Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

My kindergartener had a tough time starting out this year and the staff were amazing! From the principal to his teacher helping me with drop off in the morning to communicating through email suggestions on how to help him adjust. I was a bit concerned about the large size of the school, but I feel 100% comfortable dropping him off and knowing he's being very well taken care of! The head principle is very hands on and is outside very often helping with the drop off/pick up directing traffic. My son has learned so much this year, the accede mic side is also amazing! I can't say enough good things about this school! Thank you!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Teacher sends email reminders and weekly updates so parents know what's going on in the classroom

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Holds assemblies regarding this topic, also seems to be a very consistent topic in the classroom

The first day brought "thanks" from our favorite student for transferring from another school to Gibbs!

I will miss this school. My daughter was only able to go to this school for Kindergarten. In the beginning, I was very skeptical of the school because of the teacher to student ratio (my daughter's had 21 students). Within 2.5 hours they accomplished a lot! Her teacher always encouraged parents to get involved. My daughter ended K reading two grade levels ahead!

I have a child with special needs and as much as they say they want parents involved they really don't. They will not tell me anything about my son's day. He is not able to tell me what he did at school. I have had issues with his special ed teacher who has a control issue and again doesn't want to involve the family in our son's education. I would not recommend this for anyone with special education

We moved to this school district 3 mos ago. My 10 yr. old daughter in 5th grade really enjoys this school. She has made friends quickly, her teacher is very responsive to my questions. There isn't to much homework, yet they hold the kids accountable for their work. I'm happy with this school.

Last modified George W. Gibbs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.