look at slides on the smart board while they talk. I am not an auditory learner so my grades slipped very fast. The technology is very confusing because they expect all student to have printers and wifi at home etc. The pastas for special Ed kids are rude and they make them sit at a reserved table for them. They also yell at them a lot which hurts my feelings because just because they are different does not mean they should be treated differently. Whenever I introduce myself to a teacher, they give me a once over and immediately underestimate me because I do not look or dress like the other kids. The food is overpriced and it affordable and there is always something moldy or not cooked right. I hate going to this school because the people there are mean, the food is horrible, it is unnafordable and hard and stressful. I hope you take my review into consideration because I come home and cry my self to sleep everynight because school is so horrible. I told my parents and they did not believe me. Please save yourself if al the trouble and find a better school. I hate this school so much that I wish that me and my family could move to another state and I could start over at another school. Most of the students are judge mental and biased and only care about what kind of iPhone they have, what clothes you wear, and how many miles long your freaking mansion is. I personally don't know how the heck this is one of the best schools in the us.

Posted April 21, 2014
I went to MME for 1 and a half years. I left because I couldn't stand it any more. There was tons of bullying which no one helped with. Also, the classes were enormous. I had at least 30 kids in most of my classes. Also, if you need help it is very hard to find. Most of the options for help are before school which is hard for many students. The teachers don't really care about you and can barely remember your name! DO NOT ENROLL YOUR CHILD AT MME

Posted April 18, 2014
Everyone loves this school however the one area they lack in is the social department. My son and I know other students from talking to their parents were very badly bullied at MME. No teachers ever helped or anything or offered an alternative we eventually had to move due to it and its very sad. I hope they have improved since the 2012 school year.

Posted January 04, 2014
Amazing experience for our 6th and 8th graders. Pete Mr. Dymit and team do an exceptional job!!

Posted January 05, 2011
We have been thrilled with the teachers, administration and opportunities at MME. Our son is in his second year there and constantly talks about how great things are at MME. He enjoys the independence, the opportunity for honors classes, the variety of after school activities/athletics and the way teachers make school interesting and even fun! As parents, we appreciate how kids are expected to act in a respectful manner and the principal's communications on important school events as well as offering guidance to parents about the changes our kids are experiencing. We feel fortunate that our kids have the opportunity to attend such a great school!

17000 Lake St Extension, Minnetonka, MN  55345
Last modified Minnetonka East Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.