Minnetonka, MN
Students enrolled: 2,906

Posted May 23, 2012
As a graduate of Minnetonka High School, I can really see how my Minnetonka education has put me far ahead of my peers in college. In fact, even though I attend an out-of-state university, many of my professors know of Minnetonka, and many have made comments about how students from this school are consistently well-prepared for college-level courses. The huge assortment of AP/IB classes offered at Minnetonka is definitely a huge positive, and having the opportunity to take these classes allowed me to come into college with over a year's worth of credits, which has allowed me to have early registration every semester and will ultimately result in early graduation as well. The variety of activities at the high school means there's literally something for everyone, and it provides students with the opportunity to explore their interests and develop friendships that last beyond their time in high school. This is a fantastic school and I would strongly recommend it to anyone!

Posted November 05, 2010
Minnetonka High School has been a great choice for our family. We "open-enrolled" from another school district to attend. We haven't been disappointed.

Posted October 18, 2009
I think Minnetonka has a very challenging curriculum for those who want to be challenged.

Posted February 18, 2009
I am a paraprofessional at this school. My family moves a lot with my husbands job. I have found this district excellent at all levels. At the top of quality education and the whole student surroundings. Highly recommended.

Posted January 12, 2009
I am a senoir at Minnetonka High School, and as a freshman I was suprised to learn about all the oppurtunities that were offered before and after school. MHS has given me a chance not only to challenge myself academically, but also to decide who I really am as a person. Thanks MHS!

Posted August 26, 2008
Incredible School. Fantastic Teachers and I've learned a lot since I came in 2005.

Posted April 07, 2008
My daughter is a quiet, studious sophomore at Minnetonka High School (MHS). I was concerned about her at such a large school, yet she absolutely loves MHS, the community it fosters, the teachers, the academic programs and co-curricular activity choices. Rated a top 5% Minnesota high school on all academic measures, 98% of parents rated it as good or excellent. In Newsweek's top American high schools, it moved up from 1500 to the top 500 list in only 4 years. AP classes and the IB program allow students to challenge themselves. The world-class fine arts programs receive state champion awards in drama and choir. A national leader in technology use, interactive Smartboards that are accelerators of learning are used. Sound systems in classes mean even students in the back of the room can hear everything. I m excited that my 8th grader will be there next year too. What a great school.

Posted September 05, 2007
Diversity at Minnetonka High School is virtually non-existent.

Posted August 18, 2005
This is a good school on the rise to becoming a great school! Became an International Baccalaureate Diploma High School last year--both AP and IB programs are thriving--with record enrollment for this school year. Unlike many schools, both of these college prep programs are open to anyone in the school willing to challenge herself to get the most out of high school! (College credit earned in high school is such a blessing for us parents when it comes to college tuition!) Each year, more and more private school families are switching into MHS! Great academics, great fine arts, great activities, and yes--great athletics--including the reigning state champs in Football, Girls Cross Country and Competition Cheerleading--Not to mention our nationally recognized jazz band, Quiz Bowl team and Japanese and French World Language students! There is truly something for every kid! We love this school!

Minnetonka Senior High School 4

Posted April 10, 2005
I currently attend MHS, and I agree that the school is very 'cliquey' but it teaches you about life. I am on one of the sports teams, and i enjoy a lot, it is a great way to meet people. The teachers are reliable, working to make your highschool career much better. Such as coming in early, meeting you in resource rooms, and giving as much help as they possibly can. MHS is cutting down to a 6 hour class next year which will decrease the number of graduates, and it will be harder to attain credits needed. MHS is a very nice school with caring people who WANT to help you.

18301 Hwy 7, Minnetonka, MN  55345
Last modified Minnetonka Senior High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Minnetonka Senior High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top