Rochester, MN

Posted May 07, 2014
My daughter is in kindergarten with Mrs Lamb at Elton Hills elementary school. We have been very happy with the school and impressed with her teacher. There has been great communication between the school and parents and students and through the parent-student-teacher conferences I have gained a clear understanding of where my daughter is up to- her achievements to date and what is expected for her year level/the rest of the year.

Posted July 14, 2013
Elton HIlls is a great small school (compared to others in the district) and the teachers really care. Our two kids went there K-5 and I volunteered several times a week as needed. I was involved there for 9 years total.Wonderful blend of cultures too which gives any young person a good social basis for the future.

Elton Hills Elementary School 4

Posted October 11, 2011
We have absolutely loved Elton Hills and our childrens' experiences there. The principal, Paul Ehling, is absolutely one of the best principals I have worked with. He shows genuine concern for the children and works well with the staff and parents. The teachers are caring and hard working and easy to work with also. I feel like my children are attending a haven in the middle of a chaotic world. The scores may not be the highest in the city but they have excellent supplements for children who are excelling and need a challenge.

Posted January 21, 2007

Posted May 27, 2005
I agree completely with the previous reviewer. Elton Hills is an excellent school with caring teachers and a dedicated principal. (The principal really does know the names of each of the 400+ students!) Students of all levels have their academic needs met. If anything, the high achieving students could do with a little more challenge, but this is more of a district-wide funding challenge, rather than an issue that Elton Hills is facing alone. The staff welcomes and encorages parent involvement. The school also has a very strong PTSA which organizes and funds numerous additional opportunities for the students, including many enrichment offerings. My children are very happy there and we couldn't ask for anything more.

Posted April 19, 2004
We love Elton Hills Elementary! The staff at Elton Hills is second to none. They are unified in their approach, and are committed to excellence in education. I've been very impressed with Diane Trisko's leadership and her personal involvement in the school. She takes the time to know every one of her students by name. She attends every event, and truly cares about every individual at the school (staff and students alike). Thank you, Elton Hills, for a wonderful elementary school experience! We will be moving to the Twin Cities this summer. I pray that we find a school that comes close to Elton Hills. We'll miss all of you very much!

Elton Hills Elementary School
1421 Elton Hills Dr NW, Rochester, MN  55901
Last modified Elton Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Elton Hills Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top