Gage Elementary School 1

Posted August 20, 2013
My daughter will be attending kindergarten 2013-2014 school year. I AM EXTREMELY NERVOUS..! Should I have anything to worry about??? I've been told that the school is "ghetto" as my nephew would phrase . A lot of bullying I was told happens there, can anyone tell me about the school. Please thank you.

Gage Elementary School 5

Posted November 20, 2012
My son is in first grade at Gage and also attended Kindergarten there. He loves the school and so do I. Parents are encouraged to be involved, I can get a hold of his teachers easily through email or notes sent in the folders. The bullying is not an issue, they have cracked down on it and don't tolerate it one bit. I was worried about sending my son there due to all the negative comments but it has truly been a great experience and plan on sending my daughter there when she is school age.

Gage Elementary School 4

Posted June 20, 2011
My son attended Gage K, 1, and 2 (headed to 3rd grade this fall.) and my daughter as a K student this year. I was initially worried after reading bad reviews... however, our experience has been fantastic. My son will be participating in the gifted classes at Gage this fall, and each year has had teachers that have given him extra work/challenge spelling lists and made sure he had additional material to keep him learning and interested. We haven't had any big issues with bullying (there are always a few bothersome kids anywhere you go) but my kids talk a lot about anti-bullying discussions so I am satisfied it is being addressed. We were very impressed with the assistant principal last year (it has since changed) as well as my son's teacher, who both called randomly to see how we were liking the school and looking for suggestions. If you are willing to get involved and be in the classroom, even better. Parents are encouraged and welcomed, but there isn't a lot of parent involvement (seems to be the same few over and over.)

Gage Elementary School 2

Posted November 04, 2010
I have two boys in this school. It is the first year they are at Gage. We will be removing them. The bullying is horrible and nothing seems to be done about it. There is absolutely no communication with teachers. I have emailed both my sons' teachers and 2 weeks later still have not heard from them. Notes in assignments books also go unanswered. Very disappointing for an elementary school!

Gage Elementary School 2

Posted March 12, 2010
My daughter loved her 1st grade teacher at Gage, and thrived academically, however now in 2nd grade bullying is becoming a major issue and no measures are being taken to prevent it. We are thinking about switching her to a different school, which is very unfortunate. She is a very gifted and well mannered child.

Posted October 14, 2009
I have had nothing but problems with Gage school with my son. I

Posted October 14, 2009
Gage school is ok for little girls or the girls. But they Boys have a hard time in this school. I feel that they focus too much on minor behavior issues instead of focusing on teaching the children. I also have seen that the administration is poor in this area as far as dealing with the students.

Gage Elementary School 4

Posted June 26, 2009
My daughter attends Gage Elementary and has loved every year of it so far. She'll be going into the 3rd grade this year and is already looking forward to meeting her new teacher. We have been extremely pleased with all of her teachers and also the amount of diversity this school offers. Last year the students put on an assembly to show off their cultural diversity and I was surprised to see that 37 different cultures are represented. I think it is extremely important for children to be immersed in a diverse environment right away so they learn to accept people for their differences. All in all a wonderful school filled with great teachers!

Posted December 02, 2007
Both my sister and I attend Gage elementary school, there have been lots of changes since I attend school. But Gage is a great school with many amazing teachers who I still stay in contact with. Another plus of Gage is the diversity which is important for all children to see. I'm glad I was able to see diversity from a young age and can now appreicate it more.

Gage Elementary School 5

Posted July 23, 2007
Not only was I put at ease when my daughter started kindergarten, but 1st grade as well. The teachers and staff are kind, caring, understanding, and very supportive. I'm glad I chose Gage for my daughters education.

Gage Elementary School
1300 40th St NW, Rochester, MN  55901
Last modified Gage Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gage Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.