Rochester, MN

Posted October 26, 2014
Should be negative stars!!!! This school has a horrible reputation for treating kids as "guilty until proven innocent". They scare kids into being silent and if they do tell their side, the school will still punish them even if innocent. I am appalled that a public school can get away with treating children this way. Is this the kind of lessons we want our kids to be taught, "to fear authority?" If so, then this school is for you.

Riverside Central Elementary School 4

Posted September 23, 2014
My daughter loves going to Riverside! She is in first grade now and doing very well. She really enjoyed Kindergarten and both she and I LOVED her teacher - she was the best! I love how my daughter is already reading at a second grade level, which is amazing! I love that the classrooms have Smart Boards and iPads. I was nervous at first regarding all the comments about bullying and diversity issues, but we've had no problems! We were just zoned to attend Jefferson for the 2015-2016 school year and will greatly miss Riverside.

Riverside Central Elementary School 5

Posted September 10, 2014
Riverside staff are incredibly passionate for what they do. They truly enjoy the students and care about the families. WIth just stepping in the school, you feel at home and welcome. The principle and assistant principles are very engaged and involved. There is incredible supports for students including language development and mental health services.

Posted July 12, 2014
This school is a living hell the teachers are horrible my child was attending the school from Pre-K -5th grade. in pre K through 2nd grade everything was okay. But then i started seeing my son fail he had bad spelling test scores he never improved. He had fun but i was suffering. The school is all fun the teachers they don't grade homework and don't keep track they just give them assignment and they never ask about them the next day? When my son hit middle school he was so ashamed at how dumb he was and how far behind he wished he went to the other elemantary schools.

Riverside Central Elementary School 5

Posted April 02, 2014
Riverside is the best school in Minnesota i suggest you to take your kids here. There is a little bullying but when i went here there was huge consequense to the misbehavior. Again Its a Great School I suggest Mr.Johnson 3rd Grade Or Mrs.Newsome.Have Fun with your Choise.! Rate 10/10 Highly Recomended!!!!!!!!!

Posted September 13, 2012
I chose to take my child out of this school because of their high tolerance for bullying! They claim to have a zero tolerance bullying policy, but I would get calls and emails about my child being bullied. My child had items go missing that were never found, but one of the bullies had an item missing and the teachers allowed that child's parent to get in my child's face in front of other students. Her child's item was found in another classroom cubby they had!! My child was publicly shamed, with no apology, for something they didn't do! Riverside Central Elementary disgusts me!! I NEVER recommend this school. I have attended several field trips and noticed that the bullies seem to be favored by the teachers. I am so happy we pulled our child from this school. Grades went from 1's to 3's immediately!

Riverside Central Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2012
Great teachers at this school that care about all students. The new principal is wonderful. Very caring staff.

Posted March 02, 2012
This school is great in diversity. The teachers seem fairly new to teaching and new to the school, The prinicipal is never around. The office never relays important messages. Some para seem really rude with students.

Posted June 06, 2011
I have had many problems from day one at this school. Issues that concerned my child I always had to hear from her and the teacher always had a different explanation than my child when I spoke to her. It seems they are pointing fingers elsewhere whenever we bring up an issue. They are quick to discipline without listening to the child, many teachers are too easily frustrated and not sensitive to the feelings of my child. There is a lot of bullying going on and not much done about it. My feeling is that a good teacher will appreciate what is good in every child and help them succeed. I do not see this happening here at all. My child is treated like a nuisance and we are looking elsewhere in the school system.

Posted January 04, 2011
I have had multiple issues with this school. They do not push your child to achieve higher goals. The teacher that we have this year is one of the reasons why Riverside is one of the worst schools in Minnesota. He picks on certain kids more than the bullies. He has zero enthusiam for bettering your child. Bullying is supposed to be Zero Tolerance, but that is a joke. Kids continue to torment other kids with no or very little consequences. If you care about your child's education....Look elsewhere.

Riverside Central Elementary School
506 5th Ave SE, Rochester, MN  55904
Last modified Riverside Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Riverside Central Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top