PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

We enrolled our daughter at Providence for second grade, fall of 2014. We are very impressed with this wonderful school. The campus is beautiful but beyond the beauty of the campus is the overwhelming positive attitude that prevails evrywhere from the administration, teachers, coaches to the children, everyone is happy to be going to this school. We have NEVER seen this in a school before. The education is abundant, fast paced but very kind and considerate. Our little second grader is learning so much and so quickly it's like drinking from a fire hose! Yes there is a lot of homework, ( that is a GOOD thing). The school enviroment is family like, with a Catholic Church / chapel on campus providing mass once weekly. Each day starts with the morning prayer followed by school team sports and educational announcements and personal birthday announcements. Bottom line:The GREATEST GIFT a parent can do / give to their child is a GREAT education and this school is the BEST! If you want the BEST for your child ( what parent does not) and you're questioning the quality of education at your present school then we recomend you look at PROVIDENCE ACADEMY you'll be happy you did.

Providence Academy provides a great education for children of all ages. Their motto of Faith, Knowledge and Virtue is clearly present in the student body, faculty and staff.

As a student who graduated this year I can say that I have first-hand experience of how truly incredible this school is. It is very rigorous academically and you will encounter students there that are of a very high caliber. However, one should not be intimidated by this as I have known plenty of people who do not take the high level courses and still excel above the expectations of other students of his or her age. You will also encounter a variety of teachers who are extremely learned in their fields and are committed very deeply to each student's education. As for the faith and virtue aspect of the school, you will be hard pressed to find an institution that will provide better faith formation. the students there are engaged in challenging theology which give reason for faith and help prepare the students to defend it. This school is not concerned primarily with getting a child into a premiere institution (although, if that is what you are looking for there is a great college counseling team which will definitely set you on the right path and help you get into those schools), instead it is focused on the formation of the whole person, a refreshing dissent from the direction of most schools today. I have friends attending Ivy League schools and similar schools, such as Notre Dame, as well as friends who chose to go to smaller institutions. I am confident that each of these individuals has left the school well equipped to handle whatever the future may hold for them. Finally, I found the students at the school to be generally accepting of each other. I never personally saw any instances of children or groups of children who excluded another based on grades or the amount of money their families have. The grades are honestly too small for this to exist on a large scale. Your grade becomes a sort of family since, after all, you do all have to encounter each other on a daily basis. Excluding someone would be exhausting. This is not to say that there is no friction between individuals at times, these are still kids and teenagers in the end, but it is not hard for a child to find a group of accepting, like-minded individuals at Providence Academy. I found this to be true at all grade levels, as I attended from 1st grade through the 12th grade. This is my honest, first-hand experience of PA, and I'm proud to have graduated from there with a first class education.

Simply put, I could not even begin to imagine my children at any other school. We have a child in each the lower, middle and upper schools. Not only are the academics excellent, but Providence goes beyond just book teaching. It teaches the whole person. I truly believe that my children are becoming not only educated in mind, but also in body and soul by attending this school. It is so heart warming to have a school that I not only feel comfortable with, but look forward to sending my children to everyday that teaches and embodies the same values we do in our home. It is not just me and my husband, my children love this school, too. My youngest son is new this year to Providence. Last year he would regularly complain about going to school. He attended a small Catholic school in the town we used to live in (we recently moved from a town and house we loved just to be closer to Providence). This year not only has he not complained, but also asked if he had to miss school for a cold. When I told him no, only if he had a fever, he replied with relief, "oh good!" What a great feeling as a parent!!

We have been a proud Providence Academy family since 2004. Providence Academy is a wonderful and loving learning environment. When you walk down the halls, the kids are all so happy. They all love to learn and you can see that they love their school! The best thing about being at Providence for me is hearing my 10-year-old tell me that she can not wait to get to school in the morning. The faculty, administration and staff are incredible and truly care about my children and my family. When my youngest daughter was in kindergarten at Providence, her teacher promised us in September she would have the children reading by December. When December came, our daughter was reading! Our older daughter, who graduated in 2012, loved all her teachers and to this day still keeps in touch with many of them. She graduated with a scholarship to college as AP Scholar and as a member of the National Honor Society - thanks to the excellent education she received at Providence Academy. We are so blessed to be a Providence family and I highly recommend Providence Academy to any family looking for a great school with great teachers and an excellent curriculum!

I decide to visit a few times and be part of the classes for a few days to see if it was a good school. I regret it as they do have some decent academics, it was not as good as it boasts. Many of the girls are crass and the boys are stuck up. I mean to offend none, but the people there have a odd sense of humor, as in laughing at others and putting them down. Don't waste your money here, other schools like Blake and especially Breck schools are known for being great.

Our family has been at Providence for 10 years. It has truly been the best 10 years! My children don't have a "favorite" teacher because they tell us that they have all been their "favorite". The knowledge, support, compassion and skills of the teachers is top-notch. The curriculum is challenging, in-depth and captivating. Whether it's creative projects, debates or dissections, the students are engaged, excited and knowledgeable in the subject matter. Parents at PA are involved. There's no other way to say it. They support their child, the mission of the school and each other. It is family here. The extracurricular options are countless. There are many Arts and Sports options, volunteer and community service options, and academic clubs. The students here are polite and respectful-that was one of the first things I ever noticed at PA. They are fun, inclusive and enjoy what their school offers. Providence Academy is a blessing to my children and myself. It is a relief to drop my children off each day knowing they are getting the best education, by the best teachers with amazing peers in a faith-filled environment.

I love the elementary school. The teachers are loving, and kids are happy. There is no tolerance for bullying. Academically the school does a excellent job.

We currently have two lower school children that attend Providence. We looked at several private, parochial and public schools before choosing PA for our kids. We are a non-Catholic family of two working parents and both must work to afford school here. Every year when the tuition bill comes, we discuss if it still makes sense, as this is definitely a sacrifice. We periodically tour other schools and every time, we are pleasantly reminded that PA is indeed worth the sacrifice. The school community works hard to teach our kids how to be good, well rounded human beings through a challenging curriculum, small class sizes, high caliber teachers, a focus on virtues, a faith foundation, etc. Yes it's strict, but I have not felt that the strictness has in any way taken away from my children's spirit or personality. I feel like the strictness is probably what used to be normal in schools, but sadly many have gotten away from. I m okay with my kids learning to walk quietly in halls, learning how to greet parents, respecting their desk space (keeping it clean), etc. PA feels to us like an extension of what we teach (or want to teach) at home. And our kids love it ;)

PA has been a fantastic school for our child. It has both the strong academics and faith formation components we were looking for in a school. We visited many other public and private schools prior to making a decision, and while Providence was not the closest in proximity to our home, it has not disappointed on any level. The teachers are extremely helpful and caring. Our son felt very welcomed as a new student last year and made friends quickly. Not only has he learned a great deal in the classroom, but we have also observed an increased interest in his spirituality and an improved work ethic as well. Our adolescent child is emerging into a young man of integrity, and we are so grateful to Providence Academy for maintaining expectations of behavior and study which support our Christian values. Our teenager actually looks forward to attending school each day. What a gift this school has been to him and to our entire family. I know he will be reaping the benefits of this education for years to come.

Last modified Providence Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12