Bad
Good

My son struggled in every public school he attended here in Rochester, to the point of not wanting to attend or trying to accomplish anything while in school. His grades plummeted and he had no desire to do better and due to the no child is left behind rule he didn't have to they just kept pushing him through to the next year despite his failing grades. This was unacceptable to me as a parent and I started looking for other options. I had heard about ROC from a few people and the wonders it did for their children. We did the interview and I was literally in tears, I had never seen anyone take such interest and genuinely care for the students like Jay did. My son felt it as well and he was accepted and actually excited about school again! He loves going and says it's like his second family. As a parent this school has been a God send and it has given me my son back. He is doing great, his confidence is back, his grades are up and he is on his way to graduation. We couldn't be happier! Thank you to all the staff who honestly care for each and every student, you make a world of difference everyday!

Everyone acts like ROC is the greatest place ever. It isn't. The teachers are amazing but many of the kids are judgmental, small minded, and bullies. It wouldn't be as much of an issue if the school was bigger but because it is so small a few peoples opinions of one person can influence the whole school creating a very emotionally unsafe environment for the people that have been chosen as the school punching bag. I would advise you to go here if you need teachers that can give you individual attention but really beware.

Let's be honest here. This school is NOT a "clean, drug free, and sober environment.", but it IS somewhere where you can feel completely comfortable being yourself. So far there don't seem to be any cliques. Everybody talks to everybody. If you're shy, don't worry about not making friends... people will come up to you and talk(: The teachers are awesome and they are constantly encouraging the students to do their best. The work is fairly easy, so if you aren't the smartest student, no need to worry(: And if you're behind on something, they'll help you to catch up and maybe even get AHEAD. :D So drop your drama at the door, and come join this open, AWESOME environment.

Roc is a place u can call home..The staff are there for you when you need them ...And Jay thanks for believin in so many off us that were ready to give up in school...Roc is a great school the students get extra help more then usual schools. With out Roc I dont know where I would be at this moment...Roc staff's thanks for everything and Jay thanks for believing in us...

I like small schools and the teachers are great. Jay, our Principle, is the best guy you'll ever meet and is willing to give anyone a chance to make it in school. We're not like other schools, we're more like a family, cause everyone has respect for everyone. Making it so there are no fights and not as much drama. This is the best school I have ever been too. Thanks for having ROC as a school in Rochester. Parents don't worry about sending your kids there cause the school is a clean, drug free, and sober environment. We plan on keeping it that way too.

ROC has been been a life saver for my daughter. My daughter struggled through elementary & middle school and we feared that she would get into high school and have the class work be way over her head and for her to give up and drop out. My daughter gets up for school everyday she still struggles with getting work done but she is learning and growing everyday. Thanks to Jay and the staff my daughter is competing her 10th grade year and is excited to go to college once she graduates from high school. Rochester Off Campus Charter High School is a dream come true.

Last modified Rochester Off-Campus Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.