New Hope, MN

Posted April 17, 2014
My kindergartner (2013/14) loves her class. The staff is great, very kind and the learning tools they use these days are fantastic. We also do before/after Adventure club.

Meadow Lake Elementary School 1

Posted March 20, 2014
This has to be the WORST elementary school in the Robbinsdale School District! Parents, do yourselves a favor and avoid this school at all costs!! My son is in the 4th grade and has a teacher who chooses NOT to challenge her students because she is afraid they will be embarrassed or uncomfortable, if they are asked to read aloud in front of others. She gives homework once a week that my child can do within 5-10 minutes and he has NEVER been given a project. There is VERY LITTLE Science, Arts or Social Studies and even though my son has been challenged to read 40 books this year, the teacher lets him read and re-read the same books he was told were to easy for him at the beginning of LAST year. Does this make sense to any of you? The kids in my sons class are constantly acting out: kicking chairs and throwing desks. This school is supposed to have a zero tolerance policy for violence, but this is continually happening and was the same last year. I can't believe we have let this go so long. His first two years at Meadow Lake were okay,his first and second grade teacher were by far better quality then his 3rd and 4th grade teachers have been. So do yourself a favor and look elsewhere

Posted September 28, 2010
I went to school here, for my 4th and 5th grades , and have wonderful experiences with the teachers I had. Miss. Gunter and Mrs. Platzke made learning fun and interesting, and I hope one day to see them again and thank them fir making me a lover of life long learning!!

Meadow Lake Elementary School 0

Posted February 17, 2010
My daughters test scores have went from 'high' to 'Low Avg' since entering Meadowlake for the 09-10 school year. I really feel that the teacher has been teaching for TOO LONG and needs a break. The teacher is unhappy, unfriendly and not a good communicator. I am exploring other school options.

Posted November 14, 2008

Meadow Lake Elementary School 5

Posted August 02, 2007
This score certainly doesn't reflect our experience. Our children have been top scorers on state tests, the teachers are incredible, and the fine arts have been great.

Posted January 18, 2006
My son is in 2nd grade here, and so far, the staff, teachers, etc, that he has dealt with, are great! very handy having adventure club (daycare), right in the school as well! the principle, mr calhoun, is fantastic!

Posted December 09, 2005

Meadow Lake Elementary School
8525 62nd Ave North, New Hope, MN  55428
Last modified Meadow Lake Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Meadow Lake Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top