K-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Too much (1 response)

Schaeffer Academy 2

Posted August 21, 2016
As a current student at Shaffer Academy, I have been very stressed and feel intimidated by everyone at the school. There, the seniors and teachers kids the kings. Every year it's a endless cycle of getting pushed around and even getting death threats from them. On top of that it is a school for stuck up rich kids, and if you're not one of them no one will talk to you. Their is also a very homophobic attitude by many of the students to the point where is scared me.If you are thinking of in rolling you child in elementary, then I will tell you this. We had to walk in military formation in the halls are wrote apology letters to teachers if we even threw them a bad glance. The entire elementary was stuffing your child's brain with facts that are deemed useless in upperschool. This school also shields many kids from the harshness of the real world, including me. Again the academics are amazing but this school is not for me.

Posted May 18, 2016
I went to Schaeffer all throughout my high school career, everyone else in my class had been there since Kindergarten, I've seen several of the comments below criticizing Schaeffer's openness with new students, but I never felt anything but welcome. I struggled a bit with the first year as I am sure most students do, but by second year it was a blast. I just graduated with a degree in Engineering from the University of MN and 2 of my former classmates also studied engineering at large universities, others are pursuing psychology and medical careers, that accounts for about half my class, the other half is every bit as intelligent and are pursuing other careers in teaching and other humanities careers. I got accepted into Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, University of Wisconsin-Madison, and the U of MN in the cities, with scholarships at all and I wasn't even in the top 3rd of the class. It's a great school, and like every school, it is what you make it.

Schaeffer Academy
Amount of homework: Too much

Posted May 18, 2016
The homework load seemed quite excessive, but if you look back at the accomplishments, well worth it.

Schaeffer Academy 2

Posted December 10, 2015
Schaeffer's "safe" environment does the students no favors. Kids whose parents send them here to shelter them from the outside world are in for a rude awakening once they graduate. While Schaeffer does do an excellent job of pushing academics, it stresses them to a point where many students become anxious. Those who are labeled "troublemakers" by the administration early on will find themselves carrying a social stigma and will end up with the short end of the stick even when they do nothing wrong. Teachers blatantly play favorites, and students are neither warm nor accepting. There are pros to attending this school, pros that you are constantly reminded of throughout your time at Schaeffer, but there are also many cons that many people don't recognize, or simply refuse to acknowledge.

Schaeffer Academy 3

Posted October 11, 2014
I went to this school kindergarten-8th grade. I ended up laving due to being left out and no one wanting to talk to me. It was all good up until 7th grade to i would recommend after elementary school to send your child to public . Because not only will they be able to should their Christian foundations better, your child also will learn the real world and not how schaeffer claims it to be. Schaeffer toward when i left Spring of 2012 was seeming to become catholic and they stress way to high on academics causing me to have panic attacks and leave the school. Also unless your rich or have money, you will get treated like your poor and kids rub in how they are rich and many of the parents are cliche and stuck up. Im grateful for my time at Schaeffer, but i may or may not recommend anyone going there.

Schaeffer Academy 1

Posted April 24, 2014
Schaeffer used to be a great school until public schools put in AP classes and these AP classes can get you college credit if you pass the test! My son has already took one test last year and passed and he is taking four tests this spring. I think as a parent it is more important to have my child excel in math and sciences instead of taking P.E and Bible classes. Yes my family are Christians and we go to church every sunday. My son said on his first day of a public school the kids were more open and he also said that the Schaeffer kids are actually meaner than the public school kids. When my son went to Schaeffer everyone thought that my son was going to get beat up but he never has he has many friends and they all are very polite, Basically the reason we left Schaeffer was that the classes were to easy for him and he took everything honors! Trust me if you want to send your kids to Schaeffer i would think twice before you do so.

Posted March 28, 2014
Schaeffer is a great school that mixes a great education with caring teachers. Students learn the basics as well as latin, music, art and PE from Kindergarten on. Small classes sizes mean they get individual attention from teachers. They will be one of the only schools offering half day Kindergarten in Rochester, MN starting in 2014-2015. Our kids have thrived at Schaeffer.

Posted January 28, 2014
I am a Schaffer academy student. In 1st grade, I found out I had dyslexia, even tho schaeffer does not have a program fro disable or mental, they still helped me through my struggle. This is my first year in secondary (7th grade), everyone treats you so nice and kind. On Fridays my 2 closer friends, an eighth grader, a tenth grader, and I have a bible study. I know how kids say that they hate wearing uniforms, but they are not that bad, I've been wearing them sense 1st grade so it's grown on me. 6th grade was the BEST year ever!!! Mrs. H (teacher) and all the field trips/fun things are so FUN!!! I have a brother in 11th grade and a sister who graduated last year, everyone in my family says it a great school and so do I. My cousin once told me she wished she went to schaeffer cause it sounds fun and the academics are great. This IS a great school to go to.

Posted May 04, 2013
I toured every "choice" school, our neighborhood school and private schools. When I toured Schaeffer I knew I found "the one". I could not believe how advanced the kids were. I urge you to take the time to go to other schools and ask to observe the classroom. You will have a much greater understanding of what I am describing. Our child has been introduced to Latin, writes musical arrangements (including bass and treble clefs), describes musical terminology in detail and has been reading extremely well since early fall. He illustrates his writing, has a firm grasp on math concepts, is able to count money and do addition and subtraction. The art program is amazing (as depicted by the works adorning the halls). Cooperation, caring, empathy, and manners all abound at this school. Every morning, I watch older kids hold the door for my son as he walks into school.

Posted February 03, 2011
Wonderful school. Elementary gives a solid foundation for the kids to master their working habits, Math, English, Science, but most of all for getting the love of learning. Our 4 sons attended/are attending, and the 6th grader just thanked me again this week for him being there and learning so much! Secondary deepens the kids' knowledge and skills in a safe and loving environment, as well as letting them participate in so many sports, plays, and others, as the school is small enough to encourage them without the vicious competition of larger ones. The high caliber standards, as demonstrated in the concerts and plays help the children see their potential and get excited about achieving great things.

Schaeffer Academy