Otsego, MN

Otsego Elementary School 2

Posted March 13, 2014
The staff is very good at brushing things under the rug. They find excuses why they are not to blame for falling test scores and low student performance. Retention has been come a problem for the school as the staff will not take advice on how to correct the issues. Bullying of students is accepted at the school and staff usually blames the victims.

Posted August 08, 2012
This school has done great things and they are "moving forward" as they say. The kids LOVE the school, their teachers and the principal. We couldn't be happier.

Posted September 03, 2011
My child just completed Kindergarten, and is entering first grade. I could not be more thrilled to have my child at OES. The community of OES creates a welcome environment in which the individual needs of both struggling and excelling learners is identified and treated. The every day K teacher is someone for whom I would vote for president and we loved her as much as she loved our child. The reputation OES has earned for the "academic probation" (which everyone knows is a complete policy nightmare passed on from the gov) is not true and I wouldn't want my child at any other school.

Posted June 22, 2011
My special needs child is respected and cared for. His school work is challenging for him and the teachers and assts help but also allow him to be independent. I think this is one of the best things about the school. the kids in the class play with him and include him too. the principle is someone he knows, likes and sees often (but not in a bad way). I think this is a really good school.

Posted June 22, 2011
Otsego Elementary is a fantastic school! Everyone from the teachers to the office staff are superb. They work WITH parents to help every child succeed!!

Posted June 04, 2011
I have had the opposite experience and feel this school goes above and beyond to meet my child's needs. I am involved, read the eagle news and am impressed with the ENTIRE staff. The family support is critical and this school works in partnership with the parents to help all kids, and there are a lot of needs in any public school. As I said, I am IMPRESSED with this school and thankful my children attend here. Thanks to all.

Otsego Elementary School 2

Posted May 27, 2011
If your child needs help and is not a special needs child it is next to impossible to get support from the school. My child was not doing well; I met with the principal and she told me that my child was one who was falling through the cracks. She also said that the school did not have the funding that they needed to help my child and that I should write to my congressman!

Otsego Elementary School 1

Posted April 12, 2011
If you really don't know much about education or have the attitude that "it was good enough for me, so it's good enough for my kids" then this is the school for you. It's an example of what happens when we fail our children...on every academic opportunity.

Otsego Elementary School 1

Posted January 14, 2011
I do NOT like this school!! The principal has rushed me off the phone without listening to my concerns and it has happened too many times.. There have been too many issues we have had with the school.. IF the pricipal cared at all she would listen to what the parents have to say.. I know others that have had issues with her..

Posted September 17, 2010
I love Otsego Elementary and my kids love it too. The teachers are great. The principal is wonderful and so much fun...you can tell she really cares about her students. I'm sad to see such a low GreatSchools.org rating. I know there have been struggles but the staff is doing everything they can to turn that around. I am also happy to say that OES is one of the few elementary schools that has a National Elementary Honor Society Chapter.

Otsego Elementary School
8125 NE River Rd, Otsego, MN  55330
Last modified Otsego Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Otsego Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 60 reviews. Top