Bad
Good

My 3 children had the pleasure of attending Harriet Bishop. After moving from another school in Rochester to Bishop we were pleasantly surprised. The teachers are fantastic. They not only taught the kids but they genuinely cared about them too. My kids thoroughly enjoyed going there. They cater for students needing extending but also for those needing a bit of help. Class sizes are about ~ 26 which is a great size. I would thoroughly recommend Bishop to anyone who wants their kids to have a good and happy education.

I grew up in a rural area, and swore to myself that if I ever had a child I would NEVER send them to a Rochester school. Well, guess what? My son ended up going to Harriet Bishop. I couldn't have been more pleased. I loved the way they tought the kids. I loved that the school taught them about "life lessons". He had some of the greatest teachers of all time in my opinion. I loved the "small town" feeling I had just being in the school. The classroom size seemed appropriate, the conferences were very thourough. The teachers not only taught my son, they taught me as well. I will never forget the teacher that told us, "your son is now in 5th grade, it's time for HIM to be responsible for making sure his homework is done...it's not up to you to remind him to do his homework" My son continues to thrive in the Rochester School System. He is now going into his first year of high school. Thank you Harriet Bishop for sending my child down a successful path and giving him the tools to do so well. Keep up the great work!

With one child just having finished 6 years at Bishop, and another ready to start his third year, we have been extremely pleased with this school. From a principal who knows EVERY child's name to a PTA that actively sponsors activities, I don't know what else we could hope for.

We love Harriet Bishop. It is a nice size so teachers and students know each other. Great neighborhood school!!!

Last modified Bishop Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.