Rochester, MN

George W. Gibbs Elementary School 5

Posted September 04, 2013
The first day brought "thanks" from our favorite student for transferring from another school to Gibbs!

George W. Gibbs Elementary School 4

Posted August 01, 2012
I will miss this school. My daughter was only able to go to this school for Kindergarten. In the beginning, I was very skeptical of the school because of the teacher to student ratio (my daughter's had 21 students). Within 2.5 hours they accomplished a lot! Her teacher always encouraged parents to get involved. My daughter ended K reading two grade levels ahead!

George W. Gibbs Elementary School 1

Posted May 18, 2011
I have a child with special needs and as much as they say they want parents involved they really don't. They will not tell me anything about my son's day. He is not able to tell me what he did at school. I have had issues with his special ed teacher who has a control issue and again doesn't want to involve the family in our son's education. I would not recommend this for anyone with special education

George W. Gibbs Elementary School 4

Posted April 16, 2011
We moved to this school district 3 mos ago. My 10 yr. old daughter in 5th grade really enjoys this school. She has made friends quickly, her teacher is very responsive to my questions. There isn't to much homework, yet they hold the kids accountable for their work. I'm happy with this school.

George W. Gibbs Elementary School
5525 56th St NW, Rochester, MN  55901
Last modified George W. Gibbs Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George W. Gibbs Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top