Orono, MN

Posted June 22, 2009

Hill School 0

Posted May 07, 2009
This school was not a good choice for our child. There was always turmoil happening, either teachers unhappy or leaving, students leaving year to year, closing programs, and behaviorial problems.

Posted March 19, 2009
I am a parent of a Hill School student. We love this little school! The class sizes are very small (15 tops). My daughter receives such individual care and attention. The curriculum is classical and its pretty rigorous. My daughter (and her classmates) are heads above their counterparts at nearby public schools - emotionally and intellectually. This is because Hill School places kids by their ability, not their age. Kids have the opportunity and the support to go as fast and as far as they can. They also place a strong emphasis on values and character education. You will not find a nicer, more respectful group of kids anywhere! The teachers and principal are as good as you can get! They engage my child in learning, they involve me every step of the way. My daughter loves to learn and loves going to school every

Posted February 01, 2009
Our experience of Hill School was positive in several ways. Our child had a great teachers in K through 3rd grade, and the small school environmne was warm, comfortable and 'saf' for him. However we are taking our child to another shool next year, because the academics are not robust enough, especially scienceand math. Very minimal extra-curricular activities.

Posted January 08, 2009

Posted January 08, 2009

Posted December 06, 2008
We would not recommend this school. Our child had friends leave each year. Much teacher turnover even during the school year, student turnover, and leadership changes. Very unpredictable environment without extracurricular options. Some students were not respectful and there were behaviorial problems that went ignored.

Posted October 16, 2008

Posted July 07, 2008
I am a parent of a Hill School student and the results I have seen in my child speak for themselves. My child has grown and devloped immensely within the Hill School program. He's advanced significantly in the time that he has been there. I think this is due to the care and attention of the teachers and staff and excellent curriculum. While I am aware that in the past there may have been some issues with stability, the current staff, director and board are top-notch. Any issues are truly past issues. And as a parent, I am committed to moving forward and working toward continued growth at Hill School. In the end, I think its the parents that malke the difference in shaping the kind of envirornemnt that kids have at school. I can't say enough about what a difference Hill School has made in our son's life.

Posted June 16, 2008
Hill School is a wonderful school where students are challenged and nurtured in a traditional environment that focuses on learning, discipline and manners. All ages get along without cliques and the teachers work hard and make sure each student is at the correct level they need to be at. I have not seen any stability issues with the school and the current director is doing an excellent job.

Hill School