Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Most are great, the best around! I've had a son who has preferred one teacher over another, but I think they are all doing well.

Amount of homework: Agree

There is a lot and with full courses being taught in the half year block, if your yearlong schedule isn't balanced, there may be times when the homework is overwhelming. However, often the longer block classes gives the chance for in class help before you have to battle through work on your own. This is college prep, not middle school.

This is a top notch, rigorous high school that does well to prepare students for college. It's big enough to have an assortment of meaningful electives so that while students are studying hard they can also take great classes that interest them.

Terrible staff and is cliquiest school I've ever been to. Teachers want students to test well just to get good feedback and keep their jobs. This school doesn't take serious situations to heart and always blames you for any problems you may have. I've only had two techers that I will ever remember and respect for the rest of my time, the others didn't care or have any intrest in teaching. In general, students are non inclusive and very judgemental. It's rare to find decent people to befriend.

Wayzata is a great school. As much as I complained when I went there, now being in a different (worse) school adds some perspective. There are so many opportunities at Wayzata, so many honors and AP classes, so many clubs, and a fairly diverse student body. Whether you're a genius, an average student, a below average student, an artistic kid, a theater geek, or a tech nerd, there's a place for you. Although, yes, there are "cliques," which are to be expected at any high school, I found people to be generally very nice and inclusive. The administration was very helpful and accommodating as well. I went through some health issues when I was a sophomore, and all of my teachers and other administration were SO nice and understanding. It's also a very LGBT+ friendly school, which is great. Although most teachers were just average teachers, several of them were amazing. I had very few problems with Wayzata, them being the early start time, sometimes ridiculous workload, and a couple terrible teachers. Honestly, now finishing my senior year at a different school with loads of administration problems and unwelcoming students, I can see just how great Wayzata was.

To whoever said the Wayzata school district is going downhill-- This is just not true. They are expanding the elementary schools, and are considering an expansion on the high school. Every student will be getting an iPad in the coming years, as well as other technological advances in the many schools. Now. Back to the high school. Wayzata High School is amazing. Because of it's immense size, there is a huge variety of classes offered, far more than the average high school. I actually am sad because I will not be able to take all the classes I want--there are so many that look good, and only four years. There are also different levels of nearly every required class, allowing for students to be challenged if they wish. There are also a wide range of activities offered, and everyone can find some sort of club to join. It's really easy to get around, everything is laid out very nicely and logically. For the most part, the teachers are good. Some are better than others, but I've had mostly good ones. There is a school-wide policy on late work, tardies, and absences. The counselors are helpful in making class switches, and probably other things too. All in all, a great school.

While the school is currently in decent shape, the Wayzata School District is quickly going downhill. For anyone considering our "great schools", I would warn you that you may not get what you pay for. If I could afford it, I would sell my house and move to a district without outrageous house prices and use the savings to send my children to a district that's not falling apart.

Wayzata High School! Where does one start? Probably the BEST high school in the state of Minnesota. Academically, it is tailored to meet the needs of any student that walks through the doors and past the Trojan Head, from developmentally disabled to ultra-braniac. The special education programs have been ranked very well, and the school is able to challenge academically capable students with over 26 AP Courses and 1 AP Pilot course. The sports are some of the best in the state; cross country and track haven't lost a state tournament in the recent past, football has won state 3 out of the 5 past years, boys and girls golf have both won state in 2011. WHS offers many sports. In addition to sports, Wayzata also offers dozens of extracurricular activities which it has performed very well in, such as Speech, Debate, Marching Band, DECA, BPA, YES, KMO, Student Council, and many others. The only complaints one could have is that the school is very cliquey, but this diminishes as one progresses through the school and that the presence of drug use is high. Despite this, Wayzata High School has proved to be one of the best schools in the nation in all areas. I am proud to be a Trojan.

Wayzata Sr. High continues where the Middle School left off. Though an incredibly huge school, they are able to create a small school atmosphere. My student is challenged and there are programs such as AVID to challenge the student when they do not live up to their potential. Programs like this are so important for our late bloomers not to miss out. Hopefully AVID and the other incredible resources will continue to be at Wayzata to challenge and create amazing students. Wayzata is for all students, not just those who excel from the get go. GO TROJANS - YOU ROCK!!!

Wayzata is truely an amazing school!!! I just graduated this year (2010) and I had the best 4 years of my life. I loved the big school atmosphere because there was something for everyone from class selections to extracurriculars. Also, if you got sick of some friends, there were always other people. The academics were fantastic!! Even though it is really competitive I think it taught me that it doesn't matter if I had the best test score in the class, it only matters if I did the best that I could do. I learned so much from the competitive nature of this school. Teachers vary from outstanding to decent. I learned so much from this school that I do not believe I could have learned from any other school. I am proud to have graduated from Wayzata and I will always be a Trojan at heart.

Last modified Wayzata High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.