Plymouth, MN

Posted March 25, 2014
We moved our kids from a college-prep school to GW and couldn't be happier with our decision. We left based on cost and that our children weren't challenged. We are very impressed with the teachers and how they adapt the classroom curriculum to the classrooms varying capabilities. We agree that not all the teachers are equal in capabilities however the worst at GW is as good or better than the average teacher at the prep school we had previously attended. The gifted program is also a nice plus (Vision 21) with the new teacher taking a great program and improving on it. In short, all of our children are challenged and thriving. It was interesting to read the posts that were critical of the principal. Our interactions have been very positive and we find him very open and approachable. Our kids love him and how he eats with them at lunch or plays with them during recess. We couldn't imagine a better environment for our family.

Posted March 20, 2014
We have only good thing to say about this school. very happy with Mrs. Hampre for 2nd grade

Greenwood Elementary School 2

Posted November 25, 2013
We had a problem with one of the teachers not returning our emails or phone calls and approached the Principal, Brad Gustafson. He not only didn't listen to us, he disagreed with us about our issue. We heard how great this school was when moving here but we have quickly become discouraged with this school and the leadership. We have had some trouble with a few teachers but most have been good if not great. If I could, I would rate a zero star on the Principal leadership.

Greenwood Elementary School 2

Posted August 13, 2013
The teachers are hit or miss. One of the Kindergarten teachers is awful. Pretty sure she doesn't even like children. She should've retired years ago.

Posted August 12, 2013
Most of the teachers at Greenwood are excellent. We have had a wonderful experience over the past 3 years at Greenwood.

Posted November 02, 2012
Not up to Wayzata district standards. The principal is nice, but not very good at running the school. He is new, but in my opinion, not up to the job. The teacher quality has decreased since he took over, and nothing is being done about the incompetent teachers. I agree with previous posts, most of the teachers are EXCELLENT, but there a few bad apples, one of them just moved from a part time position last year to a full time classroom just this year. This school also fails advanced students.

Posted July 15, 2012
I moved to this city just for the school and was greatly disappointed. The year after we came to this school the principal retired and they hired someone who could not stand up to bullies and protect the innocent children. As soon as a bully gave him trouble he backed down and decided that no bullying had ever occured. After almost two years we gave up and moved my daughter to a private school. Not worth the trouble! They should hire someone that can stand up to a 10 year old!

Posted April 30, 2012
I totally agree. We moved into this school district on purpose, to get a great education. My son's 2nd grade teacher is a total waste. He loved school in K and 1st. Now, every day is a total mess. At first we thought it was us (at home). Then, we did some digging. Our son was well liked in his previous school, his coaches like him, and his after school program likes him, his camp counselor from summer day camp liked him. Evey the lunch ladies take me aside to tell me this kid is nice. Yep rotten ROTTEN teacher. The other dads and moms think she is a complete joke. Everyone says that you simple have to survive her and get to the better teachers later. Let's hope so. Otherwise, I REALLY made a mistake in moving into this district. Yuck.

Posted January 22, 2012
This is a great school. Mrs Bradsher - the Vision 21 teacher- is excellent. She goes above and beyond, and does what ever is necessary to help my child learn. The school has changed since there was leadership switch .. I am hopeful that things will continue to grow but I am nervous about the principal.

Greenwood Elementary School 0

Posted January 09, 2010
I have a third grader and a K student at Greenwood. We lived in the city before our kids went to school and choose between Edina and Wayzata school districts. We just happen to find a house in Wayzata District. I have been very happy with Greenwood. I feel some teachers are excellent and some are good. We have yet to have a teacher that I don't like. There is a TON of parent involvement and the school is VERY welcoming to parents that want to help in the classroom or eat lunch with their kids. I was an elementary teacher before staying at home and I think I have high standards for my kids school experience. I am very happy with Greenwood.

Greenwood Elementary School
18005 Medina Rd, Plymouth, MN  55447
Last modified Greenwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Greenwood Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 17 reviews. Top