Bad
Good

Posted May 18, 2013
We have had 2 children graduate from the Westonka School District; one in 2011 and now one in 2013. Without doing hardly any extra studying, our kids' average ACT scores were 32 and 33. What they learned in school prepared them for the tests. I appreciated that both Grandview Middle and MWHS didn't hold my kids back in the areas of Math and Science. Overall, I think the teachers are really good. My kids never complained about the teachers at Grandview and complained about only 2 teachers at MWHS both of whom should be retiring soon. There are a number of extra-curriculars to take part in. If your child pays attention in class, does their homework, turns it in on time, asks questions and prepares for tests, they should learn a ton and be fully prepared for college when they graduate from MWHS.

Posted May 14, 2013
This is really a school that cares about its students and the education they receive. One are where they stand out is during MCA testing. MWHS takes this very seriously. They plan their school year so students are only takng the tests on test days, not attending classes. This allows the student to focus and not be stressed out about other classes and allows them to get the extra rest they need.

Posted August 10, 2011
We chose to open-enroll our children in Westonka Schools. We have not regretted the decision. Our children have had some amazing learning opportunities. Math and English departments are particularly strong, but other areas, particularly Science, are improving and adding AP classes. Our children have felt very safe, and the discipline at MWHS has been very good. The administration takes a pro-active stance which we appreciate. The counseling department is stellar. We really like the fact that the school is small enough that most of the staff knows who our kids are, but big enough that there are many offerings. Our daughter just graduated and was accepted into virtually eery engineering school she applied to. School is often what one makes of it. MWHS is full of fantastic learning opportunities if one wants to put in the time and effort. BTW, the middle school configuration of grades 5-7 and high school 8-12 is absolutely brilliant! No worries!

Mound-Westonka High School 4

Posted May 05, 2010
I am a student at Mound Westonka High School. The teachers themselves are about average, the disciplinary system works well enough to keep the school and students safe and in order. The culinary system could be improved, not only the quality of the food itself, but in general, what they give us isn't always the best, it seems. They haven't adapted to students not going to line A (Main lunch, changes daily). The best they've given us so far has been Dominos, Subway, and Spaghetti. The special education system works as well, but I feel that there are students within it that don't deserve to be there as much as others do. Some students have gone un-noticed by the Special Education System of Mound Westonka High School, thus not allowing them to have equal opportunities that others are taking away from them. Otherwise, it is a fairly good school.

Posted March 18, 2010
I am a student at Mound Westonka High School and this school is amazing :)

Mound-Westonka High School 2

Posted August 26, 2008
Westonka High School has an excellent program for the 8th and 9th graders. However, beginning in the 10th grade the program begins to decline. This year Mound/Westonka was on the statewide failing list. Teachers teach to the test rather than encouraging exploration.

Posted October 12, 2005
I am a graduate of MWHS along with by brother and sister. We all enjoyed our years there. We were active in sports and other exta curricular activities. It is a great school because it is on the small side. You get to know everyone in your class. The only thing that needs to improve that I saw from my class to my brothers was participation from students activities at school.

Mound-Westonka High School 4

Posted January 10, 2005
This school is a great place for students as long as their parents keep them under control. I graduated from Mound in 2004. As long as a student is willing to succeed at this school, they will. The teachers are always willing to give extra help before or after school. The music and art depts. are average, nothing spectacular or outstanding about them. Ex. curricular activities could use improvement, especially their drug policies, but the programs are pretty well organized with competent coaches. Also, parents, don't be afraid of 8th graders in the HS, it really doesn't matter much.

Posted November 01, 2004
I moved to Mound over the summer of 2001. This was the school that I went to. I started with 9th grade, since I finished 8th in Middle school in Bloomington, MN's Bravo School. I really liked the school, it's mostly white, there are barely any other races, only a few. The teachers are great (Mr. Burk! Mr Price, Mr Hiebert, Mrs. jacobs, mr. Eidsness, Coach Humbert!! and Mrs. Goehring) all are great people. Good after school activities, I joined CC in 2004's season..and glad that I did..I made new friends and met new ones during our meets. There are a lot of great students going to this school. Some I would not want to be friends with. There's no bullying, no voilence, safe school. Very very feel good atmosphere. Everytime I come to school I just feel good. I recommend this school. Your kid is guaranteed to have fun make 'em join CC!!

Posted July 29, 2004
I had three children graduate from Mound Westonka High School and I would never consider going beck and sending them anywhere else. The teachers worked one-on-one and were extremely helpful. It was a small school atmosphere that my children loved. They had an excellent education and great opportunities in sports and other extracurricular activities that followed them into college! There is not a high drop out rate and to my knowledge most of the students do graduate. The students who don't graduate are no different from one's that don't graduate from any highschool and Mound Westonka cannot be blamed for there lack of motivation!

Mound-Westonka High School
5905 Sunnyfield Rd East, Minnetrista, MN  55364
Last modified Mound-Westonka High School is a Public school that serves grades 8-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.