Oakdale, MN

Posted September 19, 2013
I have a second grader and kindergartner and have had a wonderful experience with all the staff that we have encountered this far. My second grader is very advanced and has been put into advanced clubs with other peers that are on the same level as him. We love everything about Oakdale Elementary. I also am a firm believer that learning does not stop at the classroom door. Follow thru at home is major and maybe sporting events need to take a break to do so. It seems like now days so many parents are more worried about their kids sporting event then their school grades. I am a very involved parent who sits down with my children every night and do homework before we go to our sporting event. School always comes first ! I would strongly recommend this school!

Oakdale Elementary School 1

Posted February 04, 2013
I AM NOT SATISIFIED BY THE EDUCATION MY 1ST AND 4TH GRADERS ARE GETTING. THE PRE K IS WONDERFUL FOR MY DAUGHTER, BUT MY SONS ARE NOT BEING CHALLENGED OR RECIEVING ENOUGH HELP. AT THE START OF 4TH GRADE MY SON WAS TESTING BEYOND THEIR EXPECTAIONS FOR END OF THE YEAR OF A 5TH GRADER. THE TEACHER DIDNT HAVE MUCH OF A PLAN ON HOW SHE WILL BE CHALLANGING MY SON. THEN MY 1ST GRADER WAS TOP READER AT THE OLD SCHOOL, AND HERE HE ISNT. I FEEL AS THOUGH HE NEEDS MORE HELP THAT THE TEACHER ALSO ISNT GIVING. IM GOING TO BE LOOKING INTO CHANGING SCHOOLS FOR ALL MY CHILDREN. THIS SCHOOL IS FULL OF GHETTO KIDS AND PARENTS WHO HAVE NO ASPIRATIONS TO WELL AND BECOME SUCCESSFUL.

Posted September 15, 2010
My son and I love this school. All the teachers,K-5, and staff(my son is in 2nd grade), know him by name. He adores the staff at Oakdale.

Posted January 05, 2010
Beware, because of the amount of kids in the school. The kids come second. My kid went there before i said enough is enough. She is a vary gifted student and do to class size they were un able to challenge those type of kids, nor did they wont to after many meetings and not getting any where enough is enough. Beware

Posted October 01, 2008
Love the school, teacher's and Mr. Mau the principle is so awesome. My son loves going to school here. I just wish I felt this good about the city of Oakdale itself, and my neighborhood.

Posted September 26, 2008
I am a new parent to this school. I have never met the principal, however I was truly inmpressed when my son who is in 5th grade came home to say that the principal came in and asked him by name how he was doing and how he liked his new school. My son was so happy that he knew him by his name. Thank you for making my son feel important. He still raves about it!

Posted June 21, 2006
The teachers are great and everyone here is really nice. Both my daughters enjoyed this school.

Posted October 20, 2004
I have three children that attend Oakdale Elementary. The close-knit community within the school allows for each child to feel 'a part' of the school family. The teachers are excellent at evaluating each child and working with them to bring out their potential. My kids have loved all of their teachers and have bonded with each of them throughout the years. Mrs. Ahn in the first grade is exceptional. The kids adored Ms. Cavanaugh and continue to talk about her daily. The teachers are very good at communicating with the parents to ensure that the child is getting the best education possible. I recommend Oakdale Elementary to anyone looking for a nurturing enviroment for their child to learn in. Wouldn't trade schools for the world! Thanks for all of your hard work - it hasn't gone unnoticed.

Posted February 26, 2004
My daughter started kindergarten this year and really loves her school and her kindergarten teacher Ms. Whitehill. She has had such a positive experience and has learned so much. I really like the school and everything it has to offer.

821 Glenbrook Ave North, Oakdale, MN  55119
Last modified Oakdale Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oakdale Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top