Bad
Good

Zachary Lane Elementary (ZLE) has fantastic teachers and administration committed to their students excelling in the classroom and as individuals. The families that attend ZLE have a great sense community and are very supportive of the school. The children are excited and motivated to come to school each day! I highly recommend ZLE!

I love all of the teachers and parents I have gotten to know over the years, but have been very disappointed with some of the administrative staff. As stated in one of the other parent reviews - bullying is a problem. My child has also been bullied, but no effective action has ever been taken. Each occurrence was treated as a non-issue in my opinion. As well, a few of the main office employees seem to lack common courtesies. And lastly, I do not think (most of) the children are being challenged and pushed to their potential academic and other abilities. I had very high expectations for this school but have been disappointed.

We followed principal, Mr. Moberg, from Pilgrim Lane, which closed last year because of budget cuts. He is an excellent leader, and this school just buzzes with energy. There are so many parents volunteering here, it's amazing. Great place!

Couldn't have wished for a better environment for our daughter that started full time Kindergarten this year. She absolutely loves it! After preschool at a local Montessori school I have to say we prefer Zachary! Our daughter used to prefer weekends, but not any more. She is always eager to go to school and doesn't want to miss out on any fun. The teachers seem very caring, patient and know how to motivate the kids. Too bad there is only one full time Kindergarten class as I think it could benefit many more children. Hope the coming years will be as pleasurable as this one! Highly recommend it.

My Son is currently enrolled in ZLE and has enjoyed his k-3 classes. The chess club is absolutely fantastic as are all the teachers I have been involved with. The one downfall is their lack of commitment for the gifted programs. Next year the kaleidoscope (Advanced) program will be cut. This was sadly the highlight of my bright son s day. Focus on special needs (ADHD) remains but for the talented the resources are drying up.

While I can say nothing bad about the teachers at this school (they are wonderful) I do however question the administration and there lack of effort in protecting our students while in their care. Our neighboorhood has at least nine children( not to mention other children at the school) who have complained about bullying to have absolutely nothing done. One parent moved all 3 of her children to another school because of this and 2 others have had to start driving their children to school to feel safe. My children will now be moved to another school because of this same problem. I just cannot understand why this school will not do anything to protect our children.

This is a great school for any child. The kids here are very polite and friendly to new students. I have 3 kids at Zachary Lane they love the teachers and school overall. Even, though its part of a school district that has some middle school trouble, I feel my kids are safe here

Last modified Zachary Lane Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.