Bad
Good

caring teachers, great sense of "community, character, and compassion" with the new principal leading engaging whole-school lessons at monthly assemblies, wonderful nature area with students planting and caring for trees...excellent music teacher who is a master educator and motivator - getting 1st graders to understand, apply, and enjoy learning notation and intervals (through fun clapping activities and movement-based musical activities with relevant and artistic props) - and she then runs a great choir for the upper grades; this jives well with the annual upper-grade musical planned in coordination with a local theater company; Mrs. Zufall and Miss Wilkens are excellent in particular - loved our experience at Birchview!

Birchview Elementary School is a great school. The techers do not pretent to their students. The students are taught the right lessons. They are a very good role model for our children and the next generation in our school disrtict. we want to keep teachers like them in all of our school system in the entire U.S school system. many thanks to all of you at Birchview. Esther Kamara (Loshiaka's mother)

I have been nothing but pleased with our Birchview expereince. My son has thoroughly enjoyed his first grade and now second grade teachers. The staff is very welcoming and involved. I highly reccomend Birchview. The pod classrooms are not ideal, but our a reality of the financial state of MN. They do an excellent job with the space they have.

Since this is greatschools.org, it's important to point out that Birchview isn't exactly a great school, but rather merely "good" school in a great district. Not every school is equal across the school district, that's why it is really important be involved in your child s academic experience. Albeit, Birchview is blessed with a strong principal (who is credited for making much headway), who is retiring. In addition, they have some very nice teachers. Be warned though, as they teach in pods. That s a nice way of thinking of an open room with four separate classrooms in one room, divided by book shelves. Not only is it loud, but it is very cluttered due to space limitations. Things were hanging from the ceiling and there wasn t an inch of wall space noticeable. The classroom and building is also dark. Not really an environment conducive to learning. There were only two slivers for windows in the classrooms. It s really not where we, let alone our children, would like to be 8 hours a day.

Birchview has excellent teachers and an outstanding principle - in turn they have wonderful students achieving academic excellence. I wish more schools in our nation could do all the great things that Birchview is doing!

My son attended this school only to have the kindergarten teacher constantly questioning my son of my parenting then getting other parties involved especially outside sources. I understand the concerns the teacher may have had, but my son was traumatized by their actions.

When relocating to MN, I personally interviewed 13 different schools, 7 principals, and narrowed it down to 2 - then instructing my realtor to find a house by one of them, ending with a purchase a few blocks from Birchview. I am so happy with the staff, the curriculum, the pod setting, the WPS resources, and the location. This is a community that values education!

My grandson attends this school. I have visited his classroom and think they have wonderful teachers.

Last modified Birchview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.