Bad
Good

Richfield Stem School 3

Posted October 27, 2014
We've been at Stem for three years with my oldest son now 8 years old and in 3rd grade, now that I know. I likely wouldn't recommend this school to another african-american parent. The MCA test scores are at a D level for african-american boys, and this appears part of what continues to add to the acheivement gap. They have a really hard time teaching diverse students. We are very involved in the PTO, homework, and in-class business, and I found it refreshing that the teacher will text me if he's off task. It's in excess, and weekly I'm suggesting new things to keep him on task. I'm working awfullly hard to get him up to speed after we found out that last years scores in math dropped at the end of the year and he didn't get extra help. Now that he qualifies for the extra help its back pedaling during the first part of this year. I hope this helps someone else, because were frustrated with it every year and it now looks like we're not the only ones judging from the scores and the other african-american parents opinions.

Richfield Stem School 4

Posted April 22, 2013
My son has issues with ADHD and I'm very impressed on how they handle him. The staff is so kind and caring to me and my son. I would recommend this school.

Richfield Stem School

Posted February 24, 2010
My daughter started attending last fall. She has chnaged drastic and I have no complaints about the staff or other students. Its been a great experience for us. I will I had of changed her sooner.

Richfield Stem School 5

Posted March 08, 2007
Exemplary teaching and enthusiasm. Diversity is embraced by students and staff alike. My children in grades 3 & 5 are doing extremely well. There is an abundance of Title 1 programs for the academically challenged, as well as an abundance of Gifted & Talented programs also. The staff appears to be well coordinated with the Principal & Assistant Principal and the communication is excellent. The diversity is so well handled that my children do not even consider ethnicity of the other students. We are Caucasian, non-Hispanic and my children don't even think about the ethnicity of the other students. They're just other students & friends, in my kids' minds. I am extremely happy with this school & this school district. Parent involvement is about average, could be a little higher, but then again, a lot of these parents are working several jobs to get by.

Richfield Stem School 3

Posted March 12, 2006
School lacks sufficient funding for classroom materials, leaving talented staff frustrated and apologetic to families. Parent involvement is average, special education services are poorly coordinated. Good school spirit and fun principal, but too many complaining staff and backbiting to feel comfortable there as a parent. Not enough minority role models to teach this diverse population.

Richfield Stem School
7020 12th Ave South, Richfield, MN  55423
Last modified Richfield Stem School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.