Plymouth, MN
Before care: Yes

Posted November 04, 2014
Our family has been at Providence for 10 years. It has truly been the best 10 years! My children don't have a "favorite" teacher because they tell us that they have all been their "favorite". The knowledge, support, compassion and skills of the teachers is top-notch. The curriculum is challenging, in-depth and captivating. Whether it's creative projects, debates or dissections, the students are engaged, excited and knowledgeable in the subject matter. Parents at PA are involved. There's no other way to say it. They support their child, the mission of the school and each other. It is family here. The extracurricular options are countless. There are many Arts and Sports options, volunteer and community service options, and academic clubs. The students here are polite and respectful-that was one of the first things I ever noticed at PA. They are fun, inclusive and enjoy what their school offers. Providence Academy is a blessing to my children and myself. It is a relief to drop my children off each day knowing they are getting the best education, by the best teachers with amazing peers in a faith-filled environment.

Posted April 17, 2014
I love the elementary school. The teachers are loving, and kids are happy. There is no tolerance for bullying. Academically the school does a excellent job.

Posted May 30, 2013
We currently have two lower school children that attend Providence. We looked at several private, parochial and public schools before choosing PA for our kids. We are a non-Catholic family of two working parents and both must work to afford school here. Every year when the tuition bill comes, we discuss if it still makes sense, as this is definitely a sacrifice. We periodically tour other schools and every time, we are pleasantly reminded that PA is indeed worth the sacrifice. The school community works hard to teach our kids how to be good, well rounded human beings through a challenging curriculum, small class sizes, high caliber teachers, a focus on virtues, a faith foundation, etc. Yes it's strict, but I have not felt that the strictness has in any way taken away from my children's spirit or personality. I feel like the strictness is probably what used to be normal in schools, but sadly many have gotten away from. I m okay with my kids learning to walk quietly in halls, learning how to greet parents, respecting their desk space (keeping it clean), etc. PA feels to us like an extension of what we teach (or want to teach) at home. And our kids love it ;)

Posted March 25, 2013
PA has been a fantastic school for our child. It has both the strong academics and faith formation components we were looking for in a school. We visited many other public and private schools prior to making a decision, and while Providence was not the closest in proximity to our home, it has not disappointed on any level. The teachers are extremely helpful and caring. Our son felt very welcomed as a new student last year and made friends quickly. Not only has he learned a great deal in the classroom, but we have also observed an increased interest in his spirituality and an improved work ethic as well. Our adolescent child is emerging into a young man of integrity, and we are so grateful to Providence Academy for maintaining expectations of behavior and study which support our Christian values. Our teenager actually looks forward to attending school each day. What a gift this school has been to him and to our entire family. I know he will be reaping the benefits of this education for years to come.

Providence Academy 4

Posted February 04, 2013
As a graduate, I still greatly value my PA education, and the lasting bonds and connections that have been formed. There has been a lot of criticism about the lack of financial aid, which is a mixed bag. The school offers so, so much to its students that while high, the price tag is not unreasonable. This does set it apart, however, from other Catholic school options whose modes are affordability for as many people as possible! Take it or leave it. This does help explain some of the complaints about "brand names" etc... which are legitimate, but I think it comes with the territory. Yes, children do notice the difference between $25.00 and $150.00 mary jane shoes! :) I noticed it while I was there, but survived just fine. Nobody ostracized me because I didn't wear Uggs. All in all, the education is phenomenal, they teach the Truth and don't apologize, and students go on to do great things (they are a college-prep school through and through). While I do think there are other great options if you are looking for an affordable Catholic school, PA is a great opportunity if you can afford it! I wouldn't change it for anything.

Providence Academy 1

Posted March 14, 2012
Not a school that is holy at all - will pull my child out soon. Very capitalistic and for those that want a school for "show". There are other Catholic schools that welcome new or returning students with open arms, and other schools that are just as good, if not better, academically. Also schools that offer those who are not wealthy an opportunity for their children to attend, regardless of their economic backgrounds. Very disappointing to say the least. Teachers (with the exception of one outstanding one!) are just so-so, not a school worth $13,000-$15,000 a year AT ALL. Save your money for college! We are sorry we wasted so much money there.

Posted September 23, 2011
I can't say enough good things about Providence Academy. Our children have been there for nine years and they love it. I'm proud that the school strives to raise the next generation of leaders and doesn't apologize for demanding individual responsibility from it's students.

Providence Academy 4

Posted December 07, 2010
My daughter loves Providence Academy. The uniforms are nice and don't distract the students during the day. Kids are kids anywhere but I believe Providence really takes their mission to educate our kids seriously. My daughter is the reason why she's going there - she wanted to be around other kids who were interested in learning. Cliques are every. People are people. We've found PA to be a very supportive, caring environment.

Posted March 13, 2010
PA is neither cliquey nor snotty, nor are the girls permitted to wear high heels. All students wear a school uniform so there are no brand name issues either - some people should get their facts straight! The faculty and parents/students share a very warm and welcoming environment based on the Catholic faith.Students hug each other,hold doors open for teachers/parents and are polite. PA works on a challenging curriculum and not all kids /or parents can keep up the pace. Our 2 kids are very happy here and we have made some genuine friends here,so PA is a great match for us.

Providence Academy 2

Posted March 03, 2010
After six years at this school, my son has ASKED to leave. This is the only school he has ever known, but it has changed so much in the last six years that he is no longer happy and wants to move on. My daughter that has been there for four years - exact same opinion. Her classmates are mean, and while some of the teachers first class there are some that are absolutely awful yet remain there year after year despite parent complaints and objections. The administration does not care to hear the complaints that parents have as they are convinced they know it all, and are so perfect they couldn't possibly be doing anything wrong. While we have the money to continue at this school, and our kid's grades are great, we will take them to a more positive environment next year!

Providence Academy