Posted November 10, 2012
To whoever said the Wayzata school district is going downhill-- This is just not true. They are expanding the elementary schools, and are considering an expansion on the high school. Every student will be getting an iPad in the coming years, as well as other technological advances in the many schools. Now. Back to the high school. Wayzata High School is amazing. Because of it's immense size, there is a huge variety of classes offered, far more than the average high school. I actually am sad because I will not be able to take all the classes I want--there are so many that look good, and only four years. There are also different levels of nearly every required class, allowing for students to be challenged if they wish. There are also a wide range of activities offered, and everyone can find some sort of club to join. It's really easy to get around, everything is laid out very nicely and logically. For the most part, the teachers are good. Some are better than others, but I've had mostly good ones. There is a school-wide policy on late work, tardies, and absences. The counselors are helpful in making class switches, and probably other things too. All in all, a great school.

Wayzata High School 1

Posted November 02, 2012
While the school is currently in decent shape, the Wayzata School District is quickly going downhill. For anyone considering our "great schools", I would warn you that you may not get what you pay for. If I could afford it, I would sell my house and move to a district without outrageous house prices and use the savings to send my children to a district that's not falling apart.

Posted May 08, 2012
Wayzata High School! Where does one start? Probably the BEST high school in the state of Minnesota. Academically, it is tailored to meet the needs of any student that walks through the doors and past the Trojan Head, from developmentally disabled to ultra-braniac. The special education programs have been ranked very well, and the school is able to challenge academically capable students with over 26 AP Courses and 1 AP Pilot course. The sports are some of the best in the state; cross country and track haven't lost a state tournament in the recent past, football has won state 3 out of the 5 past years, boys and girls golf have both won state in 2011. WHS offers many sports. In addition to sports, Wayzata also offers dozens of extracurricular activities which it has performed very well in, such as Speech, Debate, Marching Band, DECA, BPA, YES, KMO, Student Council, and many others. The only complaints one could have is that the school is very cliquey, but this diminishes as one progresses through the school and that the presence of drug use is high. Despite this, Wayzata High School has proved to be one of the best schools in the nation in all areas. I am proud to be a Trojan.

Posted April 29, 2012
Wayzata Sr. High continues where the Middle School left off. Though an incredibly huge school, they are able to create a small school atmosphere. My student is challenged and there are programs such as AVID to challenge the student when they do not live up to their potential. Programs like this are so important for our late bloomers not to miss out. Hopefully AVID and the other incredible resources will continue to be at Wayzata to challenge and create amazing students. Wayzata is for all students, not just those who excel from the get go. GO TROJANS - YOU ROCK!!!

Posted August 24, 2010
Wayzata is truely an amazing school!!! I just graduated this year (2010) and I had the best 4 years of my life. I loved the big school atmosphere because there was something for everyone from class selections to extracurriculars. Also, if you got sick of some friends, there were always other people. The academics were fantastic!! Even though it is really competitive I think it taught me that it doesn't matter if I had the best test score in the class, it only matters if I did the best that I could do. I learned so much from the competitive nature of this school. Teachers vary from outstanding to decent. I learned so much from this school that I do not believe I could have learned from any other school. I am proud to have graduated from Wayzata and I will always be a Trojan at heart.

Posted July 30, 2009

Posted July 12, 2009

Posted July 11, 2009
I am a graduate of the Class of 2008. My family moved to Wayzata schools from Osseo during my elementary school days specifically because Wayzata's quality of education is so high. Wayzata offered me opportunities that kids in many other schools couldn't dream of; the diversity of AP options is (almost) unmatched, and the school did I wonderful job of trying to prevent boredom or tedium. I have several friends who attend Ivies and report that many of their intro level classes are only as challenging as their high school courses, and I was offered so many AP classes that I was able to start at a large public university as a junior, credit-wise. Can I make an objective case for Wayzata over, say, Eden Prairie or Minnetonka? Probably not. But overall Wayzata excels.

Wayzata High School 1

Posted June 22, 2009

Wayzata High School 4

Posted January 15, 2009
I've one child at WHS and know several others due to my job as a tutor. The bright kids at WHS do exceptionally well, as other reviewers have noted. The average kids who work, also do very well. The average kids who refuse to study, won't do well. The below average kids however, are not served as well as they should be---I tutor some of these, remember, and while they do have a Resource Center, pull-outs for tests, and incredibly involved Spec Ed teachers, IMHO I believe that the LD kids (those who will be competing with the 'normal' learners for jobs in the real world, not the Down Syndrome who will be sheltered) , the LD kids are not having the Attitude that they CAN learn and be brilliant at something... the LD kids are being told, you can go to Vocational School. Not good enough!

Wayzata High School
4955 Peony Ln North, Plymouth, MN  55446
Last modified Wayzata High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wayzata High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 21 reviews.