No rating

Schaeffer Academy

Private | K-12 | 377 students

Living in Rochester

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $126,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $680.

Posted October 11, 2014

I went to this school kindergarten-8th grade. I ended up laving due to being left out and no one wanting to talk to me. It was all good up until 7th grade to i would recommend after elementary school to send your child to public . Because not only will they be able to should their Christian foundations better, your child also will learn the real world and not how schaeffer claims it to be. Schaeffer toward when i left Spring of 2012 was seeming to become catholic and they stress way to high on academics causing me to have panic attacks and leave the school. Also unless your rich or have money, you will get treated like your poor and kids rub in how they are rich and many of the parents are cliche and stuck up. Im grateful for my time at Schaeffer, but i may or may not recommend anyone going there.

Posted April 24, 2014

Schaeffer used to be a great school until public schools put in AP classes and these AP classes can get you college credit if you pass the test! My son has already took one test last year and passed and he is taking four tests this spring. I think as a parent it is more important to have my child excel in math and sciences instead of taking P.E and Bible classes. Yes my family are Christians and we go to church every sunday. My son said on his first day of a public school the kids were more open and he also said that the Schaeffer kids are actually meaner than the public school kids. When my son went to Schaeffer everyone thought that my son was going to get beat up but he never has he has many friends and they all are very polite, Basically the reason we left Schaeffer was that the classes were to easy for him and he took everything honors! Trust me if you want to send your kids to Schaeffer i would think twice before you do so.

Posted March 28, 2014

Schaeffer is a great school that mixes a great education with caring teachers. Students learn the basics as well as latin, music, art and PE from Kindergarten on. Small classes sizes mean they get individual attention from teachers. They will be one of the only schools offering half day Kindergarten in Rochester, MN starting in 2014-2015. Our kids have thrived at Schaeffer.

Posted January 28, 2014

I am a Schaffer academy student. In 1st grade, I found out I had dyslexia, even tho schaeffer does not have a program fro disable or mental, they still helped me through my struggle. This is my first year in secondary (7th grade), everyone treats you so nice and kind. On Fridays my 2 closer friends, an eighth grader, a tenth grader, and I have a bible study. I know how kids say that they hate wearing uniforms, but they are not that bad, I've been wearing them sense 1st grade so it's grown on me. 6th grade was the BEST year ever!!! Mrs. H (teacher) and all the field trips/fun things are so FUN!!! I have a brother in 11th grade and a sister who graduated last year, everyone in my family says it a great school and so do I. My cousin once told me she wished she went to schaeffer cause it sounds fun and the academics are great. This IS a great school to go to.

Posted May 4, 2013

I toured every "choice" school, our neighborhood school and private schools. When I toured Schaeffer I knew I found "the one". I could not believe how advanced the kids were. I urge you to take the time to go to other schools and ask to observe the classroom. You will have a much greater understanding of what I am describing. Our child has been introduced to Latin, writes musical arrangements (including bass and treble clefs), describes musical terminology in detail and has been reading extremely well since early fall. He illustrates his writing, has a firm grasp on math concepts, is able to count money and do addition and subtraction. The art program is amazing (as depicted by the works adorning the halls). Cooperation, caring, empathy, and manners all abound at this school. Every morning, I watch older kids hold the door for my son as he walks into school.

Posted February 3, 2011

Wonderful school. Elementary gives a solid foundation for the kids to master their working habits, Math, English, Science, but most of all for getting the love of learning. Our 4 sons attended/are attending, and the 6th grader just thanked me again this week for him being there and learning so much! Secondary deepens the kids' knowledge and skills in a safe and loving environment, as well as letting them participate in so many sports, plays, and others, as the school is small enough to encourage them without the vicious competition of larger ones. The high caliber standards, as demonstrated in the concerts and plays help the children see their potential and get excited about achieving great things.

Posted April 22, 2010

Schaeffer Academy is an outstanding school for our family. The academics are strong, but not overwhelming - excellent college prep. Good athletics, student life, happy atmosphere on campus.

Posted October 1, 2008

I am still a student at schaeffer and it is amazing. I have been to two other schools and schaeffer passes them by far. Collage students will have an easy time after going to schaeffer.

Posted July 16, 2008

As a former student of Schaeffer, I have to say, the academics were challenging to say the least. The teachers were great, and the students were nice for the most part. The only problem we really had with the school was the principal, who made my Schaeffer experience less than desirable. Nonetheless, Schaeffer is a great school, but approach with caution.

Posted March 18, 2008

As a graduate of Schaeffer Academy, I'd like to say I don't think Schaeffer is a good choice for every child. While the teachers are excellent, Schaeffer stresses academics to a point where many students struggle through their schooling. I believe a lot of this stems from peer pressure as somehow or another, grades of most if not all the students tend to become common knowledge to classmates. As the Christian worldview is reflected in all subjects, critical thinking can lead to an unfortunate apathy in matters of faith. Some of my former classmates struggle with depression, a few drink heavily, and roughly half have given up on Christianity. While I look back on Schaeffer with a host of fond memories (it is, indeed, like a second family), I want to encourage parents considering this school to think about the negatives as well as the positives presented by private schooling.

Posted March 5, 2007

My husband and I still consider Schaeffer Academy one of our greatest blessings! Our children are happy, getting a great education, and we have great peace about what they are being taught and who is teaching them. The teachers are exceptional and loving. This classical and Christian school has allowed each of our four children to be challenged and find success.

Posted October 9, 2006

As a parent who has had a student graduate from Schaeffer, and another in the school, the education at Schaeffer is execellent. The student who recently graduated is at a large public university and is easily handling the courses. The study and logic skills taught at Schaeffer prepared him well for his future. I noted with interest one parent's comment on a concern for additional principal leadership at the school. Schaeffer listens well to its parents and has hired an excellent assistant headmaster to address this concern. The school's academic superiority were recently proven once again - this year's graduating class has more National Merit Scholarship Semi-Finalists than 3 of the 4 other public and private high schools in Rochester, though our graduating class will be less than 1/10th the size of any of these schools. I am pleased to be associated with the excellent Christian education provided by Schaeffer Academy.

Posted July 3, 2005

Our family loves Schaeffer Academy, it's a great place to send your children. The academic programs have high standards. Parents are encouraged to become involved, the students are friendly, the building is safe, clean, and welcoming, and the children are encouraged to become their very best. In my opinion, the only area where the school needs improvement is in the area of administration. There is no elementary principal and this is a desperate need for the school since the bulk of the students are elementary. This would be a huge improvement. The greatest strength of the school is the elementary teaching staff. The elementary teachers are the best anywhere! They are encouraging, wise, and show great love to their students. I strongly recommend Schaeffer.

Posted January 21, 2005

We have two children enrolled at Schaeffer Academy, both since Kindergarten. Both of them 'thrive' at Schaeffer academically, spiritually, socially, and physically. Schaeffer offers a well-balanced, Christian education that focuses on the whole child. The teachers are wonderful, and care not only for their minds, but their souls, as well. Each year our kids say their present teacher is the 'best teacher they have ever had!' It just keeps getting better and better. With high academic standards, and loving teachers who encourage each child to do their best, we love Schaeffer!

Posted January 19, 2005

You will never regret sending your children to Schaeffer Academy. It is like having a second family.

Asian or Asian/Pacific Islander 8% 6%

Special education / special needs

Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Christian
Associations
  • ACCS
  • ACSI

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious
Specialized programs for specific types of special education students
  • Specific learning disabilities
Foreign languages taught
  • French
  • Latin
  • Spanish

Transportation options
  • School shares bus/van with other schools
  • Access to sports fields

• Jazz band
Performing arts
  • Drama
School leaders, update and verify information here.

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

2700 Schaeffer Lane Northeast