Plymouth, MN

Zachary Lane Elementary School 3

Posted August 14, 2011
I love all of the teachers and parents I have gotten to know over the years, but have been very disappointed with some of the administrative staff. As stated in one of the other parent reviews - bullying is a problem. My child has also been bullied, but no effective action has ever been taken. Each occurrence was treated as a non-issue in my opinion. As well, a few of the main office employees seem to lack common courtesies. And lastly, I do not think (most of) the children are being challenged and pushed to their potential academic and other abilities. I had very high expectations for this school but have been disappointed.

Posted May 25, 2010
We followed principal, Mr. Moberg, from Pilgrim Lane, which closed last year because of budget cuts. He is an excellent leader, and this school just buzzes with energy. There are so many parents volunteering here, it's amazing. Great place!

Posted February 23, 2010
Couldn't have wished for a better environment for our daughter that started full time Kindergarten this year. She absolutely loves it! After preschool at a local Montessori school I have to say we prefer Zachary! Our daughter used to prefer weekends, but not any more. She is always eager to go to school and doesn't want to miss out on any fun. The teachers seem very caring, patient and know how to motivate the kids. Too bad there is only one full time Kindergarten class as I think it could benefit many more children. Hope the coming years will be as pleasurable as this one! Highly recommend it.

Zachary Lane Elementary School 4

Posted April 14, 2008
My Son is currently enrolled in ZLE and has enjoyed his k-3 classes. The chess club is absolutely fantastic as are all the teachers I have been involved with. The one downfall is their lack of commitment for the gifted programs. Next year the kaleidoscope (Advanced) program will be cut. This was sadly the highlight of my bright son s day. Focus on special needs (ADHD) remains but for the talented the resources are drying up.

Posted March 12, 2008

Zachary Lane Elementary School 1

Posted March 07, 2008
While I can say nothing bad about the teachers at this school (they are wonderful) I do however question the administration and there lack of effort in protecting our students while in their care. Our neighboorhood has at least nine children( not to mention other children at the school) who have complained about bullying to have absolutely nothing done. One parent moved all 3 of her children to another school because of this and 2 others have had to start driving their children to school to feel safe. My children will now be moved to another school because of this same problem. I just cannot understand why this school will not do anything to protect our children.

Zachary Lane Elementary School 0

Posted January 22, 2008
This is a great school for any child. The kids here are very polite and friendly to new students. I have 3 kids at Zachary Lane they love the teachers and school overall. Even, though its part of a school district that has some middle school trouble, I feel my kids are safe here

Zachary Lane Elementary School 1

Posted January 11, 2008

Posted January 18, 2006

Zachary Lane Elementary School 0

Posted February 06, 2005
I have two children who attended Zachary Lane and one who is presently enrolled. I think that Zachary has provided them all with an excellent education. The level of parent involvement is very good and the school is run by a very competent principal. Zachary has top quality chess club with over 100 players. My children have all enjoyed their time there and have all gotten a top quality education.

Zachary Lane Elementary School
4350 Zachary Ln, Plymouth, MN  55442
Last modified Zachary Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Zachary Lane Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top