Rochester, MN

Posted October 12, 2014
Small class sizes, individualized instruction, academically rigorous, responsive to parent concerns, and Spanish and French beginning in preschool. Only secular private school in Rochester.

Posted February 20, 2014
I would give 6 stars!! RASA is excellent. Not only is RASA rigorous academically, the students learn to be culturally aware and to be good citizens. My son is in preschool and I couldn't be happier.

Posted February 11, 2014
This is an amazing school. I have 2 children in this school and couldn't be happier. The children are in a wonderful community of other children. They are academically challenged. The small class size allows for lots of individualized attention. Both of my children are quite different in their needs. My daughter has learned to be assertive and now does great with public speaking. My son has learned to follow instructions and gained listening skills. This is the most rigorous school in town. The math and science are started early as are the foreign languages of which they are learning French and Spanish at all grade levels. The teachers are kind and caring and have a great balance of dicipline and nuturing. Both of my children have learned to be more independent in their school work and have been challenged at every level. The afterschool activities include science club which my daughter loves. The school truly puts the needs of the child first.

Posted January 17, 2014
RASA is an incredible, small school near downtown Rochester. We first started looking at private schools because at the time, the public schools only offered 1/2 day kindergarten. We couldn't be happier, and plan to keep our kids at RASA until they age out. There are small classes with amazing teachers, rigorous academics (our kindergartener now adds, subtracts, reads at a basic level, knows about countries around the world, speaks some basic french and spanish, and asks ridiculously insightul questions). And with all this, he loves going to school every single morning. There is after school care available - not just child care but also great activities like Chinese Club, piano lessons, and lego club. We can't recommend it highly enough.

Posted January 17, 2014
We have been at the school now for three years and are constantly amazed at how well our two children are doing both academically and socially. Small class size, dedicated teachers, rigorous academics and two foreign languages all come together to make this an excellent small school. The teaching staff know all of the students giving the school a very friendly nurturing environment.

Posted January 03, 2014
My son has been at RASA for 6 months in the Junior Kindergarten program and has really thrived there. As other parents have noted, it's the small classroom, individualized attention, and excellent language program that have been most impressive to us. Our son LOVES the daily French and Spanish classes (30 minutes each every day!) and we have been amazed by his language acquisition. Our son was already reading at a pretty advanced level coming into the school, so I can't really speak to much to their reading program. I don't think he is getting the individualized attention in that regard that I would hope for, but that has been an issue at all of the schools I've checked out at the Preschool/Pre-K level. The facility is not pretty, but the smallness of it makes him feel right at home. It is great to have to have an afterschool program right on site that includes things like Lego club, music lessons, etc. It is also very helpful as a working parent that the school year/school day are longer than most and that there are no "snow days." We are having a tough time figuring out to do for Kindergarten next year. RASA is great, but also looking at less expensive options.

Posted September 30, 2013
RASA is an amazing IB school focused on the educating the whole child. Each child PK-3 get 30 minutes of both Spanish and French daily. All the teachers and staff outstanding to work with and dedicated to the success of each child. I have been at 3 different school and this by far has been the best experience for my children.

Posted September 18, 2013
the very very best private school here!! teachers work so hard. My child is in second grade and her reading fluency is at a level that public schools cannot provide. The individualized attention really works.

Posted June 09, 2010
My daughter attended kindergarten at RASA for half the day, and a public school for the other half day. We were amazed how much farther ahead she was in academics compared to her peers at the public school. The teachers are very motivated, kind and nurturing. The class sizes are small and the children know everyone else at the school. The school building is not the best looking, but resources seem to be going into providing the best in education.

Posted June 03, 2010
My daughter is completing her first year at this school. We are very pleased with our experience at RASA. This school has so much in one place compared to area public and private schools. Full day Kindergarten, after school care program, small class sizes, daily world languages, challenging academics, curriculum that develops social, emotional and intellectual growth. Teachers and staff are attentive to my child and family's needs and know each child's strengths and weakness. I am getting my monies worth with this level of personal care.

Rochester Arts and Sciences Academy
400 5th Ave SW, Rochester, MN  55901
Last modified Rochester Arts and Sciences Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-5
Rochester Arts and Sciences Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top