Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)

My daughter attended Gage while our family was in town for medical treatment. My husband and I both work in education and were incredibly impressed with the school. The teacher was wonderful, and the principal was responsive and helpful. We loved the community involvement and events put on by the school as well. We can't say enough good things about this school.

Good school in a safe neighborhood; Good facilities for children to learn, explore and play.

We have had 3 kids attend this school and have been very satisfied. There were one or two teachers that were "so-so" but most have been excellent and several have been absolutely outstanding. This includes a male teacher who inspired my 5th grade son in his studies and an excellent teacher who also once taught with Teach for America. Years ago there was a minor issue of bullying with our eldest in 2nd grade, but the school did a great job at communicating and the problem was resolved. Also that was years ago and they really have cracked down on any bullying at all, it is not tolerated. They also have a behavioral team now if there is a kid with an issue, to help resolve it immediately so the teachers can keep teaching the other students, and we really like their doubling and team teaching approaches. If you are concerned about test scores, be aware this school does a great job teaching but works with kids the private and "choice" schools often don't take in, like ESL students, so they are making greater gains than a simple rating of test scores might make you think. Now they have a Spanish immersion program too for the younger grades. We have really enjoyed our experiences here and would encourage anyone to consider it.

My son is in first grade at Gage and also attended Kindergarten there. He loves the school and so do I. Parents are encouraged to be involved, I can get a hold of his teachers easily through email or notes sent in the folders. The bullying is not an issue, they have cracked down on it and don't tolerate it one bit. I was worried about sending my son there due to all the negative comments but it has truly been a great experience and plan on sending my daughter there when she is school age.

My son attended Gage K, 1, and 2 (headed to 3rd grade this fall.) and my daughter as a K student this year. I was initially worried after reading bad reviews... however, our experience has been fantastic. My son will be participating in the gifted classes at Gage this fall, and each year has had teachers that have given him extra work/challenge spelling lists and made sure he had additional material to keep him learning and interested. We haven't had any big issues with bullying (there are always a few bothersome kids anywhere you go) but my kids talk a lot about anti-bullying discussions so I am satisfied it is being addressed. We were very impressed with the assistant principal last year (it has since changed) as well as my son's teacher, who both called randomly to see how we were liking the school and looking for suggestions. If you are willing to get involved and be in the classroom, even better. Parents are encouraged and welcomed, but there isn't a lot of parent involvement (seems to be the same few over and over.)

I have two boys in this school. It is the first year they are at Gage. We will be removing them. The bullying is horrible and nothing seems to be done about it. There is absolutely no communication with teachers. I have emailed both my sons' teachers and 2 weeks later still have not heard from them. Notes in assignments books also go unanswered. Very disappointing for an elementary school!

My daughter loved her 1st grade teacher at Gage, and thrived academically, however now in 2nd grade bullying is becoming a major issue and no measures are being taken to prevent it. We are thinking about switching her to a different school, which is very unfortunate. She is a very gifted and well mannered child.

I have had nothing but problems with Gage school with my son. I

Gage school is ok for little girls or the girls. But they Boys have a hard time in this school. I feel that they focus too much on minor behavior issues instead of focusing on teaching the children. I also have seen that the administration is poor in this area as far as dealing with the students.

My daughter attends Gage Elementary and has loved every year of it so far. She'll be going into the 3rd grade this year and is already looking forward to meeting her new teacher. We have been extremely pleased with all of her teachers and also the amount of diversity this school offers. Last year the students put on an assembly to show off their cultural diversity and I was surprised to see that 37 different cultures are represented. I think it is extremely important for children to be immersed in a diverse environment right away so they learn to accept people for their differences. All in all a wonderful school filled with great teachers!

Last modified Gage Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.