Rochester, MN

Victory Christian Academy 1

Posted October 19, 2014
NEPOTISM ABOUNDS! Unless you re one of the principal s family members or one of the favored families at the school (members of the church) your child will most likely not have an enjoyable experience here. My son didn t make it the whole year because of the relentless bullying that went on there. When brought to the attention of the principal he did NOTHING about it. One of the bullies is a favored pet of the principal and the other bully is related to him. A "Christian" school? Not even close! This school gives Christianity a bad name.

Victory Christian Academy 4

Posted April 22, 2014
Victory Christian Academy is like every other school. They exceed in many places but there are places that they could improve. Speaking as a graduate I loved Victory! They give you something more: friends that last a life time, sufficient time with teachers and genuine care. They don't just see you as a student or someone who gives them money. They strive to teach your child character so they will be good citizens and appreciate who they are as individuals. As a teacher I make it a point to let my students know that I love them no matter what and if I am being a little hard on them it is to make them a better person and not because I love hurting people. My goal is to have each student learn more than they ever could in a public school and to feel secure. They don't have to be afraid of bullying, school shootings, the pressures of classmates to do wrong or the school doing things behind the parents back. I am here for the students and their families to have a better education and a better life because of the character traits I teach them. I am thankful for graduating from here. I owe my life to this school.

Victory Christian Academy 1

Posted February 04, 2014
This school is old and need to just... stop. It is in need of serious renovation, more staff, and the high school is just about useless. It is time, for the very nice principle, who has been running this school for 30 years, to retire. If you ever do send your children here, make sure then are in elementary, because the high school, like I said before, is useless. It's just like doing homeschool, at home. Get Miss Tweed as your teacher if anyone.

Posted October 31, 2013
Nine Years at VCA and Staying! Looking for an excellent Christian education for your child? One on one student and teacher interaction? Stories of faith that teach values and give hope for your child or children? VCA is an excellent choice. Praying is part of their education at VCA! I can't tell you how many times my daughter has turned to me and told me how God will help her or us, a cousin, friend, through family deaths, to losses of pets, moves, and everything else that our youth go through. VCA offers various programs throughout the year such as: art projects, plays, sports, quarterly award programs, convention a walkathon, field trips, a Thanksgiving feast / Colonial Day program, a Christmas Program, Valentine's Day party, a Spring Program and an annual picnic. The teacher's are loving, genuine, and knowledgeable. They guide the students in a way that develops confidence, courage, and inner strength. In high school (7th - 12th), students learn to study independently, setting daily goals. Students earn merits for completing their work goals and tests, teaching them responsibility, discipline, and reward. Students use merits to buy time off, treats, and more.

Victory Christian Academy 2

Posted August 28, 2013
7-12 grade is very lonely here. Each student has a cubical that they sit in all day. There are no lessons or interaction as a group. Each student does their own work and goes home. It is the ACE system. I've never known a school where kids have no joy in learning, until now. They sit on the floor to eat lunch and the building is very old. The people that work at the high school could not be nicer. They just aren't teachers. They are babysitters.

Posted March 31, 2011
Victory Christian Academy is a wonderful school! It has a small student population, so each child gets a lot of one-on-one attention. Each child is valued and cared about as an individual. They focus on academics along with Christian character development. In my opinion, VCA is a little known gem in Rochester!

Victory Christian Academy 0

Posted March 28, 2010
VCA is an excellent school with great teachers devoted to teaching academically and spiritually. They really emphasize Character traits .

Posted December 27, 2007

Victory Christian Academy
606 36th Avenue Southeast, Rochester, MN  55904
Last modified Victory Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Victory Christian Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top