Posted December 22, 2014
Shannon Park is a great school. I have had three children go through this school, and we have learned throughout that the Shannon Park staff and community is phenomenal. The principal, Mr. Guthrie is wonderful. He always smiles, and gives away little plastic coins "worth one hundred dollars" to kids he sees doing good things. He also knows every student's name. When we first went there for Kindergarten registration, the first person we saw was Mr. Guthrie, and the first thing he said was, "Good evening. (Looks at my son) So, what's your name?" He knows every student's name. The staff there is amazing too. Every single teacher we have gotten has always seemed hardworking, and courteous to everyone. They also integrate the newest and best teaching methods into the classroom, making learning efficient and fun for the students. No wonder they earned the MN School of excellence Award, and always scores higher than state and district averages for Standardized Tests like the MCA's, and MAP's.

Posted December 07, 2014
This is an excellent school! The principal is very friendly and welcoming to all students and parents, and strives to know each individual by name. The school has a very professional and friendly learning environment. We have been very pleased with our daughters teachers.

Posted February 27, 2014
Best school ever! I will always remember the awesome staff, students, and community. My favorite teachers were all of them, but mostly Mrs. Anderson (4th Grade), and Mrs. Radspinner (Music).

Posted February 26, 2014
This is an absolutely wonderful school. The teachers are excellent and the administration is friendly and welcoming. The communication between parent and teacher and the level of parental involvement is spectacular. Our son has special needs, and the services he receives are excellent, including speech, occupational therapy, social-skills buildings, and sensory integration. And Mr. Guthrie is phenomenal -- where else will you find a principal who knows not only every student by sight, but also his or her name?

Shannon Park Elementary School 2

Posted September 10, 2012
I sent my child with great expectations. We liked the teacher very much. But the office staff was very non-coperative in helping us. They are big into after school programs. The school stops at 3:45 pm and as per the rules, the student is not allowed to wait for even 5 minutes in front of the office. We have to pay for the after hour school. A great business establishment and not a noble teaching institution.

Shannon Park Elementary School 4

Posted March 25, 2011
Our oldest child started Kindergarten this year. Although we believe the teachers are great, the overall feeling is not welcoming. One would think parents would want to reach out and get to know the other parents/class mates that their children are attending school with. It's almost as if they think they are part of an elite crowd. Because of this, we are seriously considering whether sending our five year old, and two younger siblings, to Shannon Park is the right decision.

Posted May 25, 2010
This is my daughter's first and last year at this school (she's moving on to middle school) and while I'm sad to leave such a wonderful school - I am thrilled to know my other two girls will eventually be here. It's an AMAZING school with an amazing staff. Best education we've had in the 5 yrs thus far!

Posted January 06, 2009
Nice new building, facilities all well-kept and a good mix of experienced and young teachers.

Posted August 16, 2008
All of my kids have attended Shannon Park Elementary. The teachers are wonderful and helpful and Mr. Guthrie is the best!!

Posted March 15, 2008
Awesome school! Amazing staff! Our 3 kids love/loved the school, and are acheiving academic success because of their experience at Shannon Park. Thanks so much to the staff/teachers, you are all wonderful!

Shannon Park Elementary School
13501 Shannon Parkway, Rosemount, MN  55068
Last modified Shannon Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Shannon Park Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top