Posted August 01, 2013
My 3 children had the pleasure of attending Harriet Bishop. After moving from another school in Rochester to Bishop we were pleasantly surprised. The teachers are fantastic. They not only taught the kids but they genuinely cared about them too. My kids thoroughly enjoyed going there. They cater for students needing extending but also for those needing a bit of help. Class sizes are about ~ 26 which is a great size. I would thoroughly recommend Bishop to anyone who wants their kids to have a good and happy education.

Posted August 11, 2011
I grew up in a rural area, and swore to myself that if I ever had a child I would NEVER send them to a Rochester school. Well, guess what? My son ended up going to Harriet Bishop. I couldn't have been more pleased. I loved the way they tought the kids. I loved that the school taught them about "life lessons". He had some of the greatest teachers of all time in my opinion. I loved the "small town" feeling I had just being in the school. The classroom size seemed appropriate, the conferences were very thourough. The teachers not only taught my son, they taught me as well. I will never forget the teacher that told us, "your son is now in 5th grade, it's time for HIM to be responsible for making sure his homework is done...it's not up to you to remind him to do his homework" My son continues to thrive in the Rochester School System. He is now going into his first year of high school. Thank you Harriet Bishop for sending my child down a successful path and giving him the tools to do so well. Keep up the great work!

Bishop Elementary School 4

Posted August 10, 2011
With one child just having finished 6 years at Bishop, and another ready to start his third year, we have been extremely pleased with this school. From a principal who knows EVERY child's name to a PTA that actively sponsors activities, I don't know what else we could hope for.

Bishop Elementary School 0

Posted March 17, 2010
We love Harriet Bishop. It is a nice size so teachers and students know each other. Great neighborhood school!!!

Posted December 19, 2005
- a former student
I have nothing but good things to share about my experience at Bishop Elementary. This school houses a staff that is involved with their students in a positive and inspiring way.

Posted June 15, 2005
We found Bishop Elementary to be an excellent choice for our children. Bishop's Principal, Diane Dodge, is completely involved and she genuinely cares about each and every student. The teachers are great! They really get to know the students and they offer honest and fair feedback. The PTSA does a great job. I would have like to see more involvement of the parents.

Bishop Elementary School 2

Posted June 03, 2005
I am opting for open enrollment for the 2005-2006 school year. The administration and teachers have NO patience or respect for thier students but yet expect it in return. My children have had several problems with their teachers over disciplining them for small things such as giggling when a fellow student tells them something funny during 'free time', which is used for reading or quietly working on homework with a partner. I have just had my share of the the program and I am pulling my children out.

Bishop Elementary School 1

Posted February 02, 2005
We are looking to send our children elsewhere. My child was labled with attention deficit disorder in second grade by his teacher. Two psychologists have said he does not have this disorder. But the label continues to stick and follow him from grade to grade. I am dreading our daughter starting school there next year, as I fear she will also be labled, even though she has a much different personality. So we are looking into private schools now.

Bishop Elementary School
406 36th Ave NW, Rochester, MN  55901
Last modified Bishop Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bishop Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top