Bad
Good

I am a former student at RMS. I would say this school is average, but there are a few problems w/ it. The students can get very mean, building is somewhat small and old, students don't care about there schoolwork. On the other hand, the teachers are GREAT, they do their best work, really care about their students & job, staff is great, teachers. The students though are just out of control. They even need security and officers there! But they have excellent programs & classes. This school needs improvement with students.

My daughter had been going here for 3 months, And she got bullied the first grade. I could not imagine how many bullies this school has! This school is very poor it's teaching is very poor! I have moved to richfield this fall from eagan. And to be honest I miss eagan , it's schools were very HIGH compared to richfield! My daughter is gonna quit now and got back to eagan!

My son goes to school there and the teachers are great.

This school is great! i love the teachers so much. i also love the studies.

This school has been great for my daughter. The staff is very involved and we have had no complaints.

I really enjoy the teachers at the middle school and I have to say they do not have the best ages to teach. I do think a lot of the students that attend must not have good parents as roll models. It just seems that the kids are really mean and bully's at this school.

Having had one son go through RF middle school and two daughters currently we cannot imagine too many schools that are worse! Both of our daughters will be attending other schools next fall. The accountability by teachers of students is poor nearly clear across the board. Conferences are nearly a waste of time as they are so politically correct and sugar coated. Students are allowed to use the phone in some classes while teachers are teaching. Multiple bath room breaks are allowed and disruption of class by students seems to be a common place. The academic rigors are hardly that; homework is easy and there is not much of it. Assignments can be repeatedly turned in late for full credit. The ability of this school in our opinion to prepare children for their academic futures is poor; perhaps worse then that.

This is my sons 2nd year at Richfield Middle School. I agree, the staff are very supportive and seem to genuinely care about the students success. They have a great anti bully program as well. I was sold when they invited the community, staff and parents to attend a bullying workshop. They offer a wide variety of intramural sports and although my son is not an athlete per say, he loves the archery. Great way to make new friends and still be involved.

Last modified Richfield Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.